DCL Europe Summer 2022 approaching - what are you doing?

We also just cancelled our June Greek Isles cruise - for the same reasons many people have already mentioned .

We moved our deposit to a 4 night Wish cruise in July instead. We are just going to stay closer to home this summer… I’m glad I moved our deposit now - the cruise we moved to only had GTY inside rooms left - so I’m sure it won’t be too long before it’s sold out….If I can’t go to Europe - then I wanted to cruise on the Wish:flower1:

I would suggest if you are leaning towards canceling Europe and choosing to stay closer to home this summer - don’t wait to long if you want to switch to the summer cruises out of the US - I think they will fill up quickly…

For those in the fence - I feel your pain over making the decision - it was a hard decision to give up on the Greek Isles cruise (again). I do hope things get better and everyone that sticks it out ends up having a wonderful cruise !!

Fingers crossed we will finally get to do the Greek Isles in 2023 !! We have been trying to do this cruise the last few years!

Happy Cruising!!

I think we're on the same cruise and I have the exact same mindset.
For us the top 3 issues are:
1. Too much $$ for flights to Europe only to be told of a positive test result & hence no cruise for us= vacation ruined.
2. Having to quarantine for who knows how long and who knows in what kind of hotel.
3. The possibility that excursions are in a bubble and we are not allowed to wander on our own.
Yes!! Our top 3 concerns for our 2022 Europe cruise, too.

Things will have to improve **dramatically** before PIF dates or I think at least 50% of folks in US/Canada will cancel.
Ourselves included.
Agree. Our PIF is last week of April, however my husband has to submit all his vacation week requests before mid February so I think that will be our deadline.

There was a brief moment when vaccines for kids were approved where I finally started feeling like maybe our August Iceland cruise will be possible but then Omicron happened and I’m back to being pessimistic. We aren’t making a decision yet. PIF isn’t until April so we have some time but if I had to place a bet right now I’d say we’re probably not going. :(

I’m glad to get that email. Buys us some time before final decisions need to be made.

We went ahead and cancelled. We rebooked a Western Caribbean. Not the trip we had planned (twice) but we won’t be at work or school. Maybe 2023 will be our year.

We went ahead and cancelled. We rebooked a Western Caribbean. Not the trip we had planned (twice) but we won’t be at work or school. Maybe 2023 will be our year.
We'll likely do that too, need to discuss it with the kids as it's supposed to be their graduation trip (HS and College)...my oldest just came home for winter break. The 60 day thing is great...but we have a June cruise with a March online check-in... I think there will still be too much uncertainty at that point. It would be nice to actually be excited about planning something again vs anxiety of travelling abroad... maybe if I had an August cruise I'd feel better waiting. Oh well... someday!

We'll likely do that too, need to discuss it with the kids as it's supposed to be their graduation trip (HS and College)...my oldest just came home for winter break. The 60 day thing is great...but we have a June cruise with a March online check-in... I think there will still be too much uncertainty at that point. It would be nice to actually be excited about planning something again vs anxiety of travelling abroad... maybe if I had an August cruise I'd feel better waiting. Oh well... someday!
Ours was a graduation trip as well. Disappointing all around for sure.

Just cancelled our August Alaska and changed to a Fantasy western as well. Didn’t want to deal with all the testing $$ for six people into/out of Canada, among other uncertainties…On the east coast, so we’ll drive to florida.

For those who are still considering going on their European cruise, keep an eye on the prices (regardless of cruise line). I just saved $1,000 by calling HAL due to a price drop I saw on their website.

We just switched our 8nt Greek Isles cruise to a 7nt Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. I just couldn't wait until the new PIF date and currently things are still too uncertain on the Covid front especially travelling abroad with a family of 4. We're now doing 2 nts at Disney Vero Beach pre cruise and a week at Disney World afterwards using our DVC pts. I wanted to book ASAP now that Southwest is open through our dates and while there is still DVC availability. It will be our first time on the Fantasy, in a verandah, and on any itinerary out of Florida. So first time at Castaway Cay! The girls think the cruise/parks combo will be a good graduation trip. Hopefully travel to/from Europe will be easier in 2023/2024.

We're on the 8 nt Greek isles cruise from Rome. We only have the refundable pre cruise hotel booked at this point. PIF is early February. We'll make the final decision in January whether to stay or switch to a US cruise. I keep hoping things will improve by then...unfortunately, probably leaning towards switching. Really don't want to deal with Covid tests before flights each way for 4 people when we're all fully vaxxed and should have boosters by then. I understand the reasoning behind it though. Sigh...was really hoping when we booked in March 2021 that all this would be behind us by now!
We are on this one too and honesty I just don't think it is going to happen.

Over the weekend we switched from a May 7 night Mediterranean cruise to the July 9-night Southern Caribbean. Even if the Med. cruise happens we don't want to take the chance of a positive Covid test that could leave us quarantined in Barcelona for two weeks. When I called DCL on Saturday to change our cruise the CM with whom I spoke said that no one really knows what's going to happen with cruising in Europe next summer at this point in time.

We are on this one too and honesty I just don't think it is going to happen.

I hate to agree with this but you might be right.
With omicron growing exponentially every day, with projections of cases doubling every 4 weeks in Europe, I don't see how this cruise happens. Unless there's a miracle and cases drop dramatically by March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter