DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Prayers for you as well. If you get the job, remember, if you need a highly paid, copying/ pasting do-nothing telecommuting assistant from KY, then I'm available. :sad2: :lmao:

Fortunately, this is one of those exciting added responsibilities with no additional money, time or assistance jobs...so I have a feeling it will be more likely that you see me whining about it :confused3
Good luck.

Thanks!

Latest Riverwatch forecast is 7.6 meters by the weekend. If you look at the picture of the poles, that would be about to the top of the 4th from the left. That probably means that some water on the edge of downtown and possible some road closures on the highway just east of the City. No worries for us, we'll be dry.

That's good news!

I live in a coastal town that is subject to routine tidal flooding. Rain doesn't give us problems, just those darn northeasterly winds. Fortunately, when we were buying our house, I researched and we live in a spot that hasn't been under water in the last 100 years. I'm constantly amazed at the levels of flooding I see from rivers in other areas.

Congrats on the bigger job, best wishes for success!

Thanks!

Good luck to you. I made a big career change last year, so I know it's a big step.

Thanks. It is, and a bit nerve wracking. DW keeps telling me to chill out. I should listen to her advice.

Prayers for you Paul. You'll do great at the new job and feel free to use that term, maybe even on the first day if necessary :lmao:

If you need a highly paid, do-nothing telecommuting assistant from KY, then I'm available. :sad2:

Much appreciated. Got you on speed dial if that role comes up.

In 2008 it is one of the two middle posts and downtown looked like this:

Normally it would look like this:

5479566583_f449708293_b.jpg

Woah...

Well Done Sir! What do you listen to on the way home?

Podcasts mostly - EWTN & Dave Ramsey. I travel thru even more rural counties than my own, not much radio, and it drops cell calls at times.

Fortunately, this is one of those exciting added responsibilities with no additional money, time or assistance jobs...so I have a feeling it will be more likely that you see me whining about it

Well, congrats anyway, and whine away.

Much appreciated. Got you on speed dial if that role comes up.

I made it on speed dial. Wow! That's better than Cousin Eddie waiting on that management position. :woohoo:

Hello gents, well it's been a busy time for me again, both at work and at home. Youngest DD had her second of four dance competitions this past weekend. DW made it for part of it, but I didn't get to see it. I was preoccupied with oldest DDs high school graduation weekend (in most other places you would call it Prom, here we call it Grad). Leading up to this, myself and a group of parents have been busy preparing for "Safe Grad", which is a drug & alcohol free night at the school, after the formal prom. Our group took one of the classrooms and transformed it into a room based on the TV show Survivor (I think @pkondz watches that show, not sure if anyone else). It was a lot of work over the last few months making all the props and decoration. Then Thursday we packed it all up from our storage warehouse/workshop and moved it into the school gym. Friday was the big decorating day - removing all the desks, decorating the classroom walls, putting out all our props and games. Saturday was the big day and my memory up to the evening was just a barrage of curling irons, make-up utensils, and camera clicks. But I was very proud of my step-daughter on her graduation day so I guess it was all worth it. The night at Safe Grad went off well, we had over 100 kids come in and play our Survivor games. I left the school at 4:30am It's been many years since I stayed up that late, especially without alcohol involved. Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of it all.

View attachment 319081 View attachment 319082 View attachment 319083 View attachment 319085 View attachment 319086View attachment 319087

Looks Great, Hope Everyone had a blast:thumbsup2:goodvibes. I would be all in if WDW ever did a Survivor or a Amazing Race sort of event, With a few Dis dads and 1 blogger in mind I really think we could be a winning team:dancer::cool1:party:.

Hey guys. Hope all are doing well. Been a bit crazy around here, just gave my notice at work, taking on a new role at a new company - bigger job, but a lot more risk and uncertainty. Freaking out a bit, but I'll get through. Could use thoughts/prayers if you have any lying around.

Hope all works out well and you climb to the top:thumbsup2 I just want to retire, I have my years in this Sept, but don't have the age for another 5 yrs 11m:scared1:, had to go to a meeting today and fell asleep when someone woke me up I said I'm only came for lunch I'm up 41% last week, why am I here:confused3

Last edited:
Morning All.

Beautiful sunny day here with temps headed for the 60s F. The downside of that is we are past the flood level, streets, roads, ramps, parking lots are flooded and it is still suppose to rise throughout the weekend. The prediction is close to what we had in 2008 and that's not good for one woman who works for me; she had 5 feet of water in her basement that year. To make matters worse the biggest craft brewer in the area just tweeted that access to their building us now cut off and their brew pub is closed until further notice. :sad1:

The City itself is about 10 miles below a dam and it has its gates wide open trying to keep ahead of the rising levels of the head pond.

31357601_586738085046270_2256151208261582848_n.jpg

Have a good one all.

Last edited:
It's Friday. I can't get my head into work this week. Are we calling it yet?

I remember now. Sorry, I am an idiot. Caulk it up to old age.
We all get to play the old man card once in a while.

Beautiful sunny day here with temps headed for the 60s F. The downside of that is we are past the flood level, streets, roads, ramps, parking lots are flooded and it is still suppose to rise throughout the weekend. The prediction is close to what we had in 2008 and that's not good for one woman who works for me; she had 5 feet of water in her basement that year. To make matters worse the biggest craft brewer in the area just tweeted that access to their building us now cut off and their brew pub is closed until further notice. :sad1:
Floods are bad enough, but no beer! Yikes!
Hope the flooding doesn't get too bad.

Actually seeing the sun for the first time in a week and seeing the son for the first time in about 6 weeks. Therefore, Dan get it in gear and call it or we will have to call on a substitute. Have a great weekend guys
My condolences. But, i was watching HS girls tennis. We won, both my girls won, but it is still painful.
My condolences but congrats to the girls
Morning All.

The City itself is about 10 miles below a dam and it has it's gates wide open trying to keep ahead of the rising levels of the head pond.

31357601_586738085046270_2256151208261582848_n.jpg

Have a good one all.
That sucks and sorry to hear, especially about the brew pub. Seriously, hope all stay safe.

Done for the day. Still have a couple of loads of Laundry but i can do that when I want. I'm done messing with the yard, not that it is done, I'm just done messing with it. Making Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola for dinner. Not much else going on here over the weekend.

My condolences. But, i was watching HS girls tennis. We won, both my girls won, but it is still painful.

Understandable but at least they won. Congrats to the both of them.

Morning All.

Hope your coworker doesn't have to deal with a flooded basement.

But for god's sake, SAVE THE BEER!

This is the brewery that has been cut off. I'm thinking of volunteering to wade through and help save the beer.

You need to set off the extraction beacon, the rest of us will be there in a flash to extract the beer.

It's Friday. I can't get my head into work this week. Are we calling it yet?

Actually seeing the sun for the first time in a week and seeing the son for the first time in about 6 weeks. Therefore, Dan get it in gear and call it or we will have to call on a substitute. Have a great weekend guys

Somebody call it, I'm sick of my job. Do I look sick to you? Maybe I should tell them I'm sick...

One of the errands was to hit Publix Liquor for some bourbon and ginger ale. I'm ready. You guys have a great weekend.

We all get to play the old man card once in a while.

...once in a whiles are coming faster and faster these days. :eek:

Ain't that the truth Randall.

That sucks and sorry to hear, especially about the brew pub. Seriously, hope all stay safe.

We should be fine but there if the weather forecast holds there will be some people in major trouble. We are close now to the 2008 level which was the worst on in about 30 years.

Some good news on the brew pub, another of the craft brewers grabbed some kegs from them and our pouring them in their brew pub for the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter