DDC XVII - Leap year edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to drown when contantly being chased by polar bears 24/7

Hmmm...if given the choice between drowning and being eaten by a Polar Bear...I might have to go Polar Bear. Either would suck, the headlines would be so much cooler the next day.

Does anyone else see the irony of Don calling this thread "Leap year edition" when there's a very real possibility of it not even lasting until Feb 29th? :confused3:confused3:rotfl::rotfl:

The added day means we get an extra thread this year!

The only news fit for DisDads

http://bacontoday.com/

and yes it is a real site! :banana::rotfl::banana:

Sign me up for home delivery!

bacone.jpg

yummy!

Stinks. Why let the facts get in the way of your news story, right?

I feel your pain. Looks like they are targeting the LCBO again either selling it to raise cash for the province, or make it more efficiant(like all the cutbacks etc aren't enough. I guess brining in profits in excess of $2 Billion isn't enough :headache:

Sounds like you need to be lobbying for a "State Run" news service. Only news stories approved by the government are allowed to run. Hey, it works OK for China. :confused3:confused3

(Kidding of course - I hope everything blows over quickly for you)

From what I'm hearing, the articles will contain some items that are genuine problems. So we'll deserve the criticism, at least in part. But if things hold to form, there will be no reporting of our side of the story. Also, many who did not have a hand in any wrongdoing will be painted with the same broad brush.

From what I'm hearing, the articles will contain some items that are genuine problems. So we'll deserve the criticism, at least in part. But if things hold to form, there will be no reporting of our side of the story. Also, many who did not have a hand in any wrongdoing will be painted with the same broad brush.

Sadly, that is always how these things seem to go.:sad2:

Well, I did my taxes this year. Twice.:headache:

Filed everything on Monday night. Yesterday I get an email saying I have a 1099-DIV and 1099-B ready for me. In the middle of February? Thanks guys. :mad::mad:

So I got to file an amended return last night. Might as well have just stamped "Audit Me" on the 1040X. :sad2:

Filed everything on Monday night. Yesterday I get an email saying I have a 1099-DIV and 1099-B ready for me. In the middle of February? Thanks guys. :mad::mad:

So I got to file an amended return last night. Might as well have just stamped "Audit Me" on the 1040X. :sad2:

Beverly! Crud! Peanut Butter! :mad::mad:

That stinks. I haven't looked at my taxes yet... and I am not looking forward to it. :sad2:

Mornin' Randy!

Made some pretty great Bacon Barbecue chicken the other day and thought of you!

By the way, anyone seen Mark Pratt lately? He's not posted on either of the last two threads? :confused3

Im a major slacker lately Scott. Sorry guys been a little crazy with the crap/sickness going through our house and "trying" to stay away from it. Well it finally caught me on friday and Ive been on slow-mo ever since. Doctor dx me with Asthmatic Bronchitis. Yea me! :cool1: My son had the tri-fecta he was dx with Bronchitis, Croup and the onset of Pneumonia. He was out of school for 8 days total.
Been busy booking and quoting out trips for clients as well, tis the season. People keep running into small to medium sized lumps of money this time of year and think they should WASTE it on a vacation! :lmao: Love that, had a client tell me his wife wanted to "waste money on a family vacation" almost bit his head off, but I showed some restraint.
Podcasts are doing well to, we are scheduled to record the "EPCOT Resorts" episode tonight. Just finished a great one on "Why NOT take a Disney vacation", should be a good listen.
Thank you for the concern sir, I appreciate it.

And we're having one of those "The beatings will continue until morale improves" type days. Apparently there's another series of newspaper articles coming that won't paint the DOT in the most positive light. Let the finger-pointing, name-calling, demands from management, fear among the employees, and additional layers of bureaucracy begin! :woohoo:

She's doing better. Back at school today, so she's their problem. :rotfl:

Bleh. Sorry for the fun yet to come. Glad she's doing better.

We're having a fun outbreak of Measles here in my community. It's amazing to see how many things have been cancelled the past few days. Plus the growing hysteria about it... craziness. Thankfully not in my household, but apparently there are something like 230+ reported cases in the past week. They believe it all started in that little village that was near and around that little football game played in Lucas Oil Stadium a week or so ago. So many people in town for that little event in very close quarters. Fun stuff.

:headache: Oh now that's just not nice.

Beverly! Crud! Peanut Butter! :mad::mad:

That stinks. I haven't looked at my taxes yet... and I am not looking forward to it. :sad2:

Me neither - on both statements.

Bummer. Amendments are good though, more chance of them looking harder at your return if they catch missing items than if you do... :thumbsup2

Lets just hope Dave doesn't read this. He'll go on for 4-5 pages with made-up horror stories of how the IRS is going to come to your house, torture you, and beat on your pets... :sad2:

Im a major slacker lately Scott. Sorry guys been a little crazy with the crap/sickness going through our house and "trying" to stay away from it. Well it finally caught me on friday and Ive been on slow-mo ever since. Doctor dx me with Asthmatic Bronchitis. Yea me! :cool1: My son had the tri-fecta he was dx with Bronchitis, Croup and the onset of Pneumonia. He was out of school for 8 days total.
Been busy booking and quoting out trips for clients as well, tis the season. People keep running into small to medium sized lumps of money this time of year and think they should WASTE it on a vacation! :lmao: Love that, had a client tell me his wife wanted to "waste money on a family vacation" almost bit his head off, but I showed some restraint.
Podcasts are doing well to, we are scheduled to record the "EPCOT Resorts" episode tonight. Just finished a great one on "Why NOT take a Disney vacation", should be a good listen.

Hi Mark :)

BroncHits, croup, and pneumonia. Wow! Hope you guys are feeling better!

Is it possible to giggle with a breathing regulator in your mouth? Because I tend to giggle whenever I warm up the water.

I want to be credited with an assist.

Yes, giggling is possible. Warming up the water is highly encouraged. And the reason my daughter will not rent a wet suit.

Morning guys from the peanut gallery.

CJ, glad to see you made it back in one piece and the house is still standing. I heard there were some raucous parties in the Miami area last week. Not sure if that was related or not. :lmao:

Congrats to Stopher (again) on closing out another thread.

As for me, I'm going to be even less active on here over the next month or so as I'm entering the final prep for my CFP exam in March. Still got half the material to review and a live prep class next week. I've heard that the exam is brutal (2 days, 10 hours of testing) but I'm hopeful that the prep class will help me so that I don't have to do it twice.

Peanut Gallery Ownage.

Thanks Brian. Good luck on the exam. Let me know when you come down here next time.

Our Fire Dept did that to us one year (we are volunteer so we get paid in a ""Clothing Expense"") I had just filed our taxes went to the station for a call a week later and chief says here this is for you.:headache::headache:

Muttered under my breath on the way out. Ended up costing another $120.00. I had called and asked what to do and they asked why I just got it? I told them and they said that the Dept, should pay the difference as all forms are to be to the people no later than Jan 31st. I paid it and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter