Date night decisions...

Snarl

Alicia In Wonderland
We are staying at BC (super excited :tongue:) for the first time in February and want to take advantage of The Sandcastle Club, so Hubby and I can have a date night!!! Should we get a reservation at Yachtsman or Le Cellier or just roam World Showcase and see where the night takes us? This will be our first date night at WDW since we've had kids, so it might be nice just enjoying the park a bit. Eating is always a big part of our trips, so not sure if this night should be spent in a restaurant. We are planning on doing Tiffins later that week with the kids, so I will get at least one nice meal in. Thoughts?

We are staying at BC (super excited :tongue:) for the first time in February and want to take advantage of The Sandcastle Club, so Hubby and I can have a date night!!! Should we get a reservation at Yachtsman or Le Cellier or just roam World Showcase and see where the night takes us? This will be our first date night at WDW since we've had kids, so it might be nice just enjoying the park a bit. Eating is always a big part of our trips, so not sure if this night should be spent in a restaurant. We are planning on doing Tiffins later that week with the kids, so I will get at least one nice meal in. Thoughts?

My choice would be Yachtsman. We've eaten at both Yachtsman and Le Cellier and I wasn't impressed with Le Cellier. Our meal, however, at Yachtsman was great! Have a great trip :).

Honestly i would probably just take a stroll around the world show case and snack your way around the world. Just an FYI Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Italy doesnt take ADRs, so you can always walk up and have some food and wine there if you really feel like sitting down for a nice meal. They have a pretty good menu, if you like italian food. CLICK HERE

I wouldnt suggest Le Cellier...the place is very cramped, you could reach over and put your arm around the person at the next table. As for food, i just dont feel its good enough to justify signature prices. Thats just my opinion.

My choice would be Yachtsman. We've eaten at both Yachtsman and Le Cellier and I wasn't impressed with Le Cellier. Our meal, however, at Yachtsman was great! Have a great trip :).
Thanks for the input! Maybe if I get an earlier ADR we can walk off our steaks and find dessert in World Showcase.

For a date night its YSH over LC by a huge margin. LC isn't the least bit romantic. At YSH you'll be able to carry on a conversation without having to share it. At LC you are so crammed in that basically you are part of your neighbor's conversation.

Food and service wise YSH is way better than LC.

Honestly i would probably just take a stroll around the world show case and snack your way around the world. Just an FYI Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Italy doesnt take ADRs, so you can always walk up and have some food and wine there if you really feel like sitting down for a nice meal. They have a pretty good menu, if you like italian food. CLICK HERE

I wouldnt suggest Le Cellier...the place is very cramped, you could reach over and put your arm around the person at the next table. As for food, i just dont feel its good enough to justify signature prices. Thats just my opinion.
That's kind of what I'm thinking too. Some of my best memories with my Hubby are when we don't have anything planned and just going with the flow. We love eating around the world and I have been wanting to tryTutto Gusto. I always feel kind of rude bringing kids into the bars and lounges.

Yeah, Le Cellier is one of those I'm just trying to knock off my Disney dining checklist. I'll make it there one day, but that doesn't sound very special.

For a date night its YSH over LC by a huge margin. LC isn't the least bit romantic. At YSH you'll be able to carry on a conversation without having to share it. At LC you are so crammed in that basically you are part of your neighbor's conversation.

Food and service wise YSH is way better than LC.
Thank you!!! That is a big help!

Definitely Yachtsman! DH and I had a wonderful date night dinner there a few years ago. Afterwards we walked over to WS and just walked around the countries.

I have wanted to do Le Cellier ever since I started researching stuff at WDW, but more and more it just gets a beat down on these forums. Does anyone like going to Le Cellier?

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. Some of my best memories with my Hubby are when we don't have anything planned and just going with the flow. We love eating around the world and I have been wanting to tryTutto Gusto. I always feel kind of rude bringing kids into the bars and lounges.

Yeah, Le Cellier is one of those I'm just trying to knock off my Disney dining checklist. I'll make it there one day, but that doesn't sound very special.
Since this will be your first time kid-free, in your shoes, im not sure i'd want to spend it tied to a reservation. I'd rather enjoy the free time and explore things at Epcot that you havent had an opportunity to do with the kids. Heck, in addition to snacking around the world or trying out tutto gusto, why not DRINK around the world too!? :teeth: Its a great opportunity to do so!

I have wanted to do Le Cellier ever since I started researching stuff at WDW, but more and more it just gets a beat down on these forums. Does anyone like going to Le Cellier?
A lot of people still very much enjoy Le Cellier. But I think the majority still compare it to the one credit restaurant it once was. Its hard to justify the signature prices when the place use to be much cheaper for pretty much the same steaks. Also, the ambiance hasnt changed much either over the years. Its still cramped and dark.

Definitely Yachtsman! DH and I had a wonderful date night dinner there a few years ago. Afterwards we walked over to WS and just walked around the countries.
Nice! Any recommendations on what to order? Is there a particular cut they are known for?

A lot of people still very much enjoy Le Cellier. But I think the majority still compare it to the one credit restaurant it once was. Its hard to justify the signature prices when the place use to be much cheaper for pretty much the same steaks. Also, the ambiance hasnt changed much either over the years. Its still cramped and dark.

I thought cramped and dark would be part of the charm, lol. It's a cellar, right? :) I guess I can only find out by going!

I'd recommend Shula's for a date night over Yachtsman and LeCellier especially for a date night. As long as you dont mind the understated (IMO) football themining. We've had better service and food quality at Shulas than we've had at Yachtsman and LeCellier.

I thought cramped and dark would be part of the charm, lol. It's a cellar, right? :) I guess I can only find out by going!
ha ha, yes true about the darkness bit. Honestly the darkness doesnt bother me. Others often complain about it though. But i do think that if it wasnt so cramped, the darkness wouldnt be that much of an issue. :laughing:

You really should try it for yourself if your curious. Good luck! :)

I'd recommend Shula's for a date night over Yachtsman and LeCellier especially for a date night. As long as you dont mind the understated (IMO) football themining. We've had better service and food quality at Shulas than we've had at Yachtsman and LeCellier.
I've heard a lot of really great things about Shula's. I guess I was hesitant to try it because we stayed at the swan last April and there was the worst smell coming from Il Mulino. I know they are in two different hotels and all, but kind of got freaked out about dining at the Swolphin.

The Signatures at Swan & Dolphin are a cut-above Disney run establishments.
http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/#

And children enjoy Camp Dolphin for 'free' (if you buy an entree).

We're partial to the seafood-centric menu at BlueZoo, but Shula's for steaks (and some seafood), or Il Mulino for Italian cuisine are what I'd be enjoying for date night if staying at/near Boardwalk resorts.

The Signatures at Swan & Dolphin are a cut-above Disney run establishments.
http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/#

And children enjoy Camp Dolphin for 'free' (if you buy an entree).

We're partial to the seafood-centric menu at BlueZoo, but Shula's for steaks (and some seafood), or Il Mulino for Italian cuisine are what I'd be enjoying for date night if staying at/near Boardwalk resorts.
That is great to know about Camp Dolphin! Who doesn't like to save $110!?!

I totally forgot about bluezoo. I really want to try the Cantonese lobster. Why did you just make my decision harder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!