DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Do what I did, quit your job, sell it all and move south. Lol
Follow your dreams man, follow your dreams.
Got it I will run that by my wife tonight and let you know how it goes.

And completely unrelated news I may need to borrow someone's couch for a few days.

I got some good news this morning at work. I had applied for a coordinator position at work a few weeks ago. I had my interview last Tuesday, well, two Tuesdays ago…………….. I got the job!!

Congrats

So you're not going to oversee the free Disney World tickets for friends, family, and fellow Disdads?
Like making sure there is a convenient gap in staffing at the front gate when one of us happens to slip in

Getting back into the swing of work was a bit tough, but I managed it.
Isn't that always the way?
I was also contacted this week about a singing gig. The director for a local theater company, where I performed The Sound of Music, wants to hire me to be a pit singer for his production of Hello Dolly, and it pays pretty good, so I accepted and spent some time this week looking at that music.
Great news. :)
I think most of you, who where on the boards when I mentioned this, would remember my DW being reluctant on taking a vacation to Disney World
::yes::
So this sparked something in her and I like it
Glad she's come around. :)
Plan your next trip in February or November.
Any particular reason why? Cost? Weather? Both? Something else?
I got some good news this morning at work. I had applied for a coordinator position at work a few weeks ago. I had my interview last Tuesday, well, two Tuesdays ago…………….. I got the job!!
More great news! Congrats. :)
And completely unrelated news I may need to borrow someone's couch for a few days.
Ruh roh.

Congrats

Like making sure there is a convenient gap in staffing at the front gate when one of us happens to slip in
Maybe he can tell the CMs about a secret code we could have to let us in… something like @dvczerfs says to hook us up. And then they let us all in for free? I’m open to more ideas, especially from @dvczerfs.

Congrats

Lol. So how did you make out with telling your wife your idea?
I was all prepared to sell my wife with the house if she didn’t want to go. Lol

Happy Saturday, I guess. My first day off of eleven coming up. I worked three in a row, I need to recover. Lol.
Flying back to Pa. next week, the 6th and staying for a few nights. Haven’t been back for almost two years already, looking forward to that. A family get together, my brother and sister in laws 50th anniversary and stopping to see some friends I didn’t see before we moved. I just ran out of time, after we decided to do this I rewired the house, patched holes in the walls from that project and repainted the entire interior all while cleaning out 30 years of accumulated “stuff” that my wife and daughter needed and was going to use. Lol
Well, that was a lot of writing, time for a nap. Lol

Happy end of June!

So I just spent about 36 hours in Disney World celebrating my 25th anniversary with my wife. It was a surprise for her and turned out to be a big hit. Didn't go in the theme parks at all as I was trying to conserve a bit of money. We used up some flight credit and Disney Visa points to make it happen. Spent a night at AKL, had some excellent meals at Steakhouse 71 and Grand Floridian Cafe, and finally got to peek inside the Hangar Bar. I apologize if I didn't say hi to anyone in the area but we wanted to make this a "just us" celebration.

Also, never fly Frontier Airlines. I didn't get home until 4:30 a.m today. Am running on 2 hours' sleep and a very large coffee. I imagine this is generally what @pkondz feels like every day.

Happy end of June!

So I just spent about 36 hours in Disney World celebrating my 25th anniversary with my wife. It was a surprise for her and turned out to be a big hit. Didn't go in the theme parks at all as I was trying to conserve a bit of money. We used up some flight credit and Disney Visa points to make it happen. Spent a night at AKL, had some excellent meals at Steakhouse 71 and Grand Floridian Cafe, and finally got to peek inside the Hangar Bar. I apologize if I didn't say hi to anyone in the area but we wanted to make this a "just us" celebration.

Also, never fly Frontier Airlines. I didn't get home until 4:30 a.m today. Am running on 2 hours' sleep and a very large coffee. I imagine this is generally what @pkondz feels like every day.
What possessed you to come to Florida in the end of June, 109 degree heat for 36 hours and walk around the Springs in the pouring rain? Lol
No offense taken, if I happen to see you walking around, I’ll walk right past you. Lol. I do it to Matt and Barry all the time. Lol. I avoid most people I know anyway. Lol.
Hope you guys had a good time.
How was the Grand Cafe? Only had breakfast there. We’ve been talking about it but just never made it over there. Probably wait for the Grands refurb to be done now. DW started a new job, same company, higher up on the ladder, more money, a lot more work with less free time. Lol I tried to retire again and that didn’t work out to well for me. Lol
Do you remember who your server was at 71?

Happy Saturday, I guess. My first day off of eleven coming up.
Hey! Me too! 11 days off starting Wednesday.

Wait. No. Not 11... 1. 1 day off. It's Wednesday.
I worked three in a row, I need to recover. Lol.
:sad2:
Flying back to Pa. next week, the 6th and staying for a few nights. Haven’t been back for almost two years already, looking forward to that. A family get together, my brother and sister in laws 50th anniversary and stopping to see some friends I didn’t see before we moved.
Nice. Have a great time. :)
She was not near as excited as I was. So I told here I am turnign in my 2 weeks notice and gonna start looking for a house in Orlando.
Long story short, we are not moving... And Im back at work today..
:laughing:
Glad you (both) had a great time, Mark. :)
Nah. Do that... oh... every other day for 30 years. Then you'll know.

Also... no coffee.

Morning All.

Headed into a long weekend. Wonder if I can leave early today.

Happy end of June!

Happy anniversary!!

No offense taken, if I happen to see you walking around, I’ll walk right past you. Lol. I do it to Matt and Barry all the time. Lol. I avoid most people I know anyway. Lol.
Hope you guys had a good time.

Guess I should feel honoured that you pulled into a random gas station and freaked me out wondering who is this guy. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter