DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

The last week at work has been quite interesting:scratchin. Actually good news :eek:. This week all kind of work has been done in my dept. Was told today translated into Disney terms, I'm getting a refurb a big one:dancer:. This could be another WDW trip just in overtime:banana::cool1:
Congrats Ron. So I guess you're buying the dole whips next time you're in town?
:lmao:

Hmmm...can't decide if you're serious or messing with me.

If you're serious, again, I'm not against them. It's your body...if you want it, okay.

If you're messing with me, I'm puzzled.

I see the smiley face or wink, but I'm confused. Am I the brunt of the joke AGAIN??? :lmao:

Just messing with you Doc.

Bunch of snow forecast over the next few days, depending on who you believe we should have between 2 to 3 feet from Friday to Monday. Why did I leave Florida.
Dang, not good. Thankfully it must be skipping us. As it turns out, I have to go to Halifax next week for a business meeting. The one time the forecast for Halifax is worse than St. John's...

And it's Thursday. I'm stocked for the 0 - 14" forecast of snow possible tomorrow. I'm still scheduled for tennis Saturday as usual, and I'm hoping for no snow. It's already rained plenty this January, so any type of precipitation is not going to be good.

Evening chaps. A bit sore after 3 hours of tennis today, but the achilles came through with no issues. Good stuff.

Ah, ya just goin' soft

It's going soft on you for 3 hours of tennis. C'mon man!!!

You trying to make the pro tour? :sad2:

Glad to hear the Achilles held up.

Didja get a nice "roll eyes" reaction?

She liked that ok. I was team cap when Civil War came out and she was too. But, that was because she thought Chris Evans was hit as opposed to the whole ethical concept of the Solkovia accords.

. This could be another WDW trip just in overtime:banana::cool1:

And another opportunity to save more money at Disney. :lmao:

Well gang, the wife goes back to work this Friday! She's been a stay at home mom since our son was born December of 2017. Right now it's just part time retail, mostly in the evenings. I'm kinda nervous to be taking back over some days, but to be honest the kid and I will probably have too much fun and not do enough chores. I know I can take care of him OK, but my work is really demanding and it's going to be tough to disconnect.

Too much work is bad for you. Always try to get out of as much as possible. And drink more alcohol. And eat more bacon. And move to Florida.

Probably not the best advice. Sadly, I got bad advice as an early entrant into the work force and then double downed on it. So, I'm stuck at a place where the harder you work gets you more work with no more pay. Even worse was that it took many years for me to figure that out. I would have done things a lot differently if I could.

I do like those ideas. It would look very cool. But...

...my personal thinking is the same. There's stuff I like. I just can't imagine having it permanently emblazoned on my body.

Darcy is just embarrassed to admit where his tattoo is #trampstamp

Darcy is proud of his tramp-stamp. He earned it. :lmao:

Sometimes, I don't really even notice. Granted, it is just on my arm, so no big deal.

Afternoon chaps from a blustery and chilly London. Had a really strange meeting today with a start up. Much to think about.

<sigh... unfortunately>… that's what she said.
Top stuff buddy. Its been far too long since we had a good ol' TWSS

Darcy is just embarrassed to admit where his tattoo is #trampstamp
Unknown.jpeg
I believe this was his inspiration for the design.

...my personal thinking is the same. There's stuff I like. I just can't imagine having it permanently emblazoned on my body.
I look at mine as part of my history. A bit like Norm, after the first year I never really thought about it or even notice it.

Well gang, the wife goes back to work this Friday!
Good luck buddy, enjoy your time with the young 'un. It's brilliant.

Top O the Mornin Dads and a happy Friday Eve! Part of new / additional responsibilities is warehouse distribution for multiple sites with one being 1.5 hour drive so today got 3 hours in the car - getting like Norm. Wintry forecast for neck of the woods looks more like tons of rain then to snow and ice. Why did I leave Florida again?
The last week at work has been quite interesting:scratchin. Actually good news :eek:. This week all kind of work has been done in my dept. Was told today translated into Disney terms, I'm getting a refurb a big one:dancer:. This could be another WDW trip just in overtime:banana::cool1:
Congrats!
Well gang, the wife goes back to work this Friday! She's been a stay at home mom since our son was born December of 2017. Right now it's just part time retail, mostly in the evenings. I'm kinda nervous to be taking back over some days, but to be honest the kid and I will probably have too much fun and not do enough chores. I know I can take care of him OK, but my work is really demanding and it's going to be tough to disconnect.

At the same time, I'm really looking forward to having a reason to disconnect. I can work from home and usually do since we live in Atlanta, making my commute anywhere between 25 mins and an hour and a half. That's mostly good, but I often find myself catching up on things during evenings.
I hear ya man. Now that we are empty nesters i have cut back on the office time (to regular 10 hours) and play catch up on work stuff at home but not too much. The kids are more important than any of the stuff we all do during the day so enjoy the time and just make sure you balance things out to work best for you. You'll do great!
Afternoon chaps from a blustery and chilly London. Had a really strange meeting today with a start up. Much to think about.
Best of luck to you on the thinking process.

Dang, not good. Thankfully it must be skipping us. As it turns out, I have to go to Halifax next week for a business meeting. The one time the forecast for Halifax is worse than St. John's...

giphy.gif

Top O the Mornin Dads and a happy Friday Eve! Part of new / additional responsibilities is warehouse distribution for multiple sites with one being 1.5 hour drive so today got 3 hours in the car - getting like Norm. Wintry forecast for neck of the woods looks more like tons of rain then to snow and ice. Why did I leave Florida again?
I've been asking myself that question too...

Why did he leave FL?
;)

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all day.

Wintry forecast for neck of the woods looks more like tons of rain then to snow and ice. Why did I leave Florida again?
Nasty mess. We had that here Monday, except it was snow then rain, then it froze overnight. When the snowplows came by they put ice boulders at the bottom of the driveway.

The blower was hopeless. I had to do it by hand and beat it with a metal shovel.

(You're welcome for that lead in....)

Oh? Details?

unknown-jpeg.375976

I believe this was his inspiration for the design.

:lmao:

additional responsibilities is warehouse distribution for multiple sites with one being 1.5 hour drive so today got 3 hours in the car - getting like Norm.

Used to do that (well, it was 2.5 hours, but same idea.) Take that time to relax.

Why did I leave Florida again?

Because you're an idiot?

Sorry... but I don't see any other explanation.

I've been asking myself that question too...

Why did he leave FL?
;)

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all day.

Try the veal.

The blower was hopeless. I had to do it by hand and beat it with a metal shovel.

(You're welcome for that lead in....)

You keep lofting up these easy ones, we'll keep hitting 'em out of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter