DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I paid $27 for the pour of 20 year. I think they had 23 year at $50 a pour, and the 25 year was $200 a pour.
I'm on my way. I'll sleep in the spare room. Can we have BBQ buffet on Sunday?
Do want to tell Dan that I hope your FIL bounces back soon from the Chemo.
Cheers mate. He can't have it for a few weeks as he just had the major surgery.
That's not what Cruella said...she wanted it 101 times!
Doggy style.

Not for the 20 year? In Atlanta?
Well...
1) I rarely drink
2) I'd never heard of PVW before
3) I was talking about what Dan said it cost in GBP and what that was in USD
4) Because of 1 & 2, I had absolutely no idea what it cost in the ATL area
5) Looking at their website, it's $170 a bottle, so at $27 a pour, wherever you're paying that is making a killing

101 times? That's 2 years worth, isn't it? :furious: :scared1: :lmao: :sad2:
Or maybe like 101 years depending on who we're talking about.
:lmao:

Last edited:
Okay Disdads...a picture for you...
dw2.JPG

I hope y'all don't want to kick me out, but this was my first dole whip. I'm not sure why I'd never had them before...I absolutely LOVE pineapple juice. Aside from nice crisp granny smith (or other tart) apples, pineapple is my next favorite fruit. One of the meals we had last week had some of the best pineapple I've ever had.
I think it was either I didn't know they existed, I didn't know what they actually were, I didn't know where to find them (I DEFINITELY DO NOW!!!), I always opted for something else cool and refreshing (like a mickey bar or strawberry juice bar) or I didn't know they were a little slice of Heaven on earth.

Or....D - all of the above.

I had forgotten they had these in AK, but I saw someone walking by with one and I said to myself "self, I think I know what that is. You need to ask him where he got it". I then replied "what a fantastic idea, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that". I then replied "because I'm smarter than you and thought of it first". I then replied "self, I'm glad you're with me...you're such a big help". I had read in someone's TR or here where they were, but in the course of walking back and forth and to and fro, it had skipped my mind. When that flat stone goes across your brain bouncing multiple times, it doesn't feel good. Anyhoo, I found out where and skidattled my way there. For those of you who aren't from the south that's anywhere between a brisk walk and a full blown run. I was closer to the latter, but only because all the dog gone tourists wouldn't get out of my way.

I really like pineapple juice and orange juice mixed too, so I wonder if they might look kindly on me if I suggested they make a whip with both. I'm not sure if dole makes OJ, so they might have to call it something like Florida's own (my favorite OJ) dole whip. Whaddya think?

Well, if any of you care to hop over to my TR, you'll find out how quickly I tried to make up for lost time. :lmao:
I promise, this is not the last dole whip, only the first.

Last edited:
Wait....

Did you have Dole whip? Or a Dole whip float??? Huge difference.
You'll have to keep an eye on the TR (I know you already are)....you'll find out. THIS one was just a dole whip. We had finished lunch maybe 45 min earlier and NONE of us had room for more.

You'll have to keep an eye on the TR (I know you already are)....you'll find out. THIS one was just a dole whip. We had finished lunch maybe 45 min earlier and NONE of us had room for more.
Standing by.
I will either congratulate you on your fine choice... or yell at you for not choosing wisely.

Proud parent moment! Tonight was the basketball team awards banquet and DS was awarded Rookie of the Year for the varsity team. Couldn't be prouder of my boy!

Congrats to him! Quite the accomplishment!

You do realize I'm married and the yelling will be highly ineffective, right? :lmao:

But what about the public shaming?

Oh... Right... Nevermind.

Morning boys from a Wintry London. The kids are slightly depressed that school is closed. Which I suppose is a good thing. DS is probably a bit relieved that Parent's evening is cancelled though. He's a really smart boy, but he can be a bit lazy. Digging the sleds out of the attic.

Looking at their website, it's $170 a bottle
20 yr PVW goes for about $600 - $1900 a bottle (the cheapest and most expensive I have held a bottle in my hands and considered forking over cash). There's a whole resale industry behind it. Its a lovely drink, but the love it's given that drives up the prices is a bit over the top.
One of the meals we had last week had some of the best pineapple I've ever had.
I like the pineapple salsa they have in Ohana. That and the bread pudding is the best part of the meal.
but this was my first dole whip
Better late than never. I'm a bit of purist, as I take mine Original style (the only exception being when they add RUM), but all the family prefer the vanilla mixed in.
DS was awarded Rookie of the Year for the varsity team
That's fantastic mate, many congratulations to Declan! Enjoy that moment, that must feel incredible. I'm sure there will be more. If you're not on here tonight, have a great vacation.

Last edited:
Morning Guys.

Suppose to get a bit of snow here today but we are below the storm line so it shouldn't be much. Finishing up a few things at the office over the next two days, can't wait to hit the road on Saturday morning for leg one of the trip.

Declan says thanks to everyone for all the comments here and on Facebook. He was pretty happy to win and I think it may be the push to keep him going to get to the university level.

Have a good one all.

20 yr PVW goes for about $600 - $1900 a bottle (the cheapest and most expensive I have held a bottle in my hands and considered forking over cash). There's a whole resale industry behind it. Its a lovely drink, but the love it's given that drives up the prices is a bit over the top.
It may not be duty free, but when you're visiting here, you could buy a bottle and take back home, no? As I said, I don't drink often, so buying duty free alcohol has never been a priority for me, so I don't know all the rules, but I think if it's for personal use, it's okay.

I hope y'all don't want to kick me out, but this was my first dole whip.

Well, it sounds like you'll be making up for lost time.

Proud parent moment! Tonight was the basketball team awards banquet and DS was awarded Rookie of the Year for the varsity team. Couldn't be prouder of my boy!

That's awesome! A well-deserved proud dad moment.

You do realize I'm married and the yelling will be highly ineffective, right? :lmao:

But what about the public shaming?

Oh... Right... Nevermind.

This is...truth.

Another picture guys. As I'm wading through all the pictures (tedious doesn't even come close) for doing my TR, I am finding a few that will not give away details that will possibly be contest questions (yes there will be prizes) and happened along another that, well I COULD make this picture a contest question, but decided no since most folks already know I'm an early riser, a tea drinker and don't care for coffee...

My cup of tea (figuratively and literally):
cot.JPG

This was one of the mornings at BWV and I always get up early probably due to my time in the military. This morning I was enjoying a cup of tea on the patio with my feet up and the temperature at Disney in February in the mornings was absolutely glorious. Life just doesn't get much better than this gentlemen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter