Date night decisions...

There are many great choices for date night When our kids were younger, we always did that for one night.
Depending on the type of food you like, LC, Flying Fish, Monsier Paul, Yachtmans, Tutto Italia, and Spice Road. We have also enjoyed Artist Point, Narcoossees, Citricos, California Grill, and V & A for the ultimate date night.
A little worried hearing about Il Mulino, as we plan to go there in October.
Choice anxiety!!! I think it's between yachtsman and bluezoo. I have never heard anything but good things about Il Mulino. From the sounds of it there was something very off about the time I staying there.

If you are looking to stay in Epcot, Monsieur Paul is a great choice if you like the menu options. Upscale but not stuffy and very romantic.

Almost every time we go, my wife and I do a date night, here are a few thoughts based on our limited experience:

1. Kids Nite Out for babysitting is amazing; we've used it four times and was very impressed each time. we've used them since our kids were 18mo. We will be using it again next year when we go and they'll be 8&6. It would be kind of in the middle of free and Sandcastle Club in terms of price.

2. Il Mulino is fantastic, but I wouldn't use it for a date night...Same with Bluezoo. Outstanding food (probably best seafood) but not a date night place for us...too loud.

3. In order of date night "fun":
  • Citricos (Or CG) and then hit up the rides at magic kingdom your kids might not do or can't by size. Time it for EMH (or some late party) My wife and I did a 5:00 reservation (at both places on different trips), done by 8:00 and then hit the MK until closing, about midnight or something. It was awesome.
  • Walk world showcase and enjoy adult beverages and food.
4. In order of date night "romance":
  • V&A... meal only, then walk GF or go to the park and stroll
  • Bull Bear - meal only since it might be hard to then try to do something after dinner
  • Citricos, CG, then walk MK
  • Fly Fish, Shulas, YC, or Monsieur Paul, then walk Epcot at night. Try to time it with EMH
5. Our tentative Date night plan for our next trip is "fun & romance" hopefully FF Chef's table and then get crazy with EMH at Hollywood Studios.

I have wanted to do Le Cellier ever since I started researching stuff at WDW, but more and more it just gets a beat down on these forums. Does anyone like going to Le Cellier?

My DH, our friends and I all did a late lunch at Le Cellier and loved it! We must have picked a good time because it wasn't crowded in the least! Our food was great and we left stuffed!

Re Le Cellier...we had a similar experience. . . great lunch spot and really enjoyed it...I would try dinner there sometime perhaps, but I would not pick it as "a date night" over other options, along with what others have pointed out in the ambiance category.

Make ADRs somewhere but be flexible - if the weather is nice cancel them and enjoy the world showcase. Eat fish and chips at Yorkshire, get some great drinks, and walk the showcase. Do Soarin or Test Track with no kids. Get something really decadent for dessert in France or Germany. Find a great spot to watch Illuminations (if it's still on). I wouldn't want to be stuck in a restaurant on a child-free night in Disney. You can do that at home. Have fun!

Our favorite in the area, where we celebrate our anniversary every year is Flying Fish...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter