Day after christmas through the first few days of Jan

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi , I just love planning so much that I am thinking ahead to our 2005 trip - Think I will surprise the kids with trip leaving the day after Christmas and staying at least through the first few days of Jan but maybe up to a 2 week total trip .. How are the crowds during the X-mas/NY holiday ? I will of course read all I can about this years and next but just wondering in advance . Thanks Michelle

Don't know about next year, but many folks I work with are flying out on Christmas Day this year - saving tons of money! You might see if you can do that to save.

We took a trip Dec. 30 - to Jan 6 before. Crowds were heavy til about Jan 2 - then nothing!

We'll be there12/27-1/02 this year and did the same last year. It's busy, but parks are open late and decorations are well worth it! NYE is fun but crowded(we did Epcot last year and MGM this year. Don't forget 90 day PS for NYE and NY day! Have fun
Connears

Christmas Week is about the busiest of the year with the parks hitting critical mass on New Year's Eve. It is also a wonderful time to go.

Traditionally, it was very difficult to book rooms on-site for that week unless you planned as far as a year in advance and discounts were unheard of. Since 9/11, this is among the many things that have changed. It hasn't been as crucial to book months in advance and some discounts have come out for this time. As travel begins to pick up again, you might want keep an eye on how busy WDW is getting. By 2005, we could be back to "normal".

unless something weird is going on with the sites, all the prefered loops are gone for jan 8-18 for this year at FW since I just tried to change my ressies and couldn't ....never had that happen before!( usually we go earlier in Jan though or 1st week of Dec.so maybe MLK weekend is always like that)

thanks Everyone. I will keep my eyes and ears open on this site for what the crowd reports are like and take it from there . I think we will probally do a 2 week trip .. I think I will tell the kids we are going the first week of Jan and then the surprise will be that we are leaving just after christmas ! so looks like a 2 week trip for us !! WOO HOO ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter