DCL shuttle from MCO and baggage

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
If you bring your bags with you to the DCL shuttle check in, do they travel with you on the bus, and then you need to take them when you get off the bus, and then hand them off to porters at the Port?

Or do they take them from you at the MCO DCL bus check in, and you don’t seem them again until they arrive in your room?

Thanks!

There is a truck that you will put them on. Checked bags are not on the bus with you.

There is a truck that you will put them on. Checked bags are not on the bus with you.
How does this work? Is the truck where the buses are? Do we actually take the luggage to the truck and then go back to the bus? Does DCL take the luggage from us at the check in point and they load it? This will be something we will be doing so I'm curious as well as to what happens.

How does this work? Is the truck where the buses are? Do we actually take the luggage to the truck and then go back to the bus? Does DCL take the luggage from us at the check in point and they load it? This will be something we will be doing so I'm curious as well as to what happens.

The last time I did it, the truck was in the vicinity of the busses. Those of us there early were instructed to check our checked luggage onto the truck before we checked in for the bus. I don't know how it works once they have started loading and sending busses as I've always been on the first bus from MCO.

The last time I did it, the truck was in the vicinity of the busses. Those of us there early were instructed to check our checked luggage onto the truck before we checked in for the bus. I don't know how it works once they have started loading and sending busses as I've always been on the first bus from MCO.
Yes, this is what we experienced as well. The check in desk was between two exterior doors. You went out the door to the left to give your bags to the truck and out the door to the right to get on the bus.

And, if you stay at the MCO Hyatt, you can tell them at check-in you are on the DCL cruise. They'll give you a form to complete with your luggage info. Then you leave your luggage with DCL tags in your room. Hyatt staff will take them to the bus/luggage truck - all for free! New procedure is you or your TA will need to inform DCL before you travel that you want to use the Hyatt luggage service. When you check in for the cruise on your board date morning, hand in your Hyatt form. DCL check-in rep will cross check to make sure your bags are on their list. You'll see them in your stateroom. You can take whatever carry on you need before you get to your stateroom.

And, if you stay at the MCO Hyatt, you can tell them at check-in you are on the DCL cruise. They'll give you a form to complete with your luggage info. Then you leave your luggage with DCL tags in your room. Hyatt staff will take them to the bus/luggage truck - all for free! New procedure is you or your TA will need to inform DCL before you travel that you want to use the Hyatt luggage service. When you check in for the cruise on your board date morning, hand in your Hyatt form. DCL check-in rep will cross check to make sure your bags are on their list. You'll see them in your stateroom. You can take whatever carry on you need before you get to your stateroom.

I believe that this policy has recently changed and you have to call ahead toney the Hyatt know that you want to take advantage of this option.

If you bring your bags with you to the DCL shuttle check in, do they travel with you on the bus, and then you need to take them when you get off the bus, and then hand them off to porters at the Port?

Or do they take them from you at the MCO DCL bus check in, and you don’t seem them again until they arrive in your room?
orlando 2014 baggage truck 14008 P1020127 1500.jpg orlando 2016 dcl luggage truck 1509 P1080802 1500.jpg
Thanks!
Are you flying in the day of the DCL transfer? Or coming from some other place? If you are flying in that day, you don't even have to claim your bags at the baggage claim. DCL picks them up directly before they get to the baggage claim area and load them on trucks that go directly to the ship.

If you are being dropped off at the airport (from another hotel, or by friends) you hand off the bags to the truck parked in the same area as the buses.

We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt. We are going to have our TA call DCL to try and get the luggage service, but I wanted to know what the procedure was just in case it was a no-go.

Are you flying in the day of the DCL transfer? Or coming from some other place? If you are flying in that day, you don't even have to claim your bags at the baggage claim. DCL picks them up directly before they get to the baggage claim area and load them on trucks that go directly to the ship.

If you are being dropped off at the airport (from another hotel, or by friends) you hand off the bags to the truck parked in the same area as the buses.
And do they have luggage tags at the truck? Maybe they still mail them if we book DCL transfers? We will be staying at UO the week before and I think we will just Uber to the airport and then take DCL transfers. This is the first time we have not either taken DCL transfers from WDW hotels or directly from the airport on arrival so I'm trying to figure what is best. We have taken car services many times as well but I think DH will enjoy seeing the DCL bus. He has missed it.

We are staying at the Hyatt for the first time this March. Is there a separate bus that leaves from the Hyatt or do you go to the DCL area at the terminal?

If you pay to take the DCL shuttle, the luggage transfer is included. If you don't take the DCL shuttle, they won't do your luggage.
PrincessShmoo alluded to there being a cost now. We have used the service in the past and found it quite convenient. I’m looking to see if there is a cost based on PP, what it is. Thx.

We're booked at the Hyatt using Hyatt points, so didn't book through Disney. Can we still you the service?

I just booked the transfer on Monday. Our PIF was Dec 13 so just inside the price change date. We paid $35 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter