DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey guys. Hope all are doing well. Been a bit crazy around here, just gave my notice at work, taking on a new role at a new company - bigger job, but a lot more risk and uncertainty. Freaking out a bit, but I'll get through. Could use thoughts/prayers if you have any lying around.

praying

Hey guys. Hope all are doing well. Been a bit crazy around here, just gave my notice at work, taking on a new role at a new company - bigger job, but a lot more risk and uncertainty. Freaking out a bit, but I'll get through. Could use thoughts/prayers if you have any lying around.

Good luck Paul, you got this!

Half way point of the week. DS will be back home Friday for the summer as he wraps up spring semester so we got that goin for us. My countdown ticker is not going fast enough, have a good rest of the day gents.
All the best to you that things work out.

Morning Guys from a wet Fredericton, NB. Lots of rain overnight and more today. The river is just about at flood stage, hopefully it will be a normal flood year.

Have a good one all!

Hello gents, well it's been a busy time for me again, both at work and at home. Youngest DD had her second of four dance competitions this past weekend. DW made it for part of it, but I didn't get to see it. I was preoccupied with oldest DDs high school graduation weekend (in most other places you would call it Prom, here we call it Grad). Leading up to this, myself and a group of parents have been busy preparing for "Safe Grad", which is a drug & alcohol free night at the school, after the formal prom. Our group took one of the classrooms and transformed it into a room based on the TV show Survivor (I think @pkondz watches that show, not sure if anyone else). It was a lot of work over the last few months making all the props and decoration. Then Thursday we packed it all up from our storage warehouse/workshop and moved it into the school gym. Friday was the big decorating day - removing all the desks, decorating the classroom walls, putting out all our props and games. Saturday was the big day and my memory up to the evening was just a barrage of curling irons, make-up utensils, and camera clicks. But I was very proud of my step-daughter on her graduation day so I guess it was all worth it. The night at Safe Grad went off well, we had over 100 kids come in and play our Survivor games. I left the school at 4:30am It's been many years since I stayed up that late, especially without alcohol involved. Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of it all.

Big Survivor fan here too. You guys killed it, that looks great. Love it when parents come together to help kids celebrate safely, glad the kids had a great time. Congrats to DD!

Yep. I watch Survivor. :)
The decorations are really impressive and your daughter looks beautiful. I’m sure you’re super proud.

Not been here lately. Busy visiting California and catching up now. Should be back reading here soon.
Prayers, pixie dust, congrats where needed!

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Kellyn this year, I keep waiting for her to be voted out.

lol. I like that term. May need to steal it if that's ok...

Yes, well, about 30 minutes outside of beantown. Just now I will be the head beancounter. So the buck, or I should say, bean, will stop with me.

Congrats on the bigger job, best wishes for success!

Half way point of the week. DS will be back home Friday for the summer as he wraps up spring semester so we got that goin for us. My countdown ticker is not going fast enough, have a good rest of the day gents.

All the best to you that things work out.

It's so nice when the come home for the Summer, still not sure if DS is coming home this year or if he'll be staying in SC and working.

I've got a big observation coming up next week. I've been training for a new teaching method to become our in house "coach" next year. My "final" is with the observation next Tuesday. I feel good about it, but still have to make it through.

Morning Guys from a wet Fredericton, NB. Lots of rain overnight and more today. The river is just about at flood stage, hopefully it will be a normal flood year.

Have a good one all!

Seems strange to hope for a normal flood, but since that's what you said, then I'll hope for it too!

Our group took one of the classrooms and transformed it into a room based on the TV show Survivor

Wow, that was a lot of work. But it paid off--looks great!

8dd94ab69a07e828c53e992ef83852bf.jpg

Seems strange to hope for a normal flood, but since that's what you said, then I'll hope for it too!

Normal here means it crests the banks and maybe covers a couple of soccer/baseball fields. That happens when the river hits about 7.1 meters when it gets to 7.4 it starts to get nasty.

The City installed this a few years ago to show the heights of various floods over the year.

riverwatch2017highwatermarker.jpg

In 2008 it is one of the two middle posts and downtown looked like this:

Normally it would look like this:

5479566583_f449708293_b.jpg

When does your school year end? I thought it was similar to here with the high school finishing mid June followed by Prom and the graduation ceremonies.
High ends in June, same as you. But proms have always been in April/May and then a cap & gown graduation ceremony in the fall (for those who actually made it)
It makes more sense to me to have it after exams, but some teachers have said they do it this way to get the distraction over with before.

Does the oldest have any post graduation plans?
She's going to university here, plans on doing a degree in behavioural neuroscience, then possibly on to medicine.

Good luck to you. I made a big career change last year, so I know it's a big step.

Happy Thursday. One last 72 mile drive home and the week is done for me - well, at one job.

lol. I like that term. May need to steal it if that's ok...

Prayers for you Paul. You'll do great at the new job and feel free to use that term, maybe even on the first day if necessary :lmao:

If you need a highly paid, do-nothing telecommuting assistant from KY, then I'm available. :sad2:

I've got a big observation coming up next week. I've been training for a new teaching method to become our in house "coach" next year. My "final" is with the observation next Tuesday. I feel good about it, but still have to make it through.

Prayers for you as well. If you get the job, remember, if you need a highly paid, copying/ pasting do-nothing telecommuting assistant from KY, then I'm available. :sad2: :lmao:

Love to have you along CJ. Would really like you to meet my kids.

I second this. Would be awesome to have you join!

I really wish I could. Booked a week in October before I found out about the cruise.

Normal here means it crests the banks and maybe covers a couple of soccer/baseball fields. That happens when the river hits about 7.1 meters when it gets to 7.4 it starts to get nasty. The City installed this a few years ago to show the heights of various floods over the year.

Wow, hope you stay safe and dry and the city doesn't get hit that bad.

Good luck.

She's going to university here, plans on doing a degree in behavioural neuroscience, then possibly on to medicine.

I remember now. Sorry, I am an idiot. Caulk it up to old age.

Wow, hope you stay safe and dry and the city doesn't get hit that bad.

Latest Riverwatch forecast is 7.6 meters by the weekend. If you look at the picture of the poles, that would be about to the top of the 4th from the left. That probably means that some water on the edge of downtown and possible some road closures on the highway just east of the City. No worries for us, we'll be dry.

Inked5479566583_f449708293_b_LI.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter