DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Wow...this is the first time on a real keyboard for a while. All those times I would've liked to multi-quote and couldn't on a phone screen. Now that I can, hardly any chatter to quote. Thanks Murphy! Get off my lawn!

TGIF. We've survived another week. Of course those of you returning from Orlando this week didn't have a hard time surviving.

Great to meet you guys at DDCC#7, It was a blast! Hope to return in the future!
It looked like you guys had a great time. I would love to make it to a DDCC some day. I don't know if DW and the kids would ever let me go there alone. And I'm not sure DDCC would work as a side show to a family trip. Maybe. Not sure.

It's Friday. I took today off for a four day weekend from both jobs. However, we are now forecasted for a flash freeze, so I'll just be home. At least I won't be at work.

Afternoon chaps from a blustery and chilly London. Had a really strange meeting today with a start up. Much to think about.

Working or investing? I've wondered how to get into cannabis investing (Denver or Canada) but couldn't figure it with the laws here still.

Top O the Mornin Dads and a happy Friday Eve! Part of new / additional responsibilities is warehouse distribution for multiple sites with one being 1.5 hour drive so today got 3 hours in the car - getting like Norm. Wintry forecast for neck of the woods looks more like tons of rain then to snow and ice. Why did I leave Florida again?

Complaining about driving and not being in Florida? Sorry that you're following after me. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. It's a scary place in my world.

I've been asking myself that question too..

Why did he leave FL?
;)

Don't poke the bear. When you live in nice weather, then you don't get to make fun of others who don't.

I had to do it by hand and beat it with a metal shovel.

(You're welcome for that lead in....)

Wow! You had to use a shovel? It may be time to be a movie star - although I hear the pay is better for women.

Morning Guys,

Another flipping freezing morning up here, temperature was -24 when I left for the office this morning, that's getting close to the point where Fahrenheit and Celsius meet. The forecast says some snow later today but it typically doesn't snow when it's this cold so we'll see.

Still playing a bit of catch up in the office, yesterday was email today is everything else. Hope you all have a good one.

Great meeting you Todd, it was a great time.

I would love to make it to a DDCC some day. I don't know if DW and the kids would ever let me go there alone.
I'd love to go to one, also, but DW has told me in no uncertain terms that I'm not going without her and DS.... and DS is usually starting back at school on DDCC weeks. :(

PS {edit}... Hmmm... gotta get rid of that ticker, it's about 2 years old

Last edited:
Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much goin on here. Gonna go out for some sushi with the Mrs tonight and then basically have a hibernating weekend with the monsoon / possible freeze forecasted for the weekend as calling for 2" of rain tomorrow - wth? And then Sunday is a no brainer as it is one of the best football days of the year. Have a good weekend gents and enjoy those families.
(You're welcome for that lead in....)
Nah, just way too easy ...............
Great to meet you as well and I'm with you on returning to DDCC's and hoping to make this an annual trip. Good luck to your Saints on this.
It looked like you guys had a great time. I would love to make it to a DDCC some day. I don't know if DW and the kids would ever let me go there alone. And I'm not sure DDCC would work as a side show to a family trip. Maybe. Not sure.
Not sure how to do a family and DDCC combo but several have done it in the past. The ones that were with family this trip we only saw sporadically so not sure how that would work. Not being a DDCC expert by any means, but the fun and special time for me was hanging out with a bunch of guys that were just a bunch of big kids having a blast at DaWorld. But then again, everyone is different and for example Randall and Jodi had a blast and I loved hanging with them.
Complaining about driving and not being in Florida? Sorry that you're following after me. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. It's a scary place in my world.
Yes....... yes it is :thumbsup2

I'd love to go to one, also, but DW has told me in no uncertain terms that I'm not going without her and DS.... and DS is usually starting back at school on DDCC weeks. :(

PS {edit}... Hmmm... gotta get rid of that ticker, it's about 2 years old

I'm with you. It's a ddcc12 for me, unless I hit the lotto. I think DW would let me go to WDW without her, but I don't plan to ask. That's quite a bit of money for a solo trip just for me.

As for the ticker, I can't see any signatures on my cell phone. Not sure if others can or if it's just my cheap phone.

TGIF. We've survived another week. Of course those of you returning from Orlando this week didn't have a hard time surviving.

I think the guys returning from Orlando may have had more difficulty surviving (especially Darcy).

You could do it as a family trip and then join in as you'd like.
Randall and Jodie did quite a bit on their own, but met up with the group sometimes.
Another family did mostly their own thing and met up a few times as well.
For me, I was only abke to join in the afternoon/early evening since I was working and having to get home to sleep so I could work the next day.
It was said many times...it's your vacation and you can do as you see fit.

So...all that to say...you don't have to be solo and you don't have to forego a family vacation to be part of DDCC...how much of a part is completely to to you.

Don't poke the bear. When you live in nice weather, then you don't get to make fun of others who don't.
I was just joking in general not making fun of him or others.

I know compared to bad weather, it's not nearly as bad, but it sucked for me watching everyone leave also. Really enjoyed the company and comraderie.

Looks like all is well in here. Anybody going to call it? I can't get out but I may get to spike the coffee at least.

I had some good news/bad news/good news today. I was on tap to drive 10 hours round trip to Norm's neck of the woods and don't have to go. Not sure if that is the good news or the bad news! A big meeting for some of my clients and they wanted me for a one hour presentation and got the OK from the host to just call in and present via conference call. The reason I get to call in though is because I'm having hip issues. Can't sit for more than about 45 minutes without the leg starting to go numb and it just isn't worth that much time in the truck for a one hour meeting. So now I get to wait for insurance to approve an MRI. 2019 is off to an interesting start.

As much as I love my family and going to the Parks with them, I wouldn't want to do DDCC with them.

Not sure when or if the family will get to the World again so solo might be a good option.

DS is planning on joining the Air Force in June of 2020. We might squeeze a trip in between his graduation and his leaving but it would be tough. Late May of 2020 will be 25 years for SWMBO and I though. Wait until he is off to basic, let DD stay home with the cat, and SWMBO and I go? Something more interesting to ponder than my Powerpoint I should be working on.

As for the ticker, I can't see any signatures on my cell phone. Not sure if others can or if it's just my cheap phone.
I can't see the tickers or signatures on my phone either. I have an iPhone 5S from work. I don't know if that is old or new, good or bad. But I have a feeling the tickers don't show up at all on phones.

Ok boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Jock Lindsays for the Aviators Flights has to take Rapunzel home. And, let me remind ya. Head down. Arms in. Knees apart.
I'm glad to see all those Princess movies you watched recently were worthwhile :laughing:

The reason I get to call in though is because I'm having hip issues. Can't sit for more than about 45 minutes without the leg starting to go numb and it just isn't worth that much time in the truck for a one hour meeting. So now I get to wait for insurance to approve an MRI.

sorry to hear that

DS is planning on joining the Air Force in June of 2020

Oh? in what capacity? or is that a. not his choice. and/or b. decided later?

Ok boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in Jock Lindsays for the Aviators Flights has to take Rapunzel home. And, let me remind ya. Head down. Arms in. Knees apart.

Have a great weekend chaps.

:laughing:
not bad

I'm glad to see all those Princess movies you watched recently were worthwhile :laughing:

::yes::

So...all that to say...you don't have to be solo and you don't have to forego a family vacation to be part of DDCC...how much of a part is completely to to you.

As much as I love my family and going to the Parks with them, I wouldn't want to do DDCC with them.

Combining Doc & Darcy's posts, I think a solo trip would be fun. I can't justify the expense of a trip without my family though. I also think ddcc with my DW would be fun. She may or may not want to hang with a bunch of idiots all the time though which is fine as well. But, if DW and I went, then we would leave two teenage girls home by themselves for that many days. I trust them, but not that much. So, I'd have to take them out of school, which is basketball and swim sport seasons on top of fighting the school system funded by attendance. So, with all those factors, I'll have to wait until they are out of school, which is 4 more years.

I had some good news/bad news/good news today. I was on tap to drive 10 hours round trip to Norm's neck of the woods and don't have to go. Not sure if that is the good news or the bad news! A big meeting for some of my clients and they wanted me for a one hour presentation and got the OK from the host to just call in and present via conference call. The reason I get to call in though is because I'm having hip issues. Can't sit for more than about 45 minutes without the leg starting to go numb and it just isn't worth that much time in the truck for a one hour meeting. So now I get to wait for insurance to approve an MRI. 2019 is off to an interesting start.

Sorry to hear you don't get to see me. I know that's the most disappointing thing so far this year. :lmao:

Good luck on the hip & the MRI.

DS is planning on joining the Air Force in June of 2020. We might squeeze a trip in between his graduation and his leaving but it would be tough. Late May of 2020 will be 25 years for SWMBO and I though. Wait until he is off to basic, let DD stay home with the cat, and SWMBO and I go? Something more interesting to ponder than my Powerpoint I should be working on.

Congrats to DS on making a smart decision. It's not looking good here. Oldest dd wants an art degree. I've recommended the Navy with her swimming ability or a trade school in welding or anything to have enough money to pay for an art degree. I'm sure she and DW have plans to spend lots of money for her to get an art degree to work at Starbucks.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Rapunzel was 17 for most of that movie, which I think may still be the legal age in KY. Or, it was at one time. Maybe they finally got smart enough to raise it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!
I'd rather not be part of this club. CT scan showed a benign tumor in the head of the femur but that isn't what is causing the issue. The PA thought I tore the lining between the head of the femur and the hip socket.

...Oh? in what capacity? or is that a. not his choice. and/or b. decided later?

He's been waiting a month for the recruiter to contact him. Took the ASVAB and did well, and has good grades and wants to do deferred enlistment. Only 17 and finishing up his JR year. He is interested in computers or possibly intelligence field. Not what i would have suggested. i told him to look at paralegal (he loves to argue) as a stepping stone to getting into law school or a electrical stuff. Something where you can't have a computer replace you or that will beat his body to pieces before he is 40 but what do i know? He will have to make his own mistakes like I did.

...Sorry to hear you don't get to see me. I know that's the most disappointing thing so far this year. :lmao:

Good luck on the hip & the MRI.

Thanks. It has been too long since I was over your way. I need some good mutton BBQ. People forget that when they request me they have to add on 2 hours to my trip compared to my colleagues in the big city.

Hopefully our kids will make smarter career decisions than we did and pick a better location. I can't believe that my ancestors were kicking around this continent for almost 400 years and weren't smart enough to go someplace warm and sunny rather than stay in the northeast. I'm trying to get there but if I don't make it DS said he would do it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter