DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

If the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? If it leaks to the VC, he could end up MIA and we'd all be put out on KP.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
You quote away mate, any Robin Williams piece is worthy.
I would think there has to be some provincial law left on the books that would allow Darcy, Jeff or pkondz to declare you an honorary Canadian.
Does that mean I have to watch Hockey? Yeesh.
I missed that earlier. Sorry to hear it, Dan. Prayers for your family.
Cheers. He's a great guy, and I'm lucky to have him as a FIL. He was on Nuclear Subs for 20 odd years, so that's possibly got something to do with it. Who knows.

Two firsts for me yesterday.

Played outdoor tennis in February.

Better yet, first shot of Pappy van Winkle 20 year. Best bourbon ever. I could have just drank it out of the bottle it was so smooth.

I would if you played in the diamond thong...

More would pay me not to wear it. :lmao:

Sorry about the weather, that sucks

Stay safe - supposed to get good rains next two days here with flash flood warnings but looks like your neck of the woods got hit worse during this stretch.

School closed again today. Other than downtown by the river, the city is clear. It's the county and county roads where the flooding is an issue.

Just got back from Ale and Compass tonight. Not a bad dinner option.

An excellent option. My favorite lounge in the Boardwalk area. Have they made it more of a restaurant area now? I was looking at the ADRs on MDE and I thought i saw it listed there. Or, maybe i didn't select the filter option.

Better yet, first shot of Pappy van Winkle 20 year. Best bourbon ever. I could have just drank it out of the bottle it was so smooth.
If that's at the same time, you are officially my hero.
Nice job on the Pappy pour. It's lovely. But the numbers they want for it are ridiculous. I really liked the 12, and its about a third of the price on the market.

Morning Guys.

Beautiful morning here and the vacation is getting closer.

Basketball banquet tonight and DS has started volleyball so we just go from one to the other. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope everyone has a great day.

I would think there has to be some provincial law left on the books that would allow Darcy, Jeff or pkondz to declare you an honorary Canadian.

Make-It-So.png

Does that mean I have to watch Hockey? Yeesh.

Cheers. He's a great guy, and I'm lucky to have him as a FIL. He was on Nuclear Subs for 20 odd years, so that's possibly got something to do with it. Who knows.

Here you go, this may help you make the adjustment. http://canadianimmigrant.ca/settlement/know-your-hockey-talk

On our last cruise, the guy in the cabin next to ours was a US nuclear sub captain. It was interesting to talk to him.

Ice tennis? ;)

Are you sharing the bourbon?

Morning, gents.

The kids school is the only one open in the district so I think some kind of Canadian flag above the school would be suitable....in a "snow? Meh." kind of way.

Only if you say "eh" a lot and apologize to people who bump into you.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

That's unfortunate.

Sorry, only the PM can do that and he's too busy flying off to India making a fool of himself.

That's not possible. Stop kidding around.

Here you go, this may help you make the adjustment. http://canadianimmigrant.ca/settlement/know-your-hockey-talk

Not bad! Even got "deke" in there.

An excellent option. My favorite lounge in the Boardwalk area. Have they made it more of a restaurant area now? I was looking at the ADRs on MDE and I thought i saw it listed there. Or, maybe i didn't select the filter option.

There's a lounge, and then there's the restaurant which is where the old Captain's Grille was.

Morning Guys.

Beautiful morning here and the vacation is getting closer.

Basketball banquet tonight and DS has started volleyball so we just go from one to the other. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope everyone has a great day.
That's cool in a way, but I'll be honest...I don't miss the waking up at 4:30 in the morning (even though I wake up early normally) to take DS to cross country practice.

I enjoy going to hockey games and asking when half time is.
:rotfl2:

Was this simultaneous? Did the bourbon improve your game?

Sadly, not at the same time. Although, it may improve my game, or at least with enough bourbon, I would think it had.

If that's at the same time, you are officially my hero.
Nice job on the Pappy pour. It's lovely. But the numbers they want for it are ridiculous. I really liked the 12, and its about a third of the price on the market.

It was pricey for just a shot. But, so well worth it. I'll try to get on a few of the lists to have a chance at a bottle in October. But, I'll drink it, not collect it.

Ice tennis? ;)

Are you sharing the bourbon?

It was 65 degrees at noon yesterday and sunny, wind at 10-12 mph.

I had one pour. I can share the bourbon now with you, but would guess the color and taste would be different. :scared1::lmao:

That's not possible. Stop kidding around.

Yeah. It was really 65 degrees at noon. Canadian penguins aren't everywhere.

There's a lounge, and then there's the restaurant which is where the old Captain's Grille was.

That explains it. I liked Captain's Grille as well. I ordered food at Ale & Compass in the past and figured they used kitchen from Captain's Grille.

Its about £80 per 1oz pour over here.Do you get a head start on the list if you are from Kentucky? Or is it a "who you know" thing?
Holy carp! That's over $100 US (unless the exchange rate has gone down)

Well at least it explained what "icing" was, I had no idea. I still don't know why it's bad.
It's what you put on top of cupcakes you eat while watching the guys in the stadium fighting right? :lmao:

I think those little beanies and twigs they throw at each other and hit each other with are funny too.

Last edited:
Yep. $110 a pour. You can imagine how many PVW bottles make it over to our side of the pond. About 6 bars in London carry it, and a couple of the Burger Lobster Restaurants.
It's what you put on top of cupcakes you eat while watching the guys in the stadium fighting right?
See, that's what I thought, but apparently not. Every day is a school day.

So the DLP announcement is awesome...but also not. DW and I had been discussing a trip to DLP in the next couple of years. Now it's being postponed until the new stuff arrives.

So the DLP announcement is awesome...but also not. DW and I had been discussing a trip to DLP in the next couple of years. Now it's being postponed until the new stuff arrives.
If I was only doing it once, I would definitely wait. I know, I know... that’s what she said.....

Hey guys. What a carp of a day. Ran around all day and barely got anything done. It started at the bank where I am trying to get a few shares of stock transferred and they have to call Atlanta, who says no, you need other paperwork... What a pain and it went downhill from there. Did eat out for breakfast so not a total loss.

For some reason I am unable to multi-quote so no pithy responses to your witticisms.

Do want to tell Dan that I hope your FIL bounces back soon from the Chemo.

And about the snow, did anyone see the Novice Priests out in front of St. Peter's having a snowball fight? Bet you Il Papa wished he could be out there with them.

Its about £80 per 1oz pour over here.Do you get a head start on the list if you are from Kentucky? Or is it a "who you know" thing?.

Can you translate that to American.

Not for the 20 year? In Atlanta?

Yep. $110 a pour. You can imagine how many PVW bottles make it over to our side of the pond. About 6 bars in London carry it, and a couple of the Burger Lobster Restaurants.

I paid $27 for the pour of 20 year. I think they had 23 year at $50 a pour, and the 25 year was $200 a pour.

That's not what Cruella said...she wanted it 101 times!

101 times? That's 2 years worth, isn't it? :furious: :scared1: :lmao: :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter