DAS pre-registration live chat: How long should I expect to wait?

I completed this morning but it was a very easy process! This thread had me scared. This is our first time at Disney let alone with DAS.

I took the approach of “seconds count” (the same as dining reservations). I had my reservation, group and rides all ready to be “copied” and “pasted”. I logged into My Disney Experience, and then accepted Terms and Conditions before 7a using Google Chrome on my laptop. I kept refreshing the browser (like every 2 seconds) and clicked to chat and was in the chat at 7a.

7:08 received message to provide the for reason and if the DAS person was available for video chat- I previously typed this out and had it “copied” that way when asked, I just “pasted” in the chat instead in typing it out. Again, seconds count.
7:11 video chat started.
7:16 was talking with the ride reservation cast member.
Done with everything at 7:22.

I also think 7a on a Saturday helped. Most people want to sleep in. lol.

Last edited:
I tried on Saturday at 10am. I lost track of time and at 7pm was called. I mean, really? I didn't expect to pay attention for that long!

Sunday I was up and logged in at 7am. Received message that it was a go at 730am. Woke my son up (yay for daylight saving time) and we did the video part. Done with the text selecting of rides by 8am.

After reading this and multiple other threads I tried yesterday morning at 7. finally go a chat at 8 but I was unable to respond due to work and got kicked out. This morning I acted like I was trying to get a boarding pass for RotR (remember those days?) and within a minute I was on my video call with the CM. Worked out well although many DAS ride "reservations" are already full for when we're going. Does that mean that no DAS will be available at all for those days or just that we have to do it in person?

After reading this and multiple other threads I tried yesterday morning at 7. finally go a chat at 8 but I was unable to respond due to work and got kicked out. This morning I acted like I was trying to get a boarding pass for RotR (remember those days?) and within a minute I was on my video call with the CM. Worked out well although many DAS ride "reservations" are already full for when we're going. Does that mean that no DAS will be available at all for those days or just that we have to do it in person?
No. DAS pre selections and day of DAS are two completely separate system.

There are only a limited number of slots available each day for each ride at each park for DAS pre selections.

DAS day of selections do not run out, do not have any sort of limited availability, and are not limited to 1 hour return windows.

I'm guessing this is a dumb question, but how far in advance should we do this? I want to get it done as far in advance as possible, but is there a certain amount of time that is too far ahead?

I'm guessing this is a dumb question, but how far in advance should we do this? I want to get it done as far in advance as possible, but is there a certain amount of time that is too far ahead?
No more than 30 days before to it first PARK visit. So if you check in to your hotel on Sunday but don't visit parks until Monday, it's 30 days from Monday.

No more than 30 days before to it first PARK visit. So if you check in to your hotel on Sunday but don't visit parks until Monday, it's 30 days from Monday.
Unique to DAS, I thought all of the park days (not just your first park day) had to be within the 30 window. So, 30 days from last park day?

Unique to DAS, I thought all of the park days (not just your first park day) had to be within the 30 window. So, 30 days from last park day?
My recent experience was that they only allowed us to book for 30 days from individual days for WDW. So, we registered, booked all the days that were within the 30 day window, then came back to the chat and booked the rest of the DAS reservations when the rest of the days were within the window. Hope that helps!

That is the official stated policy. Several folks have been able to book their full trip at 30-days from first park day. One theory here is that may be allowed for those with on-site reservations vs off-site.

I called this morning, 3-18. I got into queue for interview at 7:15, took me 15 minutes, maybe partially from confusion on my part. About 8:15 was in interview, and 8:35 was into picking rides for my 6 days (starting April 2). That took about 40 minutes, during which I was logged out of Disney page 3x. Scary but didn’t lose my cm. So just under 2 hours.
I forgot to ask, how long is interview good for? (We have another trip in July)

thanks to all the tips here on this thread.

Just wanted to share my experience getting a DAS for my daughter for DLR. I tried every day this week by logging on at 4pm and never made it through before my daughter had to leave for practice at 6:30pm. Last night, I accidentally left the chat open and a CM finally responded at 8:17pm. Of course, I wasn't there to respond so she said she was putting me back in the queue (which was odd because the DLR chat is only available until 8pm). This morning, I followed the advice above and refreshed the page at 8:59:59am and then used my super fast Rise trained fingers to click the chat button. The chat opened right at 9am. I answered the question, gave my starting date, and clicked pre-registration all before 9:01am. At 9:38am, a CM came on the chat and asked me a few questions, then started a video conversation at 9:40am. I did the video chat, woke up my daughter for him to take a picture and then he ended the video chat but stayed in the text chat. He sent me a list of attractions to make my advance selections. I sent him the selections my daughter wanted. All the rides were available, but one selection didn't have the best times available, so I changed it to her second choice (BTW, our trip starts on Monday). I was finished by 9:56am. It was the same CM that handled everything, which is different than how I thought it would work. So it sounds like things have been streamlined a bit.

set a timer to remind you to refresh login info . . .

Last edited:
It sure sounds like early morning is the key to this . Unfortunately I wasn’t available until noon today . I kept refreshing after error notices at least 6 times. I really had no idea if I was still connected . At 6:27 I took my phone out of my purse after shopping. It said this is Abby you have 5 mins before I disconnect ! It said 6:23 ! I responded please are you there please help me ! She responded thankfully! I was able to sign up and book my pre selections ! It only took 6 plus hours !!

I waited 3 hours the other day and then it was 10 pm. Trying again now...2 hours in. I'd rather wait on telephone on hold them have to keep re-logging in every 30 minutes and staring at my screen. It's ridiculous.

Hi all! I tried several times in the last couple of weeks to do the pre trip DAS registration chat. My stumbling block was that my kiddo leaves for school around 7:15 in the am, and by the time he gets home from school depending on the day and activities, it was late afternoon or evening. Every time I tried in the afternoon or evening I got the dreaded "sorry, we're not doing any more chats" message. This morning (Saturday, March 19) I got on right at 7 am (EST) and I waited until 8:23 am for a CM. Once the CM got on, things went quickly for the live chat. She asked for who needed the DAS, the people in my party, and the first day of our park reservation. After I typed that info in,she then asked if my kiddo was on the call. I had to drag my DS out of bed so she could chat with him and take his picture. I was finished with the chat part of the call at 8:43 am (it took a couple tries to connect to the video chat portion). Then the CM connected me to another CM who worked with me on the DAS two-a-day park advanced reservations. This is what was time consuming. We worked on the advanced reservations from 8:53 am-10:11 am. The CM was lovely and very patient. We have an 8 day trip, and because our trip is in peak spring break season, there were very few DAS reservation options that meshed with our group, and she needed to know about our dining reservations so she could schedule around those too.

Our party consists of me, DH, DS, DS's friend. We are linked to a family (another of DS's friends) who arrive a couple of days after us. They are a family of four. I was told all eight of us are in the DAS system because we're linked, but only six of us can use/ride the DAS advanced reservations at any given time. I could "mix and match" people for each ride.

While it was time consuming, and I really wanted to sleep in today, I definitely feel like it was worth it. I now have two DAS passes in conjunction with our park reservations and dining reservations each day, and I plan to talk with our TA on Tuesday to do final park strategizing before we leave on Thursday night.

One question I have is this: once we are in a park, can we sign up for DAS for rides that are on the "not eligible" list for the DAS advanced registration system? Meaning can we sign up for DAS the day of for things like RotR, MMRR, Remy, and 7D? Or, are those things we need to rope drop/wait standby/or pay LL for? I didn't think to ask that until after my chat was done. :crazy2:

One question I have is this: once we are in a park, can we sign up for DAS for rides that are on the "not eligible" list for the DAS advanced registration system? Meaning can we sign up for DAS the day of for things like RotR, MMRR, Remy, and 7D? Or, are those things we need to rope drop/wait standby/or pay LL for? I didn't think to ask that until after my chat was done. :crazy2:
Yes, you can get a DAS in park for any ride that has a standby line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter