Dancing with the Stars...anyone watching?

I voted for the first time last night - home & cell phone - of course I voted for Sabrina. I told DH I'm not watching next week - he's betting I will.

OMG - I'm in shock!

I fully expected Sabrina to be in the final 2.

I really thought Marie or Jane should have gone tonight.

I just can't believe it!! :scared1: This is ridiculous!! :mad: I can't believe Sabrina was even in the bottom two, let alone the one that went home. She's really good!

I thought the reactions of the judges were interesting. They all stood up. Bruno looked like he was going to run down on the floor - or hit someone. Carrie Ann cried!

And it definitely should have been either Jane or Marie going home tonight. How sad. I'm not sure DD & I will even bother to watch. We've been hooked on this since the first season & always tape it if we can't watch for some reason - and that's saying something. There are very few shows for which we do that.

I admit I was shocked when they announced Sabrina would be leaving (especially over Cameron). But if they are taking into account fans calling in plus the judges scores, then I guess Cameron has more fans than Sabrina.

To be honest with you...I never even heard of Sabrina before DWTS. I had heard of the Cheetah Girls but never heard who they actually were, but then again I don't have any kids so...

Bruno's right - if people aren't voting, then weird things are going to happen. Weird things like one of the best dancers being sent home halfway through. There was an interview with Mark Cuban early on (here in the Dallas area), and he said that for the first half or so, the votes actually count as 3/4s of the total, not the half judges/half votes I had always believed. That was one of the reasons he started focusing on routines that people would enjoy watching.

I felt so sorry for Sabrina, she looked so young and scared when they announced she was in the bottom two.

This has been one of my favorite shows since the beginning, but I'm probably not going to watch anymore. I think the judges votes should count for 3/4 of the total at least. It's obviously just a popularity contest. There are a lot of really angry people around here about last night's results. It would be worth writing to ABC. Hmm...

I was shocked too! But you know Soap fans are a loyal bunch. Remember in the first season when John O'Hurley lost to the girl on the Soap? Can't remember her name, but he was way better. I don't care for Cameron. I would think that the judges score would count for at least 50% of the score.

Shocked here too........I think they should let us know the total of the viewer votes! it will be interesting to see what happens next week.

Ummm....I know I said I wasn't going to watch, but I am. LOL I'd wanted to hear what was said at the beginning of tonight's show - anything about Sabrina leaving - but by a series of mishaps we missed the 1st 15 minutes. :(

Anyway, DD & I started to vote using IE. It started crashing, making me crazy! So I switched back to Firefox, which is what I usually use. Imagine my surprise when instead of 1 vote remaining for the email I was using, I suddenly had all 6 votes available to me!! So I went back through my other 5 emails that I'd already used to vote & I could vote AGAIN with each of them!

So if you've finished voting by email, go back & do it again with another browser! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They were wearing a little cheeta paw print...wrist...and Max had on his...errr...nipper....AKA Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl. :rotfl2:

I saw that - it was sweet! I followed a link on the site somewhere & there was a blurb that said Mel B wanted a recount because Sabrina shouldn't have gone home...even if the recount meant that she, Mel B, would leave instead. I thought that was pretty classy.

I really think they need to fix the voting situation. I've thought for some time that it was necessary...like when P Diddy stayed on week after week, plodding across the floor in his sneakers. :rolleyes: I think they should provide a grid & allow you to select each person only once - but only give you 1 or 2 fewer votes than there are dancers. That way you could actually say who is best & who is worst in your opinion...but of course I don't rule the world. :lmao: :lmao:

I fell asleep half way through ( I hate the time change) so I am going to watch it on TIVO this morning. I thought many were doing well, but the judges didn't seem real happy.

I thought they all did fantastic last night.:thumbsup2

Hard to tell who is going home tonight.

I actually got to watch last night. I'm not sure who is going home but I'm ready for Jane or Marie to go. Neither one of them does it for me dancewise.

The judges really liked Marie this week...and I just didn't get it. Jane didn't do anything for me (but I wish I looked just 1/2 as good as she does!). Jenny lookes like she is really improving. I really like Mel B. I thought it was going to be her and Sabrina in the finale. Helio looked good, and I love Julianne...

After last week, and Sabrina leaving, I just feel it's a popularity contest, and not a true dancing competition. So, I like watching for the entertainment, I love watching the dancing, but it has lost so much appeal for me now...

didn't watch it last night...
actually I don't think we even discussed watching it..but we had ball practice so it probably was the farthest thing from our minds...

fell asleep for part of it....but really liked Mel and Jenny......think Jane will be going home tonight.

DD said last night that since it obviously isn't about the best dancer, we should vote to have someone like Marie win...so it's NOT about the dance. She said there's no way a nationwide boycott on voting would work, so this was the next best...make it mean nothing. LOL How did my 16yo become so jaded?!?!?

I'd love to see Jane go tonight. She just doesn't do anything for me, which is weird because I've always liked her as an actress. :confused3 I think Jenny has really improved, but I think she's just so tentative - even now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter