Dandruff trouble

I agree with the PPs who said the T-gel stinks. But it is working for our household. I get blocked follicles along with the dry scalp. If you scratch--ugh it's even nastier with bumps.

So, now we use T-gel (the walmart generic doesn't smell as strong, but it also has more water imo) every other day. Comb out with the lice combs (gets the smallest flakes). For conditioner, we are using Caballero (horse shampoo/conditioner).

I let my hair air dry, but DD still uses hair curlers. And for gels and all, use ones that do not list alcohol ingredients at the beginning of the list. I use an ethnic curl activator gel, but I have to be careful with too much oil.

First I was diagnosed with seborrhoeic dermatitis and was told to use Nizoral shampoo (also mentioned by other posters). It really did a good job, I tried various other products, but the Nizoral was the only thing that worked. I was told to use it every 4 days for 8 weeks and then just occasionally after that.
Now I'm waiting to have a scalp biopsy to check for psoriasis.
I don't have the terrible flakes I used to, but my hair starting falling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter