DCL Increases Adult Dining Prices Across the Fleet

insureman

DIS Veteran
From the Disney Cruise Line Blog.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...et-at-palo-palo-steakhouse-remy-and-enchante/

Disney Cruise Line Quietly Increases Prices for Adult Dining Across the Fleet at Palo, Palo Steakhouse, Remy, and Enchanté​

Posted on July 11, 2023 by Scott SandersLeave a reply
Disney Cruise Line quietly increased pricing at the adult restaurants across the fleet effective today for new dining reservations. Dinner at Palo and Palo Steakhouse have been increased $5. Palo Brunch remains at $45. For Remy and Enchanté the base dinner price increased $10 to $135. Disney Cruise Line’s website does not show pricing on the individual restaurant pages, but does mention “additional fees apply.'”
DCL Adult Dining Price Increase 2 20230711
Disney Wish Adult Dining New Pricing as of July 11, 2023
For guests with existing dinner reservations which were made prior to today’s increase will be charged the price at the time they booked. New reservations booked today and moving forward will be at the new pricing.
Pricing was last updated in April 2021 for adult dining ahead of the relaunch and the debut of the Disney Wish.

Disney has done a fine job of marketing extra cost dining. Appears they sell out most cruises. I was shocked on my Celebrity cruise in October 2019, they were offering half off extra cost dining a few days into a 7 day cruise and you could literally walk up without a reservation and get seated right away

Interesting… wonder if the Platinum + Palo perk will increase to $50 or stay at $45

Found the info officially both Brunch & Dinner are $50 a Palo

Geez I remember when it was $10 😂

Luckily we are Platinum or my spouse would never get to go at all for $100+ a brunch

Disney has done a fine job of marketing extra cost dining. Appears they sell out most cruises. I was shocked on my Celebrity cruise in October 2019, they were offering half off extra cost dining a few days into a 7 day cruise and you could literally walk up without a reservation and get seated right away
The only adult dining that I've seen that's difficult to get is Palo's brunch which has gone downhill since they took away the buffet part in my opinion. I've said it in other threads that if it wasn't for being comped Palos we wouldn't pay extra for it. Cruises were originally marketed as meals being included with the cruise fare now that seems to be disappearing.

😂 $45 was already too much for me, especially since they introduced the a-la-carte model and reduced the included menu items in the prix fixe offering. It was easily worth it at $20, borderline (for us) at $40. We skipped on our last cruise and can wait until we are platinum before we go again.

The only adult dining that I've seen that's difficult to get is Palo's brunch which has gone downhill since they took away the buffet part in my opinion. I've said it in other threads that if it wasn't for being comped Palos we wouldn't pay extra for it. Cruises were originally marketed as meals being included with the cruise fare now that seems to be disappearing.
exactly, miss the brunch buffet. The buffet was so good with all the selections. Will it ever come back? Still difficult to book the brunch, it sells out quick. we still do it since it is included.

The only reason I’ll do Palo now is if I’m on the Magic or Wonder. I like having a romantic date night on the ship in the adult restaurants. But while Remy is still a good deal for $135 (since a meal like that would be well above that price on land), Remy is just okay. For $50 not including alcohol I can get just as good or better on land. My husband was already not that impressed for $40. He’s not going to be happy about going now that it’s $100 for the two of us.

Agreed, I'll be Platinum in a couple more cruises and will try brunch again but stopped because they took away the buffet which was our favorite part of Palo.

The cost increase doesn't surprise me at all. The food quality is so much better in Palo and Remy. The food costs for all of us has increased tremendously at the grocery store so a price adjustment to account for the inflation if food cost makes sense. Going to Remy is like eating at Victoria and Alberts so I'll gladly pay the $135 per person vs the $400 for V&A. My son is 18 and is finally getting to eat at Palo and Remy in 2 weeks and so excited, he's heard about how much we enjoy it over the years and he's a total foodie.

The buffet was amazing! I do miss it, but I admit Palo brunch on the Wish was very good - we did an early reservation and ended up there for hours basically eating breakfast and then lunch, our server brought us anything and everything we were interested in. It was such a lovely and relaxing meal and the food and service were very good. I will still pay extra to do it.

A lot of people get Palo free and the restaurant is usually only half full or less. I don’t think they have the staff to run at full capacity. Last time I ate there on the Wish our server only had one table and that was us. Maybe five tables were occupied. Yet it was sold out.

A lot of people get Palo free and the restaurant is usually only half full or less. I don’t think they have the staff to run at full capacity. Last time I ate there on the Wish our server only had one table and that was us. Maybe five tables were occupied. Yet it was sold out.
That’s interesting. I wonder if those who get it free end up canceling at the last minute (or just don’t show up) and at that point those that don’t have stop looking. I personally love Palo brunch and am not in the free group but won’t wait in line when I get on board to book it. To me it’s just not worth sacrificing the time on the ship to get the reservation or I’ve moved on with other plans.

Not a fan of Palo Bruch as prior buffet or currently. We are platinum & always make a Palo dinner reservation. The MDE food on all the ships is so mediocre & meh, as well as the loud crowded dining rooms, Palo dinner is a quiet evening with excellent food & service. Such a welcome relief to have higher quality food cooked just for you & an attentive server who isn't running back & forth trying to squeeze between crowded tables. Definitely worth the cost for us.

That’s interesting. I wonder if those who get it free end up canceling at the last minute (or just don’t show up) and at that point those that don’t have stop looking. I personally love Palo brunch and am not in the free group but won’t wait in line when I get on board to book it. To me it’s just not worth sacrificing the time on the ship to get the reservation or I’ve moved on with other plans.
I just think they don't book it full. The waiters never have more than one or two tables so the service is first-rate. I don't think they would have the staff to fill the restaurant. It would also make it loud and kill the ambiance.

The cost increase doesn't surprise me at all. The food quality is so much better in Palo and Remy. The food costs for all of us has increased tremendously at the grocery store so a price adjustment to account for the inflation if food cost makes sense.
These regular price hikes started loooong before inflation became significant. When we first sailed in 2015 I believe we paid $25 at Palo (it definitely wasn't more than that - might even have been $20). Inflation was running at less than 2% most years between 2015 and 2022, but Palo cost increased to $45 during that time. It's maybe convenient that DCL can point to inflation this time, but this price hike was happening anyway.

These regular price hikes started loooong before inflation became significant. When we first sailed in 2015 I believe we paid $25 at Palo (it definitely wasn't more than that - might even have been $20). Inflation was running at less than 2% most years between 2015 and 2022, but Palo cost increased to $45 during that time. It's maybe convenient that DCL can point to inflation this time, but this price hike was happening anyway.
I think I remember it being as low as $15 for Palo. It definitely was $20 at one time.

Interesting… wonder if the Platinum + Palo perk will increase to $50 or stay at $45

Found the info officially both Brunch & Dinner are $50 a Palo

Geez I remember when it was $10 😂

Luckily we are Platinum or my spouse would never get to go at all for $100+ a brunch
The perk is for a meal in Palo so I think it has to go up to $50 or wouldn't make sense.

I definitely wouldn’t pay $50 for Palo if I had to pay for it. I remember when it was $20 when I first sailed which was 2012. They only hiked the Palo price right after COVID IIRC, so two years ago.

I will continue to use my Platinum perk there, but I’d not book it otherwise. And I still think DCL would just be better giving the $50 OBC and not filling Palo tables with Platinum cruisers in the first place.

The cost increase doesn't surprise me at all. The food quality is so much better in Palo and Remy. The food costs for all of us has increased tremendously at the grocery store so a price adjustment to account for the inflation if food cost makes sense. Going to Remy is like eating at Victoria and Alberts so I'll gladly pay the $135 per person vs the $400 for V&A. My son is 18 and is finally getting to eat at Palo and Remy in 2 weeks and so excited, he's heard about how much we enjoy it over the years and he's a total foodie.
Excited for your son. We just shared Remy brunch and dinner with our son for the first time last week on the Dream. He loved it. We were able to share Palo dinner and brunch with him in February on the Wonder. He has been looking forward to going since our first Disney cruise when he was 7. He was looking forward to the caviar at brunch. We are all sad the buffet has not been brought back. Continue to write it on our comment card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter