Daniella & Phil's TR( WP/ADH/Italy) Complete with pics/ video added 6/18

Our last day:

OK, I figured I better get this sucker done before the end of the year. We had another day left and just walked around the Animal Kingdom and to DTD at night. We decided to eat at Wolfgang Puck's. This was out last meal before we had to go home the next day. It was a little chilly that night but we ate outside anyway. They had those patio heater so that kept us warm. Phil decided to order the whole chicken on the menu just so he could see what it looked like. The fact that it was a whole chicken. 2 tables over from us 3 people get seated, its getting late at night so it started to clear out a bit. I kept looking over at the table becuase the guy looked so familiar and the girl he was with was really skinny and cute. Finally it dawned on me. It was Corey Feldman! He is a little guy and the table behind me confirm it because I overheard them saying the same thing. THey Phil recognized his wife, I forget her name. So I wanted to take a picture so bad but I felt bad. We were just finishing up dinner so I dared my mom to take the picture. I sware, no one in my family can take a good picture except me. It came out all blurry and his back but it was definitly him.
Us looking like dorks in the rain:
DSC01271.jpg

Getting our portraits drawn:
DSC01276.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

P1000898.jpg

P1000899.jpg

Corey Feldmans back:
P1000901.jpg

Fast forward to May 5th....our home recpetion.

We tried to keep this a cheap as possible. Our reception was in Cape May at a local Fire hall Banquet room. We hired a guy we knew who catered and gave us a break because he knows our family, he was also able to get us a DJ. THe DJ was bad but I didn't expect disney and I didn't pay alot for them. We had set up tables with our pictures and photo proof from Randy. The friends of our who did our flowers in Disney did our centerpieces here. They came out great. My cousin who is a bar tender at a popular bar in Cape May ran the bar for us. He had his work cut out for him, we had alot of big drinker I wasn't expecting. WE also set up the projector on the wall to play our video while everyone was eating with worked out great. Our cake was a disaster, it was a 3 tier cake taht my mom paid $200 form the local supermarket. Well it started sinkinginto the layers so we had to take it apart. This recpetion I just wanted to be over, I didn't care about much and didn't plan much which is very unlike me but by that time I was tired of any kind of wedding planning. Here are a couple picture and vidoes of the day. We did have alot of fun at the reception.
P1010014.jpg

P1000941.jpg

P1000937.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

Video projected on the wall
P1000972.jpg

All my college friends and husbands
P1010005.jpg

The dreadful cake:
P1000920.jpg

Phil and his mom dancing:
P1000995.jpg

Some funny vidoe of my danicing cousins (brothers):

Phil and his cousin dancing:

Yeah, I am done...THE END :woohoo:

I'm glad to see that you wore your dress at your at-home reception. Kris thinks I'm crazy for wanting to wear mine too, but I told him that too many people who aren't coming down want to see it. I'm glad to hear that the reception went okay in spite of everything. I think I might have burnout by the time ours rolls around too. Did your guests watch your video? We want to have ours running, so I'm hoping some people will be interested.

I agree with wearing your dress at your home reception. It looks like both weddings were alot of fun. In reading your report these past few months you have given me some great ideas. We are also going with ADH. We were down for a site visit Thanksgiving week and originally my DF wanted Ariels (which I love also) but we were both sold when we checked out ADH.

I also think I am going with the cards and pockets invites. I love the way yours look. I am going to use the side by side ones though. I have a question about the type of paper you used for the inside. I have ordered samples from cardsandpockets and will probably be going with the Cranberry or Candy Apple pocket invite. I love the Pearl for the inside but when I put the whole thing together it makes it really heavy. I will have either 5 or 6 inserts plus the envelope for the RSVP and this paper is really thick. Did you use their paper or do you use something else?

I am planning rereading your report over the next few days and seeing what else you did.

Thanks,
Linda

I agree with wearing your dress at your home reception. It looks like both weddings were alot of fun. In reading your report these past few months you have given me some great ideas. We are also going with ADH. We were down for a site visit Thanksgiving week and originally my DF wanted Ariels (which I love also) but we were both sold when we checked out ADH.

I also think I am going with the cards and pockets invites. I love the way yours look. I am going to use the side by side ones though. I have a question about the type of paper you used for the inside. I have ordered samples from cardsandpockets and will probably be going with the Cranberry or Candy Apple pocket invite. I love the Pearl for the inside but when I put the whole thing together it makes it really heavy. I will have either 5 or 6 inserts plus the envelope for the RSVP and this paper is really thick. Did you use their paper or do you use something else?

I am planning rereading your report over the next few days and seeing what else you did.

Thanks,
Linda

Thanks for checking out my TR. I am glad I could help you get some good ideas. You will love the ADH! As for the invites, I ordered the green pocket, the metallic grey matt and the white cardstock for the announcement only. ( I wanted to make sure I did't cut that crooked because you would be able to tell with the metallic mat behind it. For the inserts I just went to staples and bought a pack of regualr cardstock, invested in a a good paper cutter and cut it myself. I did purchase the mailing envelopes and RSVP envelopes from Cards and Pockets. It was a heavy invite but I was able to use the 63cent( or what ever the cost is now)wedding stamp. You should be fine.

Where in NJ are you? I am from Cape May!

Thanks for your quick reply. Great idea getting regular cardstock for the inserts. I love the look of the metalic pearl but with all the inserts I am using plus the RSVP card it makes it way too thick to fit in the pocket. I'll have to start looking for some good paper. I was actually hoping to use the Disney stamps but they do not have enough postage and I only wanted to use one stamp. Maybe I'll use those for our RSVP.

Right now my DF and I live in Kendall Park - which is part of South Brunswick. We are about 9 miles north of Princeton. We have lived here for about 7 years - originally we are both from Queens. I work in Hightstown and my DF works in North Brunswick for the Post Office. We just love Cape May and have vacationed down there many times. We even attended Victorian Week a few years ago.

Linda

Thanks for your quick reply. Great idea getting regular cardstock for the inserts. I love the look of the metalic pearl but with all the inserts I am using plus the RSVP card it makes it way too thick to fit in the pocket. I'll have to start looking for some good paper. I was actually hoping to use the Disney stamps but they do not have enough postage and I only wanted to use one stamp. Maybe I'll use those for our RSVP.

Right now my DF and I live in Kendall Park - which is part of South Brunswick. We are about 9 miles north of Princeton. We have lived here for about 7 years - originally we are both from Queens. I work in Hightstown and my DF works in North Brunswick for the Post Office. We just love Cape May and have vacationed down there many times. We even attended Victorian Week a few years ago.

Linda

Linda- I used to work in Princeton, I commuted from PA to there everyday for 6 months last year then I had enough driving.

As far as the card stock. How many inserts do you have? We had 4 inserts plus the RSVP and RSVP envelope and we were able to fit them inside the envelope. I didn't use an inner envelope. Just the outside mailing one for the invite.

Funny about Princeton, I worked at Princeton University from December 2005 to July 2006. Loved it but it was a temporary job that was not going anywhere. Where did you work? And boy, was that some commute for you. I used to work in NYC and did that commute every day but after about 3 years being out here in NJ I decided to look closer to home. I am now about 12 miles each way.

As far as the inserts go, I have seven plus the envelope for the RSVP card. They are Accomodations, Park Tickets, Transportation (the day of the wedding), Reception, Desert Party, RSVP and Questions. I will probably take out the Question one and maybe combine Accomodations and Park Ticket onto one. I wanted to give eveyone all the info in one place but I guess as they will be getting the "Save the Date" from Disney and I am planning on doing at least one Newsletter and also giving everyone a "Welcome Packet" when they arrive I guess I could put less info in the invitation.

Thanks for all your help.

Linda

Funny about Princeton, I worked at Princeton University from December 2005 to July 2006. Loved it but it was a temporary job that was not going anywhere. Where did you work? And boy, was that some commute for you. I used to work in NYC and did that commute every day but after about 3 years being out here in NJ I decided to look closer to home. I am now about 12 miles each way.

As far as the inserts go, I have seven plus the envelope for the RSVP card. They are Accomodations, Park Tickets, Transportation (the day of the wedding), Reception, Desert Party, RSVP and Questions. I will probably take out the Question one and maybe combine Accomodations and Park Ticket onto one. I wanted to give eveyone all the info in one place but I guess as they will be getting the "Save the Date" from Disney and I am planning on doing at least one Newsletter and also giving everyone a "Welcome Packet" when they arrive I guess I could put less info in the invitation.

Thanks for all your help.

Linda

Linda- I worked in Carnagie Center for a pharma type company.

Wow, that is alot of inserts. I think you should do a newsletter for the ticket info and questions. I mailed out 2 news letters, one with basic info, the 2nd one to the people to tenatively RSVP'd with more detailed info about tickets ..etc. Then in the welcome bags I had info on teh itinterary for the week including the transporation info for the wedding day. For the inserts I was able to put a one liner on teh wedding and reception inserts stating that transportation would be provided to guest staying at the blocked resorts. BY the way, if you have guests staying in other resorts on property, the busses will pick them up, just talk to you planner about it. They did it for us but we only had one additional stop.

If you put too much info in the invites its information overload for people. Trust me, with all the news letters I did people still asked questions.

i didn't know you were from nj as well! i grew up in kendall park, my parents live in dayton and i used to work right across from carnegie center in the princeton market fair!!! small world!

i didn't know you were from nj as well! i grew up in kendall park, my parents live in dayton and i used to work right across from carnegie center in the princeton market fair!!! small world!

Caryn- yes small world. I always went to market fair for lunch! THere seems to be alot of NJ brides. I grew up in Cape may but went to Stockton College so alot of my friends are in central jersey.

My DF and I have been living in Kendall Park for the past 7 years (boy does time fly). We are originally from Queens. I know Carnegie Center and Market Fair very well. I have worked quite a few temp jobs in Carnegie Center and shop quite often at Market Fair.

Malibelle - I think you are right about too much information. I do not want my guests to go into overload mode. I know all this stuff will be covered by the "Save the Dates" from Disney and my newsletter and welcome letter. I know when we go to Disney they always give us so much stuff to ready when you check into your resort - some of it we don't end up looking at until we get home. I plan on editing most of down and only having 4 or 5 inserts at the most.

Thanks for everyones help.

Linda

If you dont mind me asking what menu did you choose for your desert party and how much was the cost for food etc? I am still trying to decide if I am going to have a desert party too.

I have enjoyed reading your wedding reports... it sounds wonderful and amazing. I love your personlized denim jackets...what a neat idea! I also love you colors and your wedding inviations! Did you order them from cardsandpockets.com! We are planning an Escape Wedding at WDW for June 17, 2007. My colors are similar to yours except for the pink. My main colors are honeydew or sage green and buttercup yellow! I am also staying at POFQ and my ceremony will be at the Boardwalk's Sea Beeze Pointe! I am counting down the days! I hope my days are as great as yours seemed!

If you dont mind me asking what menu did you choose for your desert party and how much was the cost for food etc? I am still trying to decide if I am going to have a desert party too.

I don't remember the name but it was like th 3rd highest one. I tihnk it was $29.99 pp. We ended up paying about $5000 for our DP for 100 people.

I have enjoyed reading your wedding reports... it sounds wonderful and amazing. I love your personlized denim jackets...what a neat idea! I also love you colors and your wedding inviations! Did you order them from cardsandpockets.com! We are planning an Escape Wedding at WDW for June 17, 2007. My colors are similar to yours except for the pink. My main colors are honeydew or sage green and buttercup yellow! I am also staying at POFQ and my ceremony will be at the Boardwalk's Sea Beeze Pointe! I am counting down the days! I hope my days are as great as yours seemed!

Aww, thanks for stopping by. YOu wedding sounds great. Yes, my invites were form Cardsandpockets.com. You will love POFQ, its really a nice place to take pictures too outside. I am sure your wedding will be great. Good Luck!

Wow, this thread was buried. I am was just looking for it to save my TR in a file so I can make a book online with it. I figured I would bump it up in case someone is having a similar wedding, there are lots of pictures. I can't belive its almost 2 years ago!

So I saw the link in your sig and I had to come over here and read all eleven pages! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Definitely a dream wedding :)

My best friend got married in Disney last May (my trip report for that is in my sig too lol) and I think she had Randy as a photographer too. he's great!

So I saw the link in your sig and I had to come over here and read all eleven pages! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Definitely a dream wedding :)

My best friend got married in Disney last May (my trip report for that is in my sig too lol) and I think she had Randy as a photographer too. he's great!

Thanks for stopping by here. I am glad you enjoyed it. It was a fabulous time and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

I just realized I never posted my wedding video montage. Its a bit late but here it is.

Daniella- its absolutely beautiful, I cant believe you have been married for 2 years... time flies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter