DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello from the Great Frozen North. Made it to Halifax at 2:30 am this morning. Flight home was supposed to go at 9:45 am. It got canceled. Got rebooked for 3:15 PM, you guessed it got canceled,no more flights today. May get out tomorrow.
:guilty:
Keep hoping to hear y'all got home.
Sorry seems to fall short.

:sad:

How much would snow weigh given a mound aprox 5' x 3' x 6'?
I don't think your that far off on your first answer mate. 5x3x6 feet would be 90 cubic feet of snow. Snow (apparently) weighs 20 pounds a cubic foot. So unless my maths is off, that's 1800 pounds. So 90% of a ton.
No wonder your back is struggling, that's immense.

Hello from the Great Frozen North. Made it to Halifax at 2:30 am this morning. Flight home was supposed to go at 9:45 am. It got canceled. Got rebooked for 3:15 PM, you guessed it got canceled,no more flights today. May get out tomorrow.

Ugh. Brutal re-entry to the real world. I've slept in the airport before, and...well, I hope you get home soon.

Thanks Mark! I'm covering the US as well, as its a global role, so hopefully our paths will cross at some point. We might even get to an actual sports bar rather than a virtual one.

That would be great. Definitely shoot me a message if you happen to be somewhere in my area.

Morning boys.
Back isn't out... but it sure is sore. Shoveled a ton of snow yesterday. Hmm...
1 ton = 2,000lbs...

In 100% seriousness... it was probably closer to 1/2 ton, then. How much would snow weigh given a mound aprox 5' x 3' x 6'?

:faint:

I don't think your that far off on your first answer mate. 5x3x6 feet would be 90 cubic feet of snow. Snow (apparently) weighs 20 pounds a cubic foot. So unless my maths is off, that's 1800 pounds. So 90% of a ton.
No wonder your back is struggling, that's immense.

Took over an hour to move it.

Thanks Mr. Front-end-loader for piling it on my driveway.

Oxmoor mall in Louisville? What's the company? Louisville is about 2 hours east of me, plus a time zone change. It is the biggest city in KY.
It's Lego mate.
So all of the stores are now one way or another are on my radar. I think the store in Oxmoor is pretty new, so it might be a while. But I'll do my best. Also trying to get some kind of refurb going in Disney Springs in January on an completely unrelated matter. :rolleyes1
Everything is Awesome.

Last edited:

A proper introduction since I jumped right in mid-thread critisizing the groups criteria for fried poultry, admitted I had been influenced by a foreign government, and then in true modern form had a number slapped on me (#857 reporting for duty!) and was greeted with demands for frothy pineapple, liquid courage, and pork products!... (Not Kosher?!?)
:badpc: 'makes dad jokes...' check. And now fun facts:

-Call me Mac, even though my last name has no 'A' that fact has been largely ignored since since 1985, when it became a thing in kindergarten.
-Previous 'posts' (a Northerner who grew up in the South...): NY, NJ, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, London - UK. Only NYC, UK and Currently in NJ, down the Shore as a 'grown up'
-Former rugby union player, now mostly coach and referee. Still get to do a bit of traveling for that.
-Married my lovely wife at the shiny new (at the time...) Waldorf Astoria Orlando, which apparently counts as "Disney Property" and says as much right on our marriage license. Spent the next day at MK, as one does.
-1 munchkin, boy, born in England, also NOT currently dating your daughter...
-I wrote a strongly worded letter to the WD Co in 1998 when the Enchanted Tiki Room went "Under New Management" expressing my distain since it made my word-for-word singalong much more difficult...
-As much as Dole Whips are tasty, and rum makes them fun... My #1 adult beverage will always be a Mai Tai in the Tambu Lounge, family tradition. Even have a set of the Tiki glasses from the 80's my parents saved for me.
-I run b/c I like to eat, and drink, and be lazy... Lots of Marathons b/c that's a race that can hurt you if you don't respect it. Just did Dopey 2019, fun! (and must have just missed you guys) Already booked in for Marathon 2020.
-I was mistaken for a Cast Member 2x this past marathon week b/c I was wearing a Trader Sam's button down and khakis... 1st one thought it was funny, and was asking something I knew (always be nice, until it's time to not be nice - RoadHouse) the 2nd didn't like that I was helping my wife with our son but not her with whatever it was she wanted and resulted with me using the F-bomb on Disney Property, one of my big No-Nos.
-Will be back to the Poly to celebrate IronWifey's (slightly more crazy wife is into IronMan... for basically same reasons) 40th on the dreaded July 4 week...

I really fit too many of those DIS Dad criteria, really a bit frightening.
Again, welcome! You'll do.........
As the late great Rodney Dangerfield would say. I'm alright now but last week I was in rough shape let mr tell you:sick:. Day after we got home last week I came down with a touch of the flu glad I got the flu shot:scared1:, got a extra 2 days off from work and when I did work it was right to bed:eek:. Figure I must of got it at the airport, it's nice to see that so many are so willing to share their sickness. With all the coughing and sneezing going on in the check point line, I'm surprised we all didn't catch it:scratchin

Anyway we had a Great time meeting up with Rob and his family at Epcot, and we had a couple Moraccoritas:drinking1:thumbsup2. Hope to meet up again for future drinking:goodvibes:drinking1

Also meet up with Doc and DD:cool1: we always have a good time:thumbsup2. I want to Thank Doc for giving me a complete set of Transportation Cards:thanks:. I do have to say Doc is a real go getter on the cards, I can't believe how many CM's Doc is finding that have them:confused3. I gotta bring him some plastic cases to keep them in on my next trip:thumbsup2

On this trip we ate at The Boathouse, for me this was a one and done. Seems both my son and I are not fans of grass fed beef (has a gamey taste to it). A lot of people may say it is better for you, that's fine I'll save it for them:rotfl:
Sorry about getting sick, travel can definitely impact the immune system. Hope you have a speedy recovery
Morning chaps from a Sunny and bright London. A little bit of magic happened here this morning. I can't go into too much detail, but my time as a SAHD is coming to an end on March 1. I'm totally stoked about the company I'll be working for, and part of the job is looking after Theme Park Stores. I really don't regret at all for one second the decision to look after the kids for a year, me and DD have formed a proper little bond.

Unfortunately this means that I'm going to have to turn down Doc and Rob's kind offers of undocumented Dual Feudalist "Cap doffing/brisket making/house cleaning/bacon smoking" duties.
Congratulations Dan, all the best! LEGO eh, hope you get that January Disney Springs refurb worked out
Woww, that sucks. Hope you finaly get home safe.

DD got invited to her Formal. Since the school is so small they do one for grades 9-12. He is just a friend from her class and had a crush on her in 7th grade but I told him back then I have access to heavy equipment and 10,000 acres of remote forest land so he kept his distance. At their age they are both too young to drive so I imagine I will be chauffeur for this event.

Morning chaps from a Sunny and bright London. A little bit of magic happened here this morning. ..

I'll send my missus over as well mate, she could do with a bit of work on this...

Congrats! Tell your missus I will exchange driving lessons for Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.

Ouch. You need a vacation to recover from the trip home.

Morning boys.
Back isn't out... but it sure is sore. Shoveled a ton of snow yesterday. Hmm....
A cubic foot of water is approximately 62.43 pounds but without knowing the moisture content of your snow I can't finish the calculations.

Last edited:
Hope everyone is doing well and if they're not I pray that they get to doing better. I'm getting tired of the snow and freezing rain. It seems we're getting hit every weekend and once during the week. I'm 6 hours into a 12 hour shift and haven't done a thing yet due to the corn mill that keeps me busy went down and has had all sorts of problems.

Happy "Let's double the price of flowers day" from a frosty and foggy London. If it was dark I'd be looking round the corner for Jack the Ripper. Good luck Rob, hopefully your intrepid journey back to Canada will end today.

Congratulations Dan, all the best! LEGO eh, hope you get that January Disney Springs refurb worked out
Cheers Mikey. I know I have to spend a week in China, a week in Connecticut and a few days in Denmark in my first 3 months, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out from there. I think its gonna be quite China heavy, but then everything seems to be in the last few years.
Hope everyone is doing well and if they're not I pray that they get to doing better. I'm getting tired of the snow and freezing rain. It seems we're getting hit every weekend and once during the week. I'm 6 hours into a 12 hour shift and haven't done a thing yet due to the corn mill that keeps me busy went down and has had all sorts of problems.
Hey buddy, sounds like you're having a rough one. Let's hope the rest of your shift improves mate.
Congrats! Tell your missus I will exchange driving lessons for Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout.
Thank you sir. You a fan of Samuel Smith? In one of my old jobs in the West End we used to have a Sam Smith pub opposite our building. In their pubs over here they only serve their own product on beer and mixers. Good luck with the formal(?) Is that Prom?
Might've been a bit tired afterwards.
I can understand that. Get this man a blower! (there's your set up, someone swing for the fence)

Have a great Valentines' Day chaps, may your arrow be straight and hit the target.

Thanks mate, on the vibes and the help.

On the contract front, it would have probably gone as well as the conversation I had with the other firm I was in deep discussion with joining, when I told them I was stopping the process.
Anyone would have thought I just told her I’d slept with her sister when she was out of town.
Well, if you hadn't slept with her sister while she was out of town, she probably would have looked at you differently.

Morning, folks.
Bought the DW a card and a gift... waited up to make sure she was asleep... then forgot to put it out where she'd see it.
She's at work already. Ah well.

Hang in there. 12 hour shift... Hated those. So now I work 16 on occasion instead! :laughing:

Happy "Let's double the price of flowers day" from a frosty and foggy London

You forgot the obligatory red card.

I know I have to spend a week in China, a week in Connecticut and a few days in Denmark in my first 3 months,

Holy crap!

Get this man a blower! (there's your set up, someone swing for the fence)

I'll let someone else do that. I suck at that.

Well, if you hadn't slept with her sister while she was out of town, she probably would have looked at you differently.

:lmao:

Thank you sir. You a fan of Samuel Smith? In one of my old jobs in the West End we used to have a Sam Smith pub opposite our building. In their pubs over here they only serve their own product on beer and mixers. Good luck with the formal(?) Is that Prom?

I always prefer a stout when given a choice and their Oatmeal Stout goes down easily. Guinness is good but I can't drink more than one at a sitting.

I can understand that. Get this man a blower! (there's your set up, someone swing for the fence)

Have a great Valentines' Day chaps, may your arrow be straight and hit the target.

Not going to touch either of those

Morning all. I know it's Valentine's Day, but I found this article, which I think is a great way to start the day and a good picture of my home state.

20190214_080631.jpg

Fishing with a biscuit. Can't make this stuff up.

It's Lego mate.
So all of the stores are now one way or another are on my radar. I think the store in Oxmoor is pretty new, so it might be a while. But I'll do my best. Also trying to get some kind of refurb going in Disney Springs in January on an completely unrelated matter. :rolleyes1
Everything is Awesome.

Lego is great. Hope you can make it out this way.

DD got invited to her Formal. Since the school is so small they do one for grades 9-12. He is just a friend from her class and had a crush on her in 7th grade but I told him back then I have access to heavy equipment and 10,000 acres of remote forest land so he kept his distance. At their age they are both too young to drive so I imagine I will be chauffeur for this event.

And it begins for you. May the force be with you, always.

That's a good point well made sir.

Not going to touch either of those
That's what she said.

@londontime My niece works for legoland, so maybe I'll get a chance to catch up with you there or at DTD.
Cool! The parks are owned by Merlin on a licence, but I'm pretty sure the stores in the park are ours. I'll find out in a couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll see you on the August trip anyways.

I always prefer a stout when given a choice and their Oatmeal Stout goes down easily. Guinness is good but I can't drink more than one at a sitting.
I'm the opposite. I used to drink Guinness at football, as I could drink 3 or 4 and I'll still have room for a cheeky steak pie at half time. If I drink too much IPA or definitely lager I can't eat. I find it less gassy.

I'll let someone else do that. I suck at that.
1-0.

20190214_080631-jpg.382279
I have no idea why he is fishing with a scone, but I do like where he lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter