Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Any email I send them is sent back with a boiler plate response basically saying we'll reach out to you if your canceled...

Well, at this point, all dining plans are being cancelled by Disney so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Hope you kept your original gift cards for payment. Otherwise, contact David's ASAP (via Facebook and other forms of social media) so he can make contact with the owner who can let DVC know to send new gift cards.

He probably won’t survive this as a business since his credibility goes away once limited experiences are not what some people will pay for, if too many vouchers request same dates and his points inventory can’t get those dates he now broke his voucher?
He'll just change the terms and conditions again... subsection 9(j)(3) of the revised contract (applicable retroactively to all, of course) will read:

:magnify:

If you even inquire about availability on a date and there's no availability on that date, you have used your one chance to redeem your voucher.

I have already said this is a HOT MESS and now it gets HOTTER!
I just can't wrap my head around this - My heart just breaks - people are losing their hard earned money for just wanting to take a vacation (I mean Owners and Renters) - all from a deadly virus - you try and schedule and poof it is gone...or you schedule and roll the dice to see if poof it is gone - This is the BEST that can be done? I just can't believe this! Maybe I have this wrong - but I just would NOT want to try and schedule anything and would be rather nervous to go and wonder = do I have a room? Can I get into a Park? Will I be able to obtain food? For what Disney charges - Just not worth it. BUT...I would have to go if I rented - BUT this virus is thrown into the mix - and it has changed EVERYTHING!
David's would offer worthless voucher to UK because of Travel restrictions - Yet didn't to US who had travel restrictions (??) - Offer to help - then backed out of offer to help - Disney is now open - but removes everything and says they will let you know later what you MAY be able to do.
What is a person to do?? How were you to know 11 months ago that you would be here now?? People are so wrung out with all of this - I just wish there was a better answer.
Sorry for my ramble I am just frustrated with this mess - NOT with people - just the situation - Well with one person DAVID I just think he could have done a better job than the one he is doing. I think Disney needs to offer information so people can make informed decisions - a lot of money and time is on the line and people need to be able to make decisions and some can't wait until the last minute to do those.
And last - For What DAVID is getting in Commission is butt should be doing a WHOLE LOT better job than what he is - Just my opinion!
Rant Over but I really feel for the people who have reservations and don't want to go and the Owners who have points and may end up with wasted points. Neither one wins = BUT David. It just isn't right. This is not a normal situation because of this virus and we all know this stupid virus will come back and we will all still be here dealing with this mess!

I have already said this is a HOT MESS and now it gets HOTTER!
I just can't wrap my head around this - My heart just breaks - people are losing their hard earned money for just wanting to take a vacation (I mean Owners and Renters) - all from a deadly virus - you try and schedule and poof it is gone...or you schedule and roll the dice to see if poof it is gone - This is the BEST that can be done? I just can't believe this! Maybe I have this wrong - but I just would NOT want to try and schedule anything and would be rather nervous to go and wonder = do I have a room? Can I get into a Park? Will I be able to obtain food? For what Disney charges - Just not worth it. BUT...I would have to go if I rented - BUT this virus is thrown into the mix - and it has changed EVERYTHING!
David's would offer worthless voucher to UK because of Travel restrictions - Yet didn't to US who had travel restrictions (??) - Offer to help - then backed out of offer to help - Disney is now open - but removes everything and says they will let you know later what you MAY be able to do.
What is a person to do?? How were you to know 11 months ago that you would be here now?? People are so wrung out with all of this - I just wish there was a better answer.
Sorry for my ramble I am just frustrated with this mess - NOT with people - just the situation - Well with one person DAVID I just think he could have done a better job than the one he is doing. I think Disney needs to offer information so people can make informed decisions - a lot of money and time is on the line and people need to be able to make decisions and some can't wait until the last minute to do those.
And last - For What DAVID is getting in Commission is butt should be doing a WHOLE LOT better job than what he is - Just my opinion!
Rant Over but I really feel for the people who have reservations and don't want to go and the Owners who have points and may end up with wasted points. Neither one wins = BUT David. It just isn't right. This is not a normal situation because of this virus and we all know this stupid virus will come back and we will all still be here dealing with this mess!
David has said he will offer a credit on FB to anyone unable to travel due to restrictions.

That is wonderful
David said to me as an Owner he would allow me to work with my renter to rebook them and then changed his tune
I as a renter could not go because of travel restrictions David flat refused to do Anything after asking multiple times I submitted a chargeback and won
David has Never offered me a voucher
David has yet to contact me again about re-renting my points which I stated to him in writing I would do
My personal opinion only I really don’t trust anything that Company will say or do at this point
I know one thing - I flat refuse his new terms and conditions

That seems like a pretty harsh line to take since it wouldn't take much effort to change names or dates for people who are trying to err on the side of caution for their own health and the health of others. But to each their own I guess.

I admit it is harsh. But, I have no desire to continue to work with this broker beyond what I contracted for and won’t ever again,

Changing dates means I am stuck with a rental longer than I planned to and not interested in that, Changing names means I will be under his new contract which has terms I’d never agree to in the first place,

So, it’s not as simple as it sounds from an owners perspective. Now, I would be willing to give up the rest of funds owed me to be let out of the contract, keep the points and walk away with what I have been paid. That gives Davids, between his commission and my unpaid share almost 50% of what the renter gave him to refund them or give a voucher,

But, if resorts and parks are open, and a renter doesn’t feel comfortable going, that is a choice and sometimes hard choices come with consequences not ideal,

I admit it is harsh. But, I have no desire to continue to work with this broker beyond what I contracted for and won’t ever again,

Changing dates means I am stuck with a rental longer than I planned to and not interested in that, Changing names means I will be under his new contract which has terms I’d never agree to in the first place,

So, it’s not as simple as it sounds from an owners perspective. Now, I would be willing to give up the rest of funds owed me to be let out of the contract, keep the points and walk away with what I have been paid. That gives Davids, between his commission and my unpaid share almost 50% of what the renter gave him to refund them or give a voucher,

But, if resorts and parks are open, and a renter doesn’t feel comfortable going, that is a choice and sometimes hard choices come with consequences not ideal,

Those reasons do make sense and I can understand your reasoning - thanks for explaining your stance on this.

Update: I called Chase Sapphire today and it seems that we won our dispute. They said David's does have 30 days to respond (I don't know if anyone on here has survived the 30 day window yet after they got their refund). But the point is, at this stage, we won the dispute and the money is being returned to our account.

Update: I called Chase Sapphire today and it seems that we won our dispute. They said David's does have 30 days to respond (I don't know if anyone on here has survived the 30 day window yet after they got their refund). But the point is, at this stage, we won the dispute and the money is being returned to our account.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing

When did you file the chargeback ?

My contract with David’s does not require me to add guests. Only fix spellings.

Very interesting... on my confirmation it says this:

"For any requests for this reservation, such as changes in the number of guests, magical express or the dining plan, we will require a minimum of 30 days advance notice to ensure that the member can be contacted in enough time to execute the request."

I did add my husband a few days after I made the reservation when he changed his mind, but it did not occur to me with this verbage that it was not covered under the contract. You'd think the only reason they wouldn't would be timing. I had also considered gifting my reservation away, and may still ask in the hopes the owner's don't mind if I find anyone willing to travel.

If the owners are getting 100% while I'm getting 0%... it sure feels like an easy enough ask.

Very interesting... on my confirmation it says this:

"For any requests for this reservation, such as changes in the number of guests, magical express or the dining plan, we will require a minimum of 30 days advance notice to ensure that the member can be contacted in enough time to execute the request."

I did add my husband a few days after I made the reservation when he changed his mind, but it did not occur to me with this verbage that it was not covered under the contract. You'd think the only reason they wouldn't would be timing. I had also considered gifting my reservation away, and may still ask in the hopes the owner's don't mind if I find anyone willing to travel.

If the owners are getting 100% while I'm getting 0%... it sure feels like an easy enough ask.

I was referring to the question of a renter adding new guests not part of their family, and talking themselves off..subletting the reservation

Changing who the renters are is a change in the contract and that I am not obligated to agree to do,

But, you are correct, if my renter had room and wanted to add a guest, that would be my responsibility.

Thanks for catching so I could clear up the point I was trying ot make.

I was referring to the question of a renter adding new guests not part of their family, and talking themselves off..subletting the reservation

But, you are correct, if my renter had room and wanted to add a guest, that would be my responsibility.

Thanks for catching so I could clear up the point I was trying ot make.
Subletting the reservation is inconvenient for the owner, since it involves calling Member Services with long lead time, to potentially allow the renter to make a profit by subletting at a higher price. Not that there is anything wrong with making a profit with a well-timed investment, but it should be based on the renter's time and effort, not the owner's.

On rare occasions where David asked me to modify existing reservations, he offered me $1 per point to do so.

Question - would DVC Allow it? Doesn’t the reservation have to keep the original guest or it becomes a new reservation ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter