DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I told you... second Monday.
Sheesh. Doesn't anybody keep track of the wildly skewed days of the week anymore?
I listen to the Disney Dish podcast with Len Testa. Ever since the Covid lockdown he just calls every day Shmursday. He may be on to something.

I hate tornado season. Nothing like sitting up awake after midnight watching the news and checking radar. Sounds like one just went a few miles north west of us. Hopefully the line will pass so I can sleep in a half hour or so.

I listen to the Disney Dish podcast with Len Testa. Ever since the Covid lockdown he just calls every day Shmursday. He may be on to something.

I hate tornado season. Nothing like sitting up awake after midnight watching the news and checking radar. Sounds like one just went a few miles north west of us. Hopefully the line will pass so I can sleep in a half hour or so.
Stay safe man. I stayed in OKC once and I never got to hear the sirens but the towns all around were getting hit. That’s a crazy piece of weather.

Stay safe man. I stayed in OKC once and I never got to hear the sirens but the towns all around were getting hit. That’s a crazy piece of weather.
I can deal with weather but we’ve had a lot of straight line winds the past 9 months or so. Seems all I do is clean up limbs and then another storm rolls through and I do it again. I lost a few tabs on shingles that I need to repair and lost a downspout in the gutter. Wind was 50 mph gusts today so I’ll take care of it sometime when it’s safer. It’s getting annoying. I had 4 trees go down last July from straight line wins when there was a tornado about 5 miles away. I’m a typical midwesterner when I hear the siren. I pull up the radar on my phone and stand outside watching for funnel clouds.

But… when the sirens start going off at 11 pm. And it is dark. That sucks. I can’t see the storm line rolling in and that scares me.

We made it through ok. There was a confirmed tornado a few miles away from us. Destroyed several houses, flipped semis on the interstate and there’s a brand new logistics park along I65 that they just opened last month and it took out one of the warehouses there and strung all the debris on I65.

Wind was 50 mph gusts today so I’ll take care of it sometime when it’s safer. It’s getting annoying.
"annoying"
I think you and I have different definitions of what "annoying" is. :scared:
But… when the sirens start going off at 11 pm. And it is dark. That sucks. I can’t see the storm line rolling in and that scares me.
Yikes.

All of a sudden, I'm not so worried about snow....

Well guys welcome to Sunday finally! I have a 4 day work week this week followed by a 15 hour drive to Iowa 😂

What’s on the docket the week before Easter for everyone else.
I worked last night, tonight and Tuesday night, about 18-20 hours in total. Then I’m off till Monday. Week, after week, after week. Well, I’m off for a nap……stressful, very stressful.

I can deal with weather but we’ve had a lot of straight line winds the past 9 months or so. Seems all I do is clean up limbs and then another storm rolls through and I do it again. I lost a few tabs on shingles that I need to repair and lost a downspout in the gutter. Wind was 50 mph gusts today so I’ll take care of it sometime when it’s safer. It’s getting annoying. I had 4 trees go down last July from straight line wins when there was a tornado about 5 miles away. I’m a typical midwesterner when I hear the siren. I pull up the radar on my phone and stand outside watching for funnel clouds.

We made it through ok. There was a confirmed tornado a few miles away from us. Destroyed several houses, flipped semis on the interstate and there’s a brand new logistics park along I65 that they just opened last month and it took out one of the warehouses there and strung all the debris on I65.
Glad you made it ok. We had a couple tornadoes here too. One hit a maintenance yard of ours in another county.

I have more work.

But at least it's going to be punctuated with a lack of sleep. So there's that.
Dude. Can I send up some amphetamines?

Saw most of the Indy race... caught some of the social media noise about the F1 race but haven't seen it.
Indy race was good. F1 race was pretty good too for a change.
I worked last night, tonight and Tuesday night, about 18-20 hours in total. Then I’m off till Monday. Week, after week, after week. Well, I’m off for a nap……stressful, very stressful.
Wait. I don’t understand.
It almost sounds like you have days where you don’t work in between your workdays?
Dude. Can I send up some amphetamines?
I think our drugs are cheaper up here.

Should look into that.

Indy race was good. F1 race was pretty good too for a change.
Indy race really was good. Shame it ended under yellow.

I need to watch the F1 race. Haven’t had time. I’ve read some comments from NASCAR people comparing it to the Cup race at COTA last week which ended with a lot of aggressive driving and guys running over each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter