DCL Increases Adult Dining Prices Across the Fleet

Platinum cruiser here (please excuse if covered on another thread): Sailing on Fantasy in December and app says only Palo dinner is comped though we prefer brunch. Would the maitre d allow brunch to be the free meal on sea day if we ask once on board?

So just trying to clarify. The price that Disney is now charging for PALO is $50 pp. I am booked for PALO dinner at the old $45 pp. We are Platinum so we are entitled to 1 complementary meal up to the 45/50 pp. If I understand correctly the 45/50 covers the prefixed menu not including tips. If ordering from the ala carte menu you pay the total price on the menu per item less the 45/50 pp. Did the prices of the menu items on the ala carte menu increase to correspond with the $5 pp increase? Or was there no change on the ala carte menu pricing which would actually mean that if the complementary benefit is now $50 pp than each person is actually getting an additional $5 benefit against the ala carte menu? Or did the ala carte menu pricing increase more than the increase in the Platinum/Pearl benefit resulting in the benefit losing ground when ordering from the ala carte menu?

So just trying to clarify. The price that Disney is now charging for PALO is $50 pp. I am booked for PALO dinner at the old $45 pp. We are Platinum so we are entitled to 1 complementary meal up to the 45/50 pp. If I understand correctly the 45/50 covers the prefixed menu not including tips. If ordering from the ala carte menu you pay the total price on the menu per item less the 45/50 pp. Did the prices of the menu items on the ala carte menu increase to correspond with the $5 pp increase? Or was there no change on the ala carte menu pricing which would actually mean that if the complementary benefit is now $50 pp than each person is actually getting an additional $5 benefit against the ala carte menu? Or did the ala carte menu pricing increase more than the increase in the Platinum/Pearl benefit resulting in the benefit losing ground when ordering from the ala carte menu?
Yes, your Platinum benefit covers the pre fixe menu, excluding any tips, alcohol, additional items, etc., OR you get a $45/50 credit off the total cost of all ala carte items you order (and alcohol, tips, etc.)

I've not heard if DCL also raised prices on the ala carte items or not. I feel like I/we would have heard about that by now, but maybe not? I guess someone would have to sit down with the menus and compare them.

When we first started booking Palo it was $15 per person, dinner or brunch. That $15 was then considered as “tip” for the wait staff. There used to be questions as to wether you should tip additional. Then it went up in price and part of the cost was “tip” and part for food. It eventually continued to increase and all if cost was for dining experience and additional 18% add as tip. Things sure have changed.

Fyi you might want to print or take a screenshot of the old price booking before getting on ship. My sailing they charged everyone the higher price but luckily, I spoke with concierge and they honored the original price since I said it was booked via 130 days out request.

Upcoming sailing in Oct, they finalized when pirate night will be on. Sadly, I guessed the wrong date it would fall on. So now I'm debating on switching or canceling. If you modify/change the date even though you booked with old price they will charge you new price. I might just wait and ask concierge on board to see if they can waive that too.

Fyi you might want to print or take a screenshot of the old price booking before getting on ship. My sailing they charged everyone the higher price but luckily, I spoke with concierge and they honored the original price since I said it was booked via 130 days out request.

Upcoming sailing in Oct, they finalized when pirate night will be on. Sadly, I guessed the wrong date it would fall on. So now I'm debating on switching or canceling. If you modify/change the date even though you booked with old price they will charge you new price. I might just wait and ask concierge on board to see if they can waive that too.
Thanks for the heads up. I just took a screen shot of our reservation and also took a picture of the reservation showing the $45 charge pp so I hav it on my phone.

Just booked Palo on the Wonder for a short Australian cruise and the price is $60/person. Did they do another price increase? :(
Maybe an Australia thing? I am looking at the Palo brunch for our January cruise (we didn't book it, we're doing the Remy dessert experience instead) and I could still book for $50.

It’s the same in Europe (if cruise doesn’t leave EU) where they add VAT on everything you purchase. Actually under EU laws they would have to quote the customers the price including VAT. I was surprised they didn’t do that and thought it was fishy. I wonder how they got around doing it. It seems that Australia might have the same rule, but is actually enforcing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter