DDA Chapter 27

Sorry I haven't visited in such a long time, returning to work has been rough, I'm trying my best not to let things defeat me but I just don't know about the future. We have a trip planned for the second week in September and it looks like I'll be renting an ECV for that one.

Welcome home Jen!

Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad ((((hugs)))))

Sorry I haven't visited in such a long time, returning to work has been rough, I'm trying my best not to let things defeat me but I just don't know about the future. We have a trip planned for the second week in September and it looks like I'll be renting an ECV for that one.

Welcome home Jen!

Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad ((((hugs)))))

I am so sorry that going back to work has been full of tribulation for you, Debbie. I hope it gets better. :hug:

I know the trip will be easier with the ECV... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, by the way.

Jennifer - I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Dad this week. :(

Hi everyone! I am new here! I love disney and I love makingdisney designs so it seems I found the right place! lol! Right now I am currently working on designs for our Christmas trip! As soon as I am able I can't wait to share!

Hi everyone! I am new here! I love disney and I love makingdisney designs so it seems I found the right place! lol! Right now I am currently working on designs for our Christmas trip! As soon as I am able I can't wait to share!

:welcome: desidoo! You have stumbled on a thread of the original DISigners. Most of us no longer do DISigns but the mods were kind enough to leave us a thread where we could continue to chat and keep our friendships going. If you look further up in this Board (Creative DISigns) you may find more active artists too. :goodvibes

We would love to have you stick around, but we don't chat as much as we used to. This is the 27th thread we have had on the DIS... many, many years of friends here. We love new friends too! ::yes::

Hi, ladies. Sorry I've been MIA, lately. No excuse, but the same old one. Life is getting busier and busier! I find myself in the unique position of having a child in high school, one in middle school, 2 in elementary, and Timmy in preschool! Sigh, when did that happen???

I know that some of you saw my status update yesterday and expressed concern. I just need to ask for some pixie dust for Katie. She is having a hard time with one of her teachers this year. Unfortunately, he teaches 2 of her classes, and both days she has come home in tears because of him. It's nothing major in the long run, but to a hormonal teenager, it's big. I'm hoping that things will calm down by next week, since her PMS will be gone. Cross your fingers for her. She's feeling a bit sad, picked on and emotionally bruised.

Hi, ladies. Sorry I've been MIA, lately. No excuse, but the same old one. Life is getting busier and busier! I find myself in the unique position of having a child in high school, one in middle school, 2 in elementary, and Timmy in preschool! Sigh, when did that happen???

I know that some of you saw my status update yesterday and expressed concern. I just need to ask for some pixie dust for Katie. She is having a hard time with one of her teachers this year. Unfortunately, he teaches 2 of her classes, and both days she has come home in tears because of him. It's nothing major in the long run, but to a hormonal teenager, it's big. I'm hoping that things will calm down by next week, since her PMS will be gone. Cross your fingers for her. She's feeling a bit sad, picked on and emotionally bruised.

Talk to her guidance councilor. This is a really tough age and emotions run high. In the last 4 months we have had 3 teenage suicides from my boys High School and at least one other attempt. Everyone here is on high alert. Let the school help her and find a solution to her dilemma.

Talk to her guidance councilor. This is a really tough age and emotions run high. In the last 4 months we have had 3 teenage suicides from my boys High School and at least one other attempt. Everyone here is on high alert. Let the school help her and find a solution to her dilemma.

Deb - That is so horrible. Very hard on those who are left too. :( :hug:

Oh, Glynis..I hope Katie has a better week coming up..poor girl!

Good morning all! Cannot believe summer is almost over. I will be going to South Carolina for a few days before its back to reality for me ! The positive side---football season!

Hi, all! We're back home, and I'm suffering post-Disney depression big time. It doesn't help that we're getting ready to take Laura back up to school in a few minutes.

I'll be back next week to catch up and maybe give a small trip report (if anyone's interested).

Of course, they furloughed my husband for next week (great timing, huh?), so I may not have a lot of computer time with him hanging around.

Hello All. Things are busy here as usual. As some of you know I have been sick with GI issues since March. I went out on short term disability in April and had been out ever since. We are still fighting with Disability as it was approved for the first Month or two then denied even though the symptoms never changed. I have had every test under the sun, all with normal results. I finally decided that I was going back to work even if it meant running to the bathroom over and over. I applied to and was hired for a position at the High School that the boys attend (1/2 there and 1/2 at the middle school). It's only 25 hours, but I is perfect with the boys schedules, I will never miss a game, can bring them to school, pick them up, make appointments etc. My office at the middle school even has a bathroom in it. Oddly enough my mother had the same office 40+ years ago. Along with the career change I decided to go off most of the meds that the doctors had me on. Since the couldn't find a cause they kept adding meds to treat symptoms and I was on more meds than any one person should ever be on. I had asked every visit if the med for depression that I was put on before the GI stuff could be causing my symptoms and was told by 3 separate doctors in 3 separate fields of expertise that there was no way. I think they may be wrong because after giving up all but 3 meds (which I will be on indefinitely) I feel terrific. In addition to giving up meds and starting a new job (which I absolutely LOVE), Chris and I have started Atkins again. Exercise Is next on my list of lifestyle changes. I really hope that things are finally on the upswing for us after many years of one thing after the other. We are also in the early stages of planning our next WDW trip. It has been too many years since we've visited our happy place (not to say the Hawaii, Aulani and DL were not happy). We are planning to bring our camper down for 3 weeks next summer and with my new job this is not an issue because I'll be off with the boys anyway :cool1:

I hope to hear that things are improving for everyone. It seems many of us hit a string of bad luck.

Deb

Hello All. Things are busy here as usual. As some of you know I have been sick with GI issues since March. I went out on short term disability in April and had been out ever since. We are still fighting with Disability as it was approved for the first Month or two then denied even though the symptoms never changed. I have had every test under the sun, all with normal results. I finally decided that I was going back to work even if it meant running to the bathroom over and over. I applied to and was hired for a position at the High School that the boys attend (1/2 there and 1/2 at the middle school). It's only 25 hours, but I is perfect with the boys schedules, I will never miss a game, can bring them to school, pick them up, make appointments etc. My office at the middle school even has a bathroom in it. Oddly enough my mother had the same office 40+ years ago. Along with the career change I decided to go off most of the meds that the doctors had me on. Since the couldn't find a cause they kept adding meds to treat symptoms and I was on more meds than any one person should ever be on. I had asked every visit if the med for depression that I was put on before the GI stuff could be causing my symptoms and was told by 3 separate doctors in 3 separate fields of expertise that there was no way. I think they may be wrong because after giving up all but 3 meds (which I will be on indefinitely) I feel terrific. In addition to giving up meds and starting a new job (which I absolutely LOVE), Chris and I have started Atkins again. Exercise Is next on my list of lifestyle changes. I really hope that things are finally on the upswing for us after many years of one thing after the other. We are also in the early stages of planning our next WDW trip. It has been too many years since we've visited our happy place (not to say the Hawaii, Aulani and DL were not happy). We are planning to bring our camper down for 3 weeks next summer and with my new job this is not an issue because I'll be off with the boys anyway :cool1:

I hope to hear that things are improving for everyone. It seems many of us hit a string of bad luck.

Deb

Deb I hope things continue to get better. Keep up the faith.

Deb, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so much better and that you have found a job that fits so well into your life. Three weeks in Disney next summer sounds wonderful to me!

I haven't been up to anything too interesting since coming back from Walt Disney World. Laura is back up college. Miles has started high school. And I'm still in preschool. ;-)

I don't come back to this thread nearly enough, but I'll try to remember to show up more frequently. :-)

Deb, it is good to hear things are in an upswing for you and your men, but mainly for you! :goodvibes

Oh, Deb! I'm so glad to read that things are looking up for you! What a great job you have found! I wish I could find something like that. I need to start looking next year when Timmy goes to school full time. Can't believe that's happening, but what are you going to do???

Things here are swimming along. Sometimes it feels like my head is completely underwater, but we plug along. The most exciting news is that Katie has been asked to Homecoming! This will be her first date, and she is thrilled! The boy who asked her is a darling boy! So nice, and genuine! He and Katie have been friends since 7th grade, so there won't be a whole lot of awkwardness!

Katie and I spent all day Saturday looking for a dress. We found several that she thought were ok, but at the last store on our list we found "the dress". I could tell, from the smile on her face that this was the dress she imagined! She took one look at herself and said, "This must be what the pretty girls feel like all the time." Broke my heart! Her self-esteem has taken a real hit, lately, but this is turning things around, big time!

In other news, Alan has been nominated for a Regional Emmy for a story he did during the Olympics. He followed a man from our state as he swam the English Channel. Cool story, and I'm thrilled that he's being recognized! This nomination will do great things for his career! And if he wins.... HUGE!!! Keep your fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is doing well. Wish I had more free time to come and play here. I do have a bit of Disney news, too. 2015 is the year that Alan and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary, and Katie will be graduating from high school. Looks like we are going to save up our pennies, and go to WDW to celebrate! Not sure if it will be the whole family, or just us and Katie. Maybe we can start making that a graduation tradition! Keep your fingers crossed that it will work!

Thank you all. Things are looking brighter.

Glynis I hope that you can make 2015 work. We will hopefully go back early summer 2015 before our annual passes expire (we haven't even bought them yet :rotfl: nothing like planning ahead)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter