DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Dan, were you invited to the Queen's private birthday party?
I was mate but it was my mum's birthday so I had to blow her out again. You think Her Majesty would get the message by now, Did you not get one? She's your Queen as well.
So yes, two rooms 8 people. 4 kids, 4 adults. 7 women(and girls), and me
:wave:Mick. Good luck with that buddy.
In fact, I may go to the Keys for the day tomorrow
Well that sounds lovely, enjoy that.
Look at you guys...drinking wine and all.....aren't your refined!
What can I tell ya. I just ooze refinement.
:laughing: Nope, she’s off at work.
Worse, she doesn’t read this thread. So I won’t get point one for that.

Worse still…
I meant it.
Way to go, fella :thumbsup2
He is not buying it. Turns out Credit Union facilities departments don't do international business. Who knew.
He really needs to start thinking outside the box. Everyone needs facilities. And Credit. And Unions. That's a triple lock right there. Tell him if he joins us at the bar, pays, and sits at the other end, we'll explain it to him.
Landshark beer.
That's a lovely beer right there, our local carries it. That or Anchor steam is my go to.
He would like me to stay on longer
Sound like a good opportunity to make it work for you.
Why is that the box wine tastes so good.
Because its like Kool Aid with alcohol in it
I had pizza and beer tonight.
The dinner of champions. We went old school and had Fish n Chips. It was very good.
Someone else can have my wine. DW decided she wanted Mexican food for dinner and I don't feel like cooking so we are headed out with the kids. Beer while we wait and a Mexican martini once we have a table.
Hope you enjoyed it Cliff, sounds delicious.

Off to buy a marquee and some heaters for my mums party next week. A necessity for evening parties in the UK.
Have a great Saturday chaps, or if any of you are still up and in Friday mode, you've clearly had a good night and I salute you.

I was mate but it was my mum's birthday so I had to blow her out again. You think Her Majesty would get the message by now, Did you not get one? She's your Queen as well.

I did but I told her it wasn't worth the trip unless it was for a milestone birthday.

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! I'm all caught up on this weeks adventures, so...

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Randall!!! :wave:

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this morning, then family tennis hour, and then a buffet lunch at Chinese restaurant. It's been a good day off.

That's a lovely beer right there, our local carries it. That or Anchor steam is my go to.

Sound like a good opportunity to make it work for you.

The dinner of champions. We went old school and had Fish n Chips. It was very good.

Fish n Chips is good, pizza and beer is better. Landshark is even better on draft, but I can only get it at a Margaritaville restaurant. Maybe once I get a kegererator in the house, I can buy directly from Jimmy Buffett.

Page 1 Updated! :thumbsup2

...and to answer your question Norm, Randall is not able to get on the DIS as much as he would like. Say Norm, would you like a 3rd job? :disrocks:

We would be lost without your guidance Chief Bacon Officer.

Well, the Keys are a washout. Monsoon rains all day down there today and will be hitting both there and here tomorrow. We are under minor drought conditions now but predictions are that will be a thing of the past after tomorrow. Had lunch today at an old haunt today and enjoyed myself. Was going to BBQ some chicken tomorrow but that will probably be postponed to later next week.

Good Morning and Happy Saturday! I'm all caught up on this weeks adventures, so...

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Hey my fellow old man, hope things are well with you and the family.

Afternoon Gents.

Another sports weekend up here. DS and his JV volleyball team were competing in a 20 team varsity tournament and finished 7-3 in their pool. Unfortunately that was only good enough for 3rd place in their pool and needed to be top 2 to advance. All in all, pretty good for a JV team. Dropped him off for the 3rd tryout for the basketball provincial team after that. guessing it will be another early night for him.

Habs lost last night so I guess that means the hockey season is over; someone let me know when the new season starts.

Happy Sunday. Nice, sunny day here but cold again. Work done and then cut the grass. Kind of a boring day, but an enjoyable change of pace.

Well, the Keys are a washout. Monsoon rains all day down there today and will be hitting both there and here tomorrow. We are under minor drought conditions now but predictions are that will be a thing of the past after tomorrow. Had lunch today at an old haunt today and enjoyed myself. Was going to BBQ some chicken tomorrow but that will probably be postponed to later next week.

Can't go to the Keys - life of CJ. I think it was in the low 50s last night.

Afternoon Gents.

Another sports weekend up here. DS and his JV volleyball team were competing in a 20 team varsity tournament and finished 7-3 in their pool. Unfortunately that was only good enough for 3rd place in their pool and needed to be top 2 to advance. All in all, pretty good for a JV team. Dropped him off for the 3rd tryout for the basketball provincial team after that. guessing it will be another early night for him.
ts.

3rd place is still better than all the spots below, and it was JV.

‘Morning all…
It should be an uneventful week here, but I can live with that.
(May need to ignore the news for the duration, to ensure this, but still…)

Talked with the pastor and had a "come to Jesus" meeting. Not sure those phrases work in the same sentence, but I had to use them. :lmao:
Unquestionably appropriate.
I know that I’m the least perfect person I’ve ever encountered, but being a pastor doesn’t ensure perfection either. Communication is always a good thing.

He would like me to stay on longer. I said I would think it over and talk to him about it on Thursday. I said that some of the job duties would have to change. It feels good to be wanted. I guess we will see what the next few days bring.
I do hope y’all can find a good medium.
I still think this could be a good thing.

Congrats. 26 years is a long time. You have more than a few years on me. I'm thinking what to do on our 20th in a couple years.
Thanks, I’ve done good not to foul things up too badly thus far…
Let’s see if I can keep that streak going.

Our 20th and 25th both involved Disney (imagine that); one on land and one at sea.
The other thing both milestones had in common is that other events mucked up the timing so we had to do our celebrating several months after the fact, but it still counts.

Why is that the box wine tastes so good.
Because its like Kool Aid with alcohol in it
That pretty much answers it.

Ahhhh. The New Mexican Martini. Goes great with Fajita nachos.
Sounds like an interesting concoction.
Closer to what a margarita is supposed to be then the sweet, slushy stuff offered at most places.

Everyone needs facilities. And Credit. And Unions.
Uttering that third one there out loud will get you into all kinds of trouble in much of the US.
Now I agree with you, but I’m generally in trouble, so…

Well, the Keys are a washout. Monsoon rains all day down there today and will be hitting both there and here tomorrow.
We had that same nonsense here. Still do for that matter.
But you can just reschedule the trip for next weekend.

Something the rest of us still can’t say and mean it.

everything is swell here in Maryland. It's just my free computer time is very limited now with the new job
Good to hear from you Randall.

New job?
Have I missed something?

I mean something else…

That’s a busy young’en you got.
And from all accounts a hardworking and fairly successful one.

Take cover all; it's Monday!
Monday does have a right rather annoying habit of occurring.
And on entirely too reliable a bases.

A bit behind but think I got the gist of the past few days. Had a nice trip this weekend to the kids school to help them pack up, DD for good from school and to get the boy to understand what goes in storage unit and what comes home. Also did a punch of campus pics with DD and her roommate to celebrate the graduation accomplishment as we figured we would beat the crowds the actual weekend of graduation. Though is poured in our neck of the woods for the entire 3 day weekend still had a good time just hanging with the family as these will become more irregular with DD heading out to San Diego in less than 2 months. Man, She's all grown up!

'Morning all...
Took the Mrs. out last night for our anniversary.
Nice place, wonderful view overlooking the river, fine food, an excellent brew, but it was the company that made the evening
Sorry, a bit late and I'm just guessing that you ain't as bad as you make yourself out to be.

I'm with you today. I'm have some wine later and maybe a bourbon chaser.
Look at you guys...drinking wine and all.....aren't your refined!
Yea, what's with this? I'm away for one weekend / Friday bar call and this is what I get to come back to?
When I do get back to the house I’ll probably bust into my stash of porters.
Starting off most likely with one from Holy City Brewery.
Fish n Chips is good, pizza and beer is better. Landshark is even better on draft, but I can only get it at a Margaritaville restaurant. Maybe once I get a kegererator in the house, I can buy directly from Jimmy Buffett.
Thanks for restoring my faith in the DisDads guys ..........

Good to hear from ya CBO. Need to stop by more often to keep this place in order.
Afternoon Gents.

Habs lost last night so I guess that means the hockey season is over; someone let me know when the new season starts.
Congrats to Declan and the team, strong showing. Regarding the new hockey season, it will start when the Blackhawks get a heart transplant - still unhappy about them getting swept as a #1 seed.
Happy Sunday. Nice, sunny day here but cold again. Work done and then cut the grass. Kind of a boring day, but an enjoyable change of pace.
Spinds like you had a real good weekend there - good luck with the Church job thing this week.

Took the Mrs. out last night for our anniversary.
Nice place, wonderful view overlooking the river, fine food, an excellent brew, but it was the company that made the evening.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Worse, it's the Monday after a vacation for me.

I know that I’m the least perfect person I’ve ever encountered, but being a pastor doesn’t ensure perfection either. Communication is always a good thing.

What's the saying? Standing in a garage doesn't make you a car any more than going to church makes you a Christian?

A bit behind but think I got the gist of the past few days. Had a nice trip this weekend to the kids school to help them pack up, DD for good from school and to get the boy to understand what goes in storage unit and what comes home. Also did a punch of campus pics with DD and her roommate to celebrate the graduation accomplishment as we figured we would beat the crowds the actual weekend of graduation. Though is poured in our neck of the woods for the entire 3 day weekend still had a good time just hanging with the family as these will become more irregular with DD heading out to San Diego in less than 2 months. Man, She's all grown up!

Congrats to your DD! Great accomplishment.

Happy Monday. Yet another drive to campus. Good thing the Camry gets over 450 miles per a tank of gas.

It's Monday. You mean it happens after Sunday? Balderdash. :lmao:

I do hope y’all can find a good medium.
I still think this could be a good thing.

Sounds like you had a real good weekend there - good luck with the Church job thing this week.

Yeah, I hope we can work it out. We'll meet on Thursday, but I think he understood what I was getting at. We shall see. Thanks for the support.

‘Morning all…
It should be an uneventful week here, but I can live with that.
(May need to ignore the news for the duration, to ensure this, but still…)

Always a good idea to ignore the news. Let me summarize - One political party is ruining your life and the other is saving it, even though nothing actually really changed. Now, back to the usual week.

Our 20th and 25th both involved Disney (imagine that); one on land and one at sea.
The other thing both milestones had in common is that other events mucked up the timing so we had to do our celebrating several months after the fact, but it still counts.

That sounds terrific. Did you do those with just the Mrs? Or, did you drag along the offspring as well? :lmao: I want to do Victoria & Albert's dinner, but I know my children won't eat the food, and I don't want to drop the coin. Also, Disney cruises are expensive, especially X4 vs. X2. :scared1:

Yes, she is all grown up. Congrats to her.

Yea, what's with this? I'm away for one weekend / Friday bar call and this is what I get to come back to?

Thanks for restoring my faith in the DisDads guys ..........

You're welcome. Beer and bourbon all around. Dan's buying!

Evening boys from, apparently, a girly wine drinking London. I'll try and beef up this post with manly hairy a$$ed guy stuff.

I did but I told her it wasn't worth the trip unless it was for a milestone birthday.
As we say round my way, I make you right mate. She gets proper flirty after a few bevs as well. And who wants to get down with a corgi watching all your moves?
DS and his JV volleyball team were competing in a 20 team varsity tournament and finished 7-3 in their pool.
Nice one Declan, that's pretty good going.
Nice one Rob, you old smoothy, you.
Uttering that third one there out loud will get you into all kinds of trouble in much of the US.
Now I agree with you, but I’m generally in trouble, so…
Good note. No talking about Unions. I'll join you on the naughty step.
:sad2:
The worst day in the calendar.
Though is poured in our neck of the woods for the entire 3 day weekend still had a good time just hanging with the family as these will become more irregular with DD heading out to San Diego in less than 2 months. Man, She's all grown up!
Congrats to DD and you and Mrs. budmacdvcr, buddy. Looks like you did a great job there.
Dan's buying!
Eh?

One down… one to go…
And letting them go just don’t get any easier.
Congrats to your girl on all those imminent milestones

Given the distance to campus, we already hear from the young’en only rarely.
The consolation is in knowing that if we did our job right, they’ll be just fine without us.

What a rotten reward for a job well done. :rotfl2:

Sorry, a bit late and I'm just guessing that you ain't as bad as you make yourself out to be.
Congrats on your anniversary!
Thanks guys
I’m a very lucky fell’a
(although I probably am as bad as I lead on.. she just don’t seem to care)

Those Mondays are close akin to waking up face down in a cesspool.
<<shudder>>

What's the saying? Standing in a garage doesn't make you a car any more than going to church makes you a Christian?
Yep.
I have two maximums on that topic…

Churching is what goes on beyond the walls

And…

Churching looks more like something then sounds like something.

Good thing the Camry gets over 450 miles per a tank of gas.
Still a pain that you have to empty that tank quite so often.

That sounds terrific. Did you do those with just the Mrs? Or, did you drag along the offspring as well? :lmao: I want to do Victoria & Albert's dinner, but I know my children won't eat the food, and I don't want to drop the coin. Also, Disney cruises are expensive, especially X4 vs. X2. :scared1:
The 25th one was just me and my better.
That was about the most relaxed stay at Da’ World I’ve ever had.

DCL is mighty pricy (truly excellent, but lord - the cost). We may not be able to do that again for quite some time. I might consider one of the shorter outings unless there’s some type of incentive being tossed into the mix, but generally I suspect that we’ll be sailing on other lines for any of our cursing expeditions in the foreseeable future.

Nice one Rob, you old smoothy, you.
I know where my best interests lie…

I'll join you on the naughty step.
I spend much time on the naughty step.
Company would be appreciated.

Beer and bourbon all around. Dan's buying!
Come on, I believe you actually would…
So long as we were sitting in the same pub at the time.

Which ain’t likely happening anytime in the near (so not to worry)

Course I would. My shout. They may as well leave the bottle. As we are on the naughty step.

Last edited:
Ugh, thise are the very worst! Feel for ya.

Congrats to your DD! Great accomplishment.
Yes, she is all grown up. Congrats to her.
Congrats to DD and you and Mrs. budmacdvcr, buddy. Looks like you did a great job there.
One down… one to go…
And letting them go just don’t get any easier.
Congrats to your girl on all those imminent milestones

What a rotten reward for a job well done. :rotfl2:
Thanks you gents. We are proud of her as I know all here are of their kids. Well said Rob.
Happy Monday. Yet another drive to campus. Good thing the Camry gets over 450 miles per a tank of gas.
It's Monday. You mean it happens after Sunday? Balderdash. :lmao:

Beer and bourbon all around. Dan's buying!
Not sure I could the driving you do on a regular basis. I'm with ya on the beer and bourbon :thumbsup2
Evening boys from, apparently, a girly wine drinking London. I'll try and beef up this post with manly hairy a$$ed guy stuff.
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:
Given the distance to campus, we already hear from the young’en only rarely.
The consolation is in knowing that if we did our job right, they’ll be just fine without us.
And sounds like you and the better half did a fine job there.
DCL is mighty pricy (truly excellent, but lord - the cost). We may not be able to do that again for quite some time. I might consider one of the shorter outings unless there’s some type of incentive being tossed into the mix, but generally I suspect that we’ll be sailing on other lines for any of our cursing expeditions in the foreseeable future.
I hear you. We are going this June but the way prices just keep going through the roof sailings are gonna drop off for us as well.

Don't give up hope. We can all hope for meeting for us all at some point - if only the DisDads Convention would move from the early part of January....................... And if not, maybe some of here will get lucky and schedule trips at the same time at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter