DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Can you explain that further? Perhaps with accompanying photos.
Extension Cord Ends Male and Female Replacement Plug & Connector Set, 125V  15A Male And Female Electrical Plugs End, Straight Blade Plug, Industrial  Grade 3-Prong Straight Blade Grounding Type : Amazon.ca: Tools

Morning, Fellas!

Had a busy week. Got to train a new girl on Thursday. She's cute, though I thought she had a serious booger hanging in her nose that needed to be, extracted. :crazy2: Turns out it was a nose ring that she shoved up in her nose to be compliant with work rules. It was very difficult to continue to make eye contact. :laughing:

And I just checked my countdown timer, I'm now down to 99 days until my solo trip to Disney World! So looking forward to it. Being busy has helped to keep my mind off of the trip.

Well, that's it. Have a good day, guys.

Nope, his date is correct.

Well, phooey!

Oh and good luck out there today Guys (or this morning or tonight - whenever it may happen for you

So far so good here.

Sure is. This will be our third that goes to college. Somehow we put ourselves in position to be paying at least two college tuition bills each year for a 6-year stretch.

3rd? I only have 1 to get through college. So I take it that an extra Disney trip might not be in the books?

You're welcome.

Morning, Fellas!

Had a busy week. Got to train a new girl on Thursday. She's cute, though I thought she had a serious booger hanging in her nose that needed to be, extracted. :crazy2: Turns out it was a nose ring that she shoved up in her nose to be compliant with work rules. It was very difficult to continue to make eye contact. :laughing:

And I just checked my countdown timer, I'm now down to 99 days until my solo trip to Disney World! So looking forward to it. Being busy has helped to keep my mind off of the trip.

Well, that's it. Have a good day, guys.

Well, phooey!

So far so good here.

3rd? I only have 1 to get through college. So I take it that an extra Disney trip might not be in the books?

You're welcome.
Lol, I love the nose ring hiders! I always look at them while brushing the back of my finger on the bottom of my nose and telling them they got something hanging. After their face has done turning a deeper shade of red, I tell them that has to come out.
I had one who has a tattoo on her forearm that is, well to say the least not rated G, or even R for that matter. She either wears long sleeves or has to wear a sleeve. She came in one day with a sleeve that was transparent. Lol. The idea of the sleeve is to cover the tattoo not keep you right arm warm. Lol
She can’t figure out why she has to cover it up, other people have tattoos. Yes, but other people don’t have a males body part, with its two friends tattooed on their forearm. She made it two weeks. Im telling ya, you just can’t make this crap up. Lol

Contrary to all belief, the waiting for and traveling on this Disney buses provide the best value for your dollar. The waits are horribly long, and there’s nothing good that comes from them, so your existence on them just gets longer. So on a per minute-feeling basis, the buses provide the best value of anything within WDW.

If you want your WDW to feel really long, just ride the buses. If you want to enjoy it, don’t.
We just got back from a week stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Sept 30-0ct 5 and thought the buses were great!! Took them to Animal Kingdom Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Only long wait was after Halloween Party about 20 minutes as we had just missed it.

Got to train a new girl on Thursday. She's cute, though I thought she had a serious booger hanging in her nose that needed to be, extracted. :crazy2: Turns out it was a nose ring that she shoved up in her nose to be compliant with work rules. It was very difficult to continue to make eye contact. :laughing:
👁️ 👁️
I'm now down to 99 days until my solo trip to Disney World!
Double digits!
Lol, I love the nose ring hiders! I always look at them while brushing the back of my finger on the bottom of my nose and telling them they got something hanging. After their face has done turning a deeper shade of red, I tell them that has to come out.
:laughing:
I wonder how much fun it is to take those things out... or put them back in?
That's not a trend that I find particularly attractive. But who cares what an old dude thinks?
She came in one day with a sleeve that was transparent. Lol. The idea of the sleeve is to cover the tattoo not keep you right arm warm. Lol
Oy.
Sounds like ya got a real winner there.
Yes, but other people don’t have a males body part, with its two friends tattooed on their forearm.
A heart and two lungs? Right?
We just got back from a week stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Sept 30-0ct 5 and thought the buses were great!! Took them to Animal Kingdom Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Only long wait was after Halloween Party about 20 minutes as we had just missed it.
Glad you had good luck with the busses. Even 20 minutes isn't too bad. Did you dress up for the party?

It’s been a while. Been quite busy. Definitely missed you guys.

An update on A, from Davy’s soccer team. Last we heard, she’s had another stroke while at Lurie, and subsequently, she had brain surgery to relieve pressure. Prayers and positive thoughts are always appreciated. No word on her prognosis, so hopefully it’s still very positive. The community is definitely spreading from soccer to school and beyond. Always neat to see that, but wish it was for a better reason. Hope you are all well, grateful for you, and hope your families are well and healthy.

One Disney-related note: my wife decided to do Haunted Mansion decor this Halloween. It’s the first time I’m actually excited for this holiday. Normally, I wait for it to be over and then I’m happy.

Take care. You’re the best!

I only jest about the busses. When we stayed at Kidani in August, our busses were great. They were particularly good when compared to the Polynesian busses, which were relatively poor. Not due to the busses themselves or the drivers. We just happened to be the second family to arrive at the loading area for Hollywood Studios. We, along with the first family to arrive for that bus, were last ones on the bus. We boarded ahead of them only after the bus driver ensured there was room for them too. I think we thought everyone would go in order, but we all got on eventually, so it worked out. Glad things are still running well!

An update on A, from Davy’s soccer team. Last we heard, she’s had another stroke while at Lurie, and subsequently, she had brain surgery to relieve pressure. Prayers and positive thoughts are always appreciated. No word on her prognosis, so hopefully it’s still very positive. The community is definitely spreading from soccer to school and beyond. Always neat to see that, but wish it was for a better reason. Hope you are all well, grateful for you, and hope your families are well and healthy.
praying

I only jest about the busses. When we stayed at Kidani in August, our busses were great. They were particularly good when compared to the Polynesian busses, which were relatively poor. Not due to the busses themselves or the drivers. We just happened to be the second family to arrive at the loading area for Hollywood Studios. We, along with the first family to arrive for that bus, were last ones on the bus. We boarded ahead of them only after the bus driver ensured there was room for them too. I think we thought everyone would go in order, but we all got on eventually, so it worked out. Glad things are still running well!
Over the years, they got the bus system pretty well straightened out. It’s a business so you can’t have empty buses driving around when they don’t need them but they have drivers ready to go at any time.
Im sure with gps, magic bands etc. it makes things a lot easier.
I don’t ride the buses to often but every time I get on I smile and say hello and every time I get off the bus I say thank you.
Being a bus driver is one of the hardest jobs on property, a lot of training and no room for error.

:laughing:
I wonder how much fun it is to take those things out... or put them back in?
That's not a trend that I find particularly attractive. But who cares what an old dude thinks?
Me neither, but like you, I understand that no one is under any obligation to care what I think. It always makes me think they have a booger as well.

Sorry to hear there was a setback. Hope she can pull through.

Me neither, but like you, I understand that no one is under any obligation to care what I think. It always makes me think they have a booger as well.

Sorry to hear there was a setback. Hope she can pull through.
We just got sent a GoFundMe page for A today with more information. There seems to have been a time where it was very uncertain, but she came through it and things are looking more positive. Still in the ICU with a long road ahead of her, but she’s a fighter and being so young is a real strength.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter