DAS and collecting return time. Don't want to "CUT"!

sjb95u

sjb95u
Hi all, I'm going to be arriving at WDW on 5/15 with my little girl for a few days at the Poly. We have been previously and have had some difficulty with waiting in line. With my DD's recent diagnoses of ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder---now I know why! We've been unable to pursue several attractions as the waits were just too long and fp+ were gone.

Now I know about the DAS and we'll be talking to GS upon arrival to see if DD qualifies.

I have watched videos and read about DAS so I can understand how it works, a "virtual" wait in line for a single ride at a time. I also seem to understand how to use it concurrently with fp+.

Here is my concern and I guess, question:

I am unsure exactly how to obtain the DAS return time at highly popular rides where the standby line may be well past the general CM podium and I don't want to look like I'm cutting in line.

We will arrive at rope drop for HS (but I don't think I can get her there 1+ hours early because...standing in a single place that long will result in overstimulation and melt down). I was unable to obtain SDD fp+ at 60+1 days so I have TSMM early.

I will want to get a DAS return time. If the standby line is well past the podium do I walk past all those people, approach the CM at that podium to request a return time or do I stand in the line until it reaches the podium?

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm trying to allow my little sensory-overload DD to enjoy as much of WDW as possible!

You don’t get in either line. You walk up to a CM standing outside sometimes as a greeter, sometimes handling the FP line and tell them you need a return time. You would only wait if someone else was asking a question of them or also retrieving a return time. The wait would be until their question/issue is resolved.

Liz

For some rides there is also specific person doing the DAS. When we were there Slinky Dog and 7DMT had one. The CMs are really nice and often there is a small line waiting to get a DAS as well. You aren't cutting line at all as you walk up and then walk away once you get your time! Do what you have to so that your daughter can have an awesome time!

As PP's have stated, you won't be cutting any lines. There are CM's at each ride's podium who are in charge of setting up DAS and rider switch. On our last trip, just a few weeks ago, at some rides (SDD for instance), there was a big sign on the pathway to the ride that indicated where you needed to go to get a DAS or rider switch return time. For other rides, you will mostly notice the podium is in between the FP+ line and the standby line, so, if you walk up to that podium, you won't be entering either the standby or FP+ line to get to it. As PP's mentioned, the only time you might wait online to get your DAS return is if someone is in front of you doing the exact same thing.

Hi all, I'm going to be arriving at WDW on 5/15 with my little girl for a few days at the Poly. We have been previously and have had some difficulty with waiting in line. With my DD's recent diagnoses of ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder---now I know why! We've been unable to pursue several attractions as the waits were just too long and fp+ were gone.

Now I know about the DAS and we'll be talking to GS upon arrival to see if DD qualifies.

I have watched videos and read about DAS so I can understand how it works, a "virtual" wait in line for a single ride at a time. I also seem to understand how to use it concurrently with fp+.

Here is my concern and I guess, question:

I am unsure exactly how to obtain the DAS return time at highly popular rides where the standby line may be well past the general CM podium and I don't want to look like I'm cutting in line.

We will arrive at rope drop for HS (but I don't think I can get her there 1+ hours early because...standing in a single place that long will result in overstimulation and melt down). I was unable to obtain SDD fp+ at 60+1 days so I have TSMM early.

I will want to get a DAS return time. If the standby line is well past the podium do I walk past all those people, approach the CM at that podium to request a return time or do I stand in the line until it reaches the podium?

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm trying to allow my little sensory-overload DD to enjoy as much of WDW as possible!
At HS and MK they have kiosk CM in blue that have guest exsprince in there shirts you can ask them for a return time for any ride in the park They were moving around when they first started but have been told there location should now stay the same. They also have one rooming in each land that you can ask for a return time from top if you see then ( they will have the same shirt and an iPad looking device around their shoulder) using the kiosk has been very helpful for me

You don’t get in either line. You walk up to a CM standing outside sometimes as a greeter, sometimes handling the FP line and tell them you need a return time. You would only wait if someone else was asking a question of them or also retrieving a return time. The wait would be until their question/issue is resolved.

Liz
This!

It’s either a separate ‘greeter’ or the CM handling the Fastpass line. So, you are not getting into either line.

The Guest Experience locations look similar to this. The Hollywood Studios ones have Tower of Terror as their icon, not the castle.
CE8C5C57-14F3-49B0-97AF-A13B90BFA343.jpeg

The guest experience team is new to me as we were last there in October. Am I understanding correctly that they now also give out DAS return times to any ride in the park or just in the area they are located in? I wasn't even aware that they had anything to do with DAS, TIA

The guest experience team is new to me as we were last there in October. Am I understanding correctly that they now also give out DAS return times to any ride in the park or just in the area they are located in? I wasn't even aware that they had anything to do with DAS, TIA
I asked this on another thread and never got a confirmation one way or the other and would like to know as well. I know they can do a lot of other things, so it would make some sense if they could give return times too. Anyone know?

Thank you all for your replies, this is very helpful. I certainly wouldn't have realized the Guest Experience kiosks would have been involved with the DAS.

I can vouch for the Guest Assistance kiosks - yes, they can approve DAS in the first place (that's where my son got his because the line for Guest Relations was insane at MK), and they can provide DAS return times for any ride in the park.

Only for the park you are in.
Bummer, that's one of the nice things at Disneyland, if you are headed from one park to another you can get a return time before you leave that park, then by the time you get to the attraction it is often time for your return time.

Bummer, that's one of the nice things at Disneyland, if you are headed from one park to another you can get a return time before you leave that park, then by the time you get to the attraction it is often time for your return time.
the time getting between parks at WDW takes a lot longer than Disneyland. by the time you get to other park and walk to ride could be well over an hour and is assuming you are walking right out the gate which is why I think it is not allowed at WDW. a lot different than walking to other park

the time getting between parks at WDW takes a lot longer than Disneyland. by the time you get to other park and walk to ride could be well over an hour and is assuming you are walking right out the gate which is why I think it is not allowed at WDW. a lot different than walking to other park
All the more reason to allow it in my opinion.

Becuse it would give too much of an advantage over other guest. I
Do not think I should get more because of my disability then someone else
I disagree, do you know how much longer your transportation between the parks tends to take than other guests? I think making up for that with a single attraction is a decent compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter