DAS preregistration flexibility required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt made Disney for children, and we were all children once so nothing necessarily wrong with having looser criteria for the intended audience or somewhat stricter for adults.

It is literally the opposite. Walt wanted to participate with his daughters on the rides, but they were all made for little kids. So he made a park where ALL AGES where able to ride.

It is literally the opposite. Walt wanted to participate with his daughters on the rides, but they were all made for little kids. So he made a park where ALL AGES where able to ride.
:)
This is the text from the Disneyland Dedication plaque my bold):
”To all who come to this happy place:
Welcome. Disneyland is your land.
Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

This is the text from the Magic Kingdom dedication given by Roy O. Disney at Disney World on October 25, 1971 (my bold):
”Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney... and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true.
May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place ... a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn together.“

You are entitled to your opinion and I to mine.

Walt made Disney for children, and we were all children once so nothing necessarily wrong with having looser criteria for the intended audience or somewhat stricter for adults.

I cannot begin to explain to you how very ignorant and insensitive this comment is to so many families of special needs adults. My son is 22 years old...he is also mostly non-verbal autistic, suffers from anxiety and OCD and he typically has anywhere between 2 and 40 seizures a day. He is developmentally 8 years old...he will remain an 8 year old for life. I hope you have a great day and look out for falling houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter