DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys,

Recovering from a ling day of travel, about 14 hours total and 4 time zones in one day. Landed about 10:30 pm local time last night and this is what it looked like.

View attachment 411631

Pretty cool but I don't think I will get a good viewing of the Northern Lights on this trip.

Have a good one all.
Is Some kind of sleep mask in order? Does your hotel have blackout curtains?

MK Greatest Hits (Haunted Mansion, Splash, Its a small World and Peter Pan)
Nice that your MK greatest hits includes iasw.
Monday MK - Big Thunder, 7DMT and Splash (I cannot get the boy on Space M yet)
I couldn’t get my daughter on it either. The dark makes it scarier
Halloween Party (do you have to do FP's for the rides?)
You don’t FP during the party after 7:00pm. But if you are using only your party ticket that day, you can get in at 4:00pm and get a couple FP between 4 and 7
We'll see Toy Story and SW when it all calms down.
Will it ever calm down?

Morning y'all from another humid one from London. Apparently the mother of all heatwaves is coming over with the accompanying T-Storms for the weekend.

Lego Towers today, mainly on spreadsheets.

Nice that your MK greatest hits includes iasw.
HM is mine, Splash is Lady K's and DS, IASW is DD's and PP is the one we always do together.
You don’t FP during the party after 7:00pm. But if you are using only your party ticket that day, you can get in at 4:00pm and get a couple FP between 4 and 7
The UK tickets are time based for are good for everything, so that's a nice tip, I'll stick some in for 4. I read somewhere that DVC get in at 2?
Will it ever calm down?
The week we are out there is opening day, so hopefully it will be less busy than that......but you may be right looking at Pandora.
Recovering from a ling day of travel, about 14 hours total and 4 time zones in one day. Landed about 10:30 pm local time last night and this is what it looked like.
You win the Biz travel T shirt this week.
That thing is worth every penny.
It seems like a win....

Have a zippety-doo-dah day

Morning gents. I got a fraud alert call from my bank last night. My credit card was compromised, they tried using at a Goody's in Alabama...yeah, that wasn't me. It was only a small charge, they were "testing it". Luckily the bank caught it and locked down the card. But I have to get a new one and then change all my automatic payments that come off it. It's really frustrating because it's my main card and I thought I was being careful with it. I don't use it for online shopping., I don't have it stored online anywhere, and I only use it at "trustworthy stores". But I guess these days nothing is trustworthy.

I read somewhere that DVC get in at 2?
I think I heard of that too. Couldn't tell you if it's true though.

Lego Towers today, mainly on spreadsheets.

Lego spreadsheets? I don't think that one's going to sell very well.

Morning gents. I got a fraud alert call from my bank last night. My credit card was compromised, they tried using at a Goody's in Alabama...yeah, that wasn't me. It was only a small charge, they were "testing it". Luckily the bank caught it and locked down the card. But I have to get a new one and then change all my automatic payments that come off it. It's really frustrating because it's my main card and I thought I was being careful with it. I don't use it for online shopping., I don't have it stored online anywhere, and I only use it at "trustworthy stores". But I guess these days nothing is trustworthy.

That sucks. All it takes is one skimmer at a gas station. My bank has caught fraud a couple of times on my cards before I knew anything was wrong. They actually seem to be pretty good at that.

Morning gents.
Car’s in for routine maintenance today. Hoping to keep it under $500.

Sorry to hear that. It sucks. At least you don’t have to fight an $8,000 bill like I had to.
Lego spreadsheets? I don't think that one's going to sell very well.
It’s LEGO. Of course it will.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just trying to catch up at work, listening to parks music does help keep the spirits up as work is still a 5 alarm cluster. Have a good one gents.
Sorry - That's a major PITA to go through and update everything.

Morning gents. I got a fraud alert call from my bank last night. My credit card was compromised, they tried using at a Goody's in Alabama...yeah, that wasn't me. It was only a small charge, they were "testing it". Luckily the bank caught it and locked down the card. But I have to get a new one and then change all my automatic payments that come off it. It's really frustrating because it's my main card and I thought I was being careful with it. I don't use it for online shopping., I don't have it stored online anywhere, and I only use it at "trustworthy stores". But I guess these days nothing is trustworth
Glad your bank caught it early👍
Luckily no. But how did that go for you. I have no idea how that works. Are you able to get that charge dropped from the card?
One of my cards was used fraudulently, they put 11k on it, thankfully we have fraud protection on the cards.It was one call to the bank and they removed all the charges.It was a PIA to change all occurring charges to a new card.

Another day in Yellowknife. This is what it looked like at 1 am.

DW got an update on her Tuscon today, it should be ready on July 4th. That dealership is a piece of work!

Had that happen on my work card a couple of times, it's a real PITA.

Although I'm shocked to learn Princess Leia likes it in the small exhaust port..

That's what they all say. :lmao:

Cameroon v England was a fun game to watch for the drama.

Watched that one. Terrible VAR work. Lots of drama. Proud of your coach for calling them out for it.

Well, that was a fun night. Got a call just after 10 p.m. that one of my on-call staff was driving erratically, slurring his speech on the radio, and almost sideswiped a car in his state vehicle. I got to run out in the middle of the night to meet a policeman and then have this guy and his truck picked up and then have him drug tested.

The thrills of supervisor government work.

The best part was that our policy requires us to call HR before sending the individual for testing. We tried repeatedly to call all 3 listed contacts and no one ever answered the phone, so we did the best we could. Talked to HR this morning and they admitted that their policy for after-hours incidents was to "pray we never get a call".

More government excellence. How big was the department that forgot that policy? HR - At least 20 employees meeting to avoid work while drawing paycheckz.

It was FP day today so it shaped up as.....

Weds/Thursday/Friday at Hard Rock Hotel in the Dark Side doing Harry Potter (with the Hard Rock we get the Express pass thingy)

Arrive Poly Saturday lunchtime, then our MK Greatest Hits (Haunted Mansion, Splash, Its a small World and Peter Pan) dinner on Trader Sams Terrace or the Tambu Lounge
Sunday - Lunch at Homecomin in Disney Springs and a wander/chill (we've never been to ESPN so may go)
Monday MK - Big Thunder, 7DMT and Splash (I cannot get the boy on Space M yet)
Tuesday - Pool hang in the morning, then Halloween Party (do you have to do FP's for the rides?)
Weds - Garden Grill Breakfast, then Soarin/Mission Space/Spaceship Earth and then Food & Wine general gluttony
Thurs - Pool hang in morning, then Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash and then the Dessert party for HEA
Fri - Late one in AK to do the late Safari, FOP and Pandora in the dark, and I think some dinner at Nomad Lounge
Sat - Kona Breakfast (our tradition on the last day) stop in to 'bye to the castle and then pick the car up and off to St Petes for a few days to decompress, fly home Friday.

No DHS. Swerving. We'll see Toy Story and SW when it all calms down.

So jealous.

There is an Adam Ruins Everything bit about credit card insecurity.

Sorry to hear that. It sucks. At least you don’t have to fight an $8,000 bill like I had to.

I've not had $8000 in an account that could be accessed by debit card. :lmao: :sad2:

DW got an update on her Tuscon today, it should be ready on July 4th. That dealership is a piece of work!

Good thing she doesn't need a car for anything. :rolleyes:

More government excellence. How big was the department that forgot that policy? HR - At least 20 employees meeting to avoid work while drawing paycheckz.

Do you know anyone who has a good thing to say about HR? I don't.

The best part was that our policy requires us to call HR before sending the individual for testing. We tried repeatedly to call all 3 listed contacts and no one ever answered the phone, so we did the best we could. Talked to HR this morning and they admitted that their policy for after-hours incidents was to "pray we never get a call". :sad2:
Why does this not surprise me?

Do you know anyone who has a good thing to say about HR? I don't.

My wife's cousin works at HR. Now, her husband's family owns the company. But, I hear positive things with her. And, not just because it's the family, because I hear complaints about them as well. She has helped lots of people get jobs and offered to help me find something if my job goes out.

Luckily no. But how did that go for you. I have no idea how that works. Are you able to get that charge dropped from the card?
It was a PITA.
I called. They said they'd remove it. Took a few days. Then it was gone. Then I got an email or letter saying they referred it to their fraud department. Then it showed up again. I called again and was told "It's a different department so we put it back on so they can deal with it." Then got transferred to the fraud department who took it off again after a few more days.
But.
I wonder.
Once it was off, if it had been a smaller amount, and they put it back on... if I didn't catch it the second time, would I have had to pay it?
Another day in Yellowknife. This is what it looked like at 1 am.
Yep. :) Looks very familiar. It'll stay that way until around 2am or so then start getting brighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter