Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I can 100% confirm this. I had my Davids trip cancelled and called direct to Disney to book free dining promotion for myself. No reason he couldn’t have booked it for me and applied the voucher if he’d been willing to.

Did you ask him to book it via the voucher and were turned down?

I'm still thinking believing the voucher will result in a vacation might be wishful thinking too... Unfortunately.
But really what other option do we have other than the voucher? We can't communication with the owner. Don't credit card companies have a time limitation on chargebacks?

But really what other option do we have other than the voucher? We can't communication with the owner. Don't credit card companies have a time limitation on chargebacks?

I'm doing chargeback. If it fails I guess I'll try voucher but I'll also be prepared I'm probably getting nothing

Yes, the time limit is generally 60 days from when the services were supposed to be received.

I think CC do have a limit, but in this case, I think that limit doesn’t kick in yet because the delivery of the service has just passed,

So, many renters are filing CC chargebacks and we have at least one report so far that the got notification the case is closed and they did indeed get their money back.

Did you ask him to book it via the voucher and were turned down?
To be honest, I didn’t trust him to get it done in time. I’d tried to contact him ahead of time and kept getting canned responses to the effect of ‘we’re not done dealing with the people ahead of you yet’. I don’t mean this critically, I’m sure they were overwhelmed. But I knew I wanted this deal and needed to act quickly to get a date I could use, so I chose to handle it on my own. When I booked, I explained my situation with the existing DVC booking through a broker and Disney was quite happy to book the promotion for me. Absolutely no reason David’s wouldn’t have been able to make the same booking and then apply the voucher to it if they’d wanted to.

60 days from when the reservation was cancelled not from when it was booked. Mine was booked last August, I called Chase last month and initiated chargeback. Chase placed a provisional credit back on my account and David’s has two billing cycles to respond. We did see a report of a successful chargeback on this thread last week, I believe it was with Chase.

60 days from when the reservation was cancelled not from when it was booked. Mine was booked last August, I called Chase last month and initiated chargeback. Chase placed a provisional credit back on my account and David’s has two billing cycles to respond. We did see a report of a successful chargeback on this thread last week, I believe it was with Chase.
That is really encouraging! Thank you!

Yes, they were.
Well it that is true than any DVC member or their guests( since David's customers who got vouchers were guests of the DVC owners)who had their vacation canceled would have be eligible too. I find this hard to believe.

Ok i misunderstood, I didn't think you could get the offer by using points. So if you had any type of reservation you had to use cash to rebook to get the free dining.
Yes a cash booking. Only good through Aug 31 or so which I assume would make it a non-starter for David’s as they are not allowing summer rebookings.

Well it that is true than any DVC member or their guests( since David's customers who got vouchers were guests of the DVC owners)who had their vacation canceled would have be eligible too. I find this hard to believe.
This is how I knew it to be true. Posted in the resorts board somewhere. I had sent the screenshot to my renter a while back which is why I have it.
7C6DEBC5-4C58-4405-A7DD-C84501FECE3C.png

A renter with a voucher could have booked a moderate resort with free dining and that very well could have been as good of a deal as a points reservation.

It really does all depend on how many guests,,,even with a deluxe room for a family of 4 with free dining might make it as affordable as a DVC room with a discount.

Hopefully, a renter will get more clarification about cash bookings and post here if they indeed they can use vouchers for Disney promotions.
Even the summer 25% off is better then points in some cases. I looked at 6 nights in a one bedroom I think (I had posted about it earlier in this thread) and it was less than a points reservation same resort, same dates. If David trully plans on helping people, he needs to start making good on his voucher... But he won't. I predict he's gonna keep all funds he's collected and RUN!

A good rule of thumb is that Disney is always ready to take money. The FD offer could not be used on a points booking, but if you had a points booking and wanted to throw cash at a new booking, sure, have FD that might not even be super-usable given that TS may be closed or heavily constrained.

Please don't lecture me on people dying. I've had one relative and two friends die due to complications from Covid (these three people died without family by their side, and I was not allowed to go to the funerals). So, yes in my world people are dying. I'm also taking loans to make ends meet to keep paying my own bills due to lost business thanks to Covid.

You and I don't have to agree. I'm allowed to have my perspective and you are allowed to not like it.

If the owner has a way-- I personally feel that renters should be refunded. I've stated it before, I've stated again, and I still feel this way. Nothing you can say will sway me any other way.

I'm sorry for your losses, and now I really don't understand why you think this isn't happening in your world or why its different than grandpa ending up in the ICU after a heart attack and you can't go. And for reference, I'm out about $6k for a vacation myself over this mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter