Daisy Girl Scout Leaders

Yes, the WTD patch is now part of the official uniform and should be worn on the front, in the lower part of the Daisy tunic. So it's on the front of the pocket part of the tunic, below the Daisy petals, where the Journey Award patches would go, too.

If you have the sash, it should go below the Daisy petals, too.

This doesn't show where to put it either but does state that is an official part of the uniform on the front now.

http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/global/world_thinking_day/daisies_wtd.asp

The World trefoil pin goes on the yellow insignia tab above the Daisy Member pin on the front.

HTH!

Thanks Marshay! I was trying to figure out where! I am having her smock dismantled at the shoulders and framed - so I want it correctly placed!

On a related note - her smock is full and I have 13 patches to place. What to do?

Thanks Marshay! I was trying to figure out where! I am having her smock dismantled at the shoulders and framed - so I want it correctly placed!

On a related note - her smock is full and I have 13 patches to place. What to do?

Wow! I know some of the girls in our troop who bought the smaller size had this problem too, but only for about 3 more patches. Those who bought the larger size fit all their patches. So I just told those who ran out of room to stuff them in between, in the corners, etc. Not sure if you can do that for 13 of them though...

Yeah we have the large smock. There is no squeezing. Let me see if I can share a picture.

See if this works

mimismock.jpg

I can get all but three in the upper left corner. The small amount of blue space and the size of the patches really limit available space.

Well, I am officially done with Daisies and ready to move on to Brownies!

We had our last meeting and our Bridging Ceremony. I am glad to have a summer break, but also excited about starting Brownies in the Fall. I already have a lot of things planned. :cool1:

Kelly

Suellen, if you are having her smock framed (CUTE idea!) - can you save the three patches that won't fit and have them placed above the neckline in the frame? Or did you have plans for the extra space above her smock?

I think I could Jen. Was also thinking that perhaps I could do some around the edges of the frame (like on the matte maybe) I'm sure she will be bummed she can't have them on for our trip this weekend... but geez kid... they JUST don't fit! Stop being so darn active! LOL!

So our Daisies bridged to Brownies on Wednesday and then we went to Rock the Mall on Saturday.

Now we have the summer off! :banana:

I do love Scouting but will be glad for the break!

Oooooh. I am so envious of the EPCOT attendees as well as the Rock the Mall attendees!! Was it super hot? We have our 100th celebration on Saturday at Lambeau Field - can't wait!!

Oooooh. I am so envious of the EPCOT attendees as well as the Rock the Mall attendees!! Was it super hot? We have our 100th celebration on Saturday at Lambeau Field - can't wait!!

Yes, it was hot!! We were lucky and got there early enough to get a spot in a grove of trees with a view of the videotron, too. So it was actually quite pleasant where we were.

But as soon as you were out in the sun for any length of time, it became quite hot.

Also, they didn't have a lot of water fountains set up and it took forever for people to fill their water bottles up. Very poor planning on that part.

But everything else went really smooth. Was exciting to see that many girl scouts and realize how big GS really is.

Hi! My oldest daughter has been with GS for ther last 2 years as a Daisy. This spring I became the Asistant Troop Leader when ours left, plus I was also the Cookie Mom. This year my oldest ages up to Brownies, as does half of her troop. When no one stepped forward to lead I assumed the role. So far I have the time/date/location for meetings and some returning girls. What I still need to do is lesson plan for meetings. I was wondering if you ladies (and gentlemen?) know of any good boards/websites for ideas that correspond with the information in the Brownie binder, or for suggestions on where to begin?

Thanks!

Hi! My oldest daughter has been with GS for ther last 2 years as a Daisy. This spring I became the Asistant Troop Leader when ours left, plus I was also the Cookie Mom. This year my oldest ages up to Brownies, as does half of her troop. When no one stepped forward to lead I assumed the role. So far I have the time/date/location for meetings and some returning girls. What I still need to do is lesson plan for meetings. I was wondering if you ladies (and gentlemen?) know of any good boards/websites for ideas that correspond with the information in the Brownie binder, or for suggestions on where to begin?

Thanks!
Hi This is also my first year as brownie leader. did 2 years as a daisy leader, my second daughter will be joining daisy but won't be a leader for her since one is time consuming enough. I found this website pretty good -http://homepages.uc.edu/~daviser/cgi-bin/brownie?action=list most of the ideas are from the old patches but can be incorporated to the new badges. Didn't find any other sights that talk about ideas for the new badges.

I started looking at the badges and have already incorporated through Feb. Here is what I put together - as you can tell several of the badges coincides with what GS event is coming up like Cookie sales in Jan - to meet my customers, etc. We will also being doing the Water Journey book near the end of the year. Haven't gotten the book to look it over to see if we can also incorporate the skill building badges to the journey awards (if anyone knows off hand I would love to know)
5-Oct Celebrating Community - doing a parade the next day.
19-Oct Investiture ???or do the SU one
2-Nov First Aid Badge (Have mini first aid kits to give to the girls)
16-Nov Safety Award Pin
7-Dec Philanthropist Badge
4-Jan Meet My Customers
18-Jan Give Back Badge
1-Feb Thinking Day Project

New leader here! We have 7 first graders and are getting a late start.
Big question about how much to charge for dues? Read through alot of this thread and lots of variations. Wouldlove any help or suggestions.

We charged $15 for dues for my 3rd grade Brownies as well as my brand-new Kindergarten Daisies. We use that to cover copying, craft supplies, and possible field trips until cookie money comes in (in January). Parents in my troops are responsible for uniforms & any books/binders they may want. Hope that helps! :goodvibes

Big question about how much to charge for dues? Read through alot of this thread and lots of variations. Wouldlove any help or suggestions.

Depends on what you are including.

To make it easier on everyone, I always purchased all the uniforms, official patches, fun patches, pins, books, supplies, etc and then added that all up to determine the dues. Don't forget to include any training you are required to do (1st aid, etc) and any SU fees (ours is $20). We didn't include any field trips. We also didn't sell any cookies the first year so dues were higher.

I think we charged about $85 the first year (but about $45 of that was just the uniform/patches/books) and $45 the 2nd year b/c we didn't have to purchase as many patches/pins, etc.

Each troop is different. It's best to go through what you think your costs will be for the year, in addition to the pins/patches/books, etc and then give yourself a buffer of $5 or so on top of that.

HTH.

This is our 3rd year in GS and we have charged $40 in dues every year. This goes for crafts, any supplies used for our meetings, fun patches. We also did pay for some less expensive events but the more expensive one the parents had to pay. The parents bought the uniforms and book before hand. Our first year we did do cookie sales but only did pre-orders. The second year we did both sales and with those funds we bought all the girls their brownie uniforms and patches.

thanks that helps alot. the co-leader and I are meeting monday to plan the year. I like the idea of doing first semester dues until cookie money. thanks

would LOVE any and all ideas and suggestions for activities etc. I am working my way through the whole thread, and have googled and read every daisy website until I am cross eyed!!!! We were sort of warned it might be hard to get all the petals in one year, but after reading some of the thread, it doesn't seem like it will be a stretch. Am I missing something??

We are very lucky we have 7 girls and all the parents have said they would help. They are so glad someone else stepped up to lead, they are kissing our feet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter