DAS and collecting return time. Don't want to "CUT"!

What is that equalizing compared to other non-disabled guests? Transportation? I’m not seeing a significant difference; you have various options as do others. And even if so, DAS has nothing to do with transportation - only attractions.
The bus setup means those with disabilities along with the nature of having a disability means it naturally takes longer to get from point a to point b, even within the parks to a degree, but especially when park hopping due to having to wait for multiple buses (especially for those that also have mobility devices), but contrary to popular belief not everything has to be done to ensure the wait times are equal, if it did, the DAS system would be far different than it is as it often results in longer waits. Yes, there are trade offs, but if you think the waits (count all time spent waiting after getting a return time and after returning) are the same or shorter than other guests, you are lying to yourself.

And just for the record at Disneyland the official reason you are allowed to get a return time for the other park is for the very reason I mentioned, it takes longer for those with disabilities to travel from point a to point b. This is even more true at WDW, which is why I say it should be allowed there as well, as the same logic applies, just to a greater extent.

Last edited:
The bus setup means those with disabilities along with the nature of having a disability means it naturally takes longer to get from point a to point b, even within the parks to a degree, but especially when park hopping due to having to wait for multiple buses (especially for those that also have mobility devices), but contrary to popular belief not everything has to be done to ensure the wait times are equal, if it did, the DAS system would be far different than it is as it often results in longer waits. Yes, there are trade offs, but if you think the waits (count all time spent waiting after getting a return time and after returning) are the same or shorter than other guests, you are lying to yourself.

And just for the record at Disneyland the official reason you are allowed to get a return time for the other park is for the very reason I mentioned, it takes longer for those with disabilities to travel from point a to point b. This is even more true at WDW, which is why I say it should be allowed there as well, as the same logic applies, just to a greater extent.
I will just have to disagree with you. You put me in a crowded area and I will move faster then you have every seen someone move to get out of that crowded area.

DAS is intended for basically one thing — access to the attraction by providing an alternative to waiting in the standard queue. It does not provide accommodations regarding transportation. It does not provide for slow movement through crowds. It does not directly provide more attractions in a shorter time. There is no requirement to provide accommodations to make up for all the hardships one may have due to a disability. It would be nice if life could be all sunshine and unicorns, but it isn’t. Again, DAS is for access to queues.

DAS is intended for basically one thing — access to the attraction by providing an alternative to waiting in the standard queue. It does not provide accommodations regarding transportation. It does not provide for slow movement through crowds. It does not directly provide more attractions in a shorter time. There is no requirement to provide accommodations to make up for all the hardships one may have due to a disability. It would be nice if life could be all sunshine and unicorns, but it isn’t. Again, DAS is for access to queues.
I am providing what the official reason for the official policy at Disneyland as provided personally to me by Disney's upper management when I inquired as to why that policy existed as I was curious on the logic behind it.

So, I stand by my logic on it, you may it may not agree with it, but that is what Disney intended at Disneyland according to Disney's official statement on the matter. I am simply extending that same logic to Disney World at it seems even more applicable there and again this is based on multiple official conversations with upper management on the matter as it relates to Disneyland.

our experience also is that transportions between parks is generally the same time as other guests.
Not my experience, glad for you, but I have tested numerous times against other guests and it always takes at least 30% more time when we both start at the same time and place. Sometimes that's due to not being able to navigate stairs, others having to wait for additional buses or just physically having to move slower due to my needs vs others. It all adds up.

Not my experience, glad for you, but I have tested numerous times against other guests and it always takes at least 30% more time when we both start at the same time and place. Sometimes that's due to not being able to navigate stairs, others having to wait for additional buses or just physically having to move slower due to my needs vs others. It all adds up.
This is were a mobility device comes in to help.

I can vouch for the Guest Assistance kiosks - yes, they can approve DAS in the first place (that's where my son got his because the line for Guest Relations was insane at MK), and they can provide DAS return times for any ride in the park.

This is great to hear! Where are they located throughout the park?

At HS there is one at the corner when you turn on to TSL right next to the bathroom and across from the DVC both. There is also one right before you turn to go to RNR And there is one at the end of sunset Blvd and the road to RNR TOT ( I will try and add a picture)

Attachments

• B21491AB-5724-4D01-ABF8-393466602A65.jpeg
    B21491AB-5724-4D01-ABF8-393466602A65.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3
You don’t get in either line. You walk up to a CM standing outside sometimes as a greeter, sometimes handling the FP line and tell them you need a return time. You would only wait if someone else was asking a question of them or also retrieving a return time. The wait would be until their question/issue is resolved.

Liz

But if they are also handling the FP line, then you'd have to wait in that short line (there's always a small 1-2 party wait at the FP+ entrances it seems) so the OP might want to plan for that?

Bummer, that's one of the nice things at Disneyland, if you are headed from one park to another you can get a return time before you leave that park, then by the time you get to the attraction it is often time for your return time.

Which would be a service above and beyond what is offered to other guests.

Why? It would make even more sense to do it that way at WDW given the amount of time it takes to travel between parks.

Above and beyond what is offered to other guests. It takes time for everyone.

All the more reason to allow it in my opinion.

I disagree, do you know how much longer your transportation between the parks tends to take than other guests? I think making up for that with a single attraction is a decent compromise.

You are talking about a mobility issue for the extra time it takes to get from point a to point b, yet the DAS is not for mobility issues, so it doesn't match up.

I am providing what the official reason for the official policy at Disneyland as provided personally to me by Disney's upper management when I inquired as to why that policy existed as I was curious on the logic behind it.

So, I stand by my logic on it, you may it may not agree with it, but that is what Disney intended at Disneyland according to Disney's official statement on the matter. I am simply extending that same logic to Disney World at it seems even more applicable there and again this is based on multiple official conversations with upper management on the matter as it relates to Disneyland.

I'll be checking this out - we have connections at Disneyland in upper management as well. Will be interesting to see if it is across all of upper management or not.

Yup, that adds up to a mobility issue all right, not a DAS issue.

then you have allow same to nonhandicapped as you are now getting something that nonhandicapped cant.
I disagree, but let's get back on track for the OP.

There are no issues with it appearing you are cutting in line when you go to ask for a return time, at worst it looked like you are going to the FP queue and no one knows you don't have a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter