DAS advance times

stormer

DIS Veteran
I just had a great experience setting up our advance times for my son’s DAS with the video chat. We will be there for 4th of July so I know it will be packed. The only return time we could get for Soarin was 8:00-9:00 PM. I don’t know if my son will make it that late. When I get to the park can I try to get an earlier return time with his DAS or will it not allow that because we already have a time set up? If I do get an earlier time is there a way to cancel the night return time?

Also, we got the return times for my family of four. If my husband chooses not to ride one of them with us will that mess anything up? Do we need to cancel his return time out of the system? I know when we include him in our regular return time in the park, if he doesn’t ride it sometimes messes up gettin him a new time For the next ride.

I just had a great experience setting up our advance times for my son’s DAS with the video chat. We will be there for 4th of July so I know it will be packed. The only return time we could get for Soarin was 8:00-9:00 PM. I don’t know if my son will make it that late. When I get to the park can I try to get an earlier return time with his DAS or will it not allow that because we already have a time set up? If I do get an earlier time is there a way to cancel the night return time?

Also, we got the return times for my family of four. If my husband chooses not to ride one of them with us will that mess anything up? Do we need to cancel his return time out of the system? I know when we include him in our regular return time in the park, if he doesn’t ride it sometimes messes up gettin him a new time For the next ride.
The DAS Advance Selections and DAS Return Times you get in the park are separate. You can get a DAS Return Time regardless of whether or not you have a DAS Advance Selection for that attraction. You can ask a CM at one of the blue Guest Experience umbrellas to cancel it for you.

Anyone who was linked to a DAS Return Time and doesn’t ride will need to be removed. It’s probably easiest to wait until after you all ride, then cancel the DAS Return Time. Again, the CMs at the blue umbrellas can help.
If you are asking about a DAS AdVance Selection, it doesn’t matter. Those are not connected to each other or to DAS Return Times, so don’t need to be used before getting or using something else.

If everyone is present but someone other than the DAS holder doesn't want to ride, I found it easiest to have that person scan in to the ride with their magic band or card then just not enter the ride.

If everyone is present but someone other than the DAS holder doesn't want to ride, I found it easiest to have that person scan in to the ride with their magic band or card then just not enter the ride.
The issue some people have run into is at attractions with 2 scan points - one at the entrance and one before loading. If the non-riding guest (who is not the DAS holder ) only scans at the entrance, but not at the second scan point, the app will still have an active DAS Return Time. You can ask at the entrance if there is a second scan. It’s probably safe to assume all Individual Lightning Lane attractions have 2 scan points, but others may change from day to day.
On our recent trip, we rode the Little Mermaid ride at MK 4 times. It had a second scan half the time.

The issue some people have run into is at attractions with 2 scan points - one at the entrance and one before loading. If the non-riding guest (who is not the DAS holder ) only scans at the entrance, but not at the second scan point, the app will still have an active DAS Return Time. You can ask at the entrance if there is a second scan. It’s probably safe to assume all Individual Lightning Lane attractions have 2 scan points, but others may change from day to day.
On our recent trip, we rode the Little Mermaid ride at MK 4 times. It had a second scan half the time.
Do you think it would work if someone who is riding takes the magic band or ticket of the person not riding and taps out for the second scan?

Do you think it would work if someone who is riding takes the magic band or ticket of the person not riding and taps out for the second scan?
Probably not an issue since the scanner would record the ticket/Magicband being scanned.
The issue would be having the 2nd ticket/Magicband handy and remembering to scan it

Probably not an issue since the scanner would record the ticket/Magicband being scanned.
The issue would be having the 2nd ticket/Magicband handy and remembering to scan it
If you've got both on one arm, it shouldn't be too hard to remember? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter