Daisy Girl Scout Leaders

We will be working on some badges like that-where some is done at home and shared/used as part of the troop meeting. I was thinking this sheet would be for all the optional/extra badges that girls might want to do outside of what we do as a troop, but I do like the idea of journals/pictures too.

We've been using the honor system as well and it's working so far. Our at-home badgework is shared at the beginning of the meeting, or is worked into the meeting somehow. For example, for the First Aid badge each girl chose a supply in our first aid kit and learned what it was for/why it was in there on her own. At the next meeting, we emptied the kit and, as we put each item back in, the girl responsible told us about it & what it's used for. Same with outdoir injuries - the girls chose 1 of 4 & then at the meeting we divided into groups and taught each other about them. So far it's working. This summer we are giving the girls four optional badges to complete if they choose, but they must prove to us (via pictures or journals) that the work was fully completed.

I'm sure this has been discussed... but I just booked our trip for the Bridging Event! Is anyone else going?

If there are people going should we start a new thread about it? Is there one already?

Just got back from the CRAZIEST meeting yet!! We decided to cram the Brownie Snack badge into one meeting. So we assigned the girls a food related word & had them research it before the meeting. Then tonight we set up 4 different stations and had the girls make snacks for themselves & their sister Daisy troop. Effective, chaotic...I'm so tired...but they did it!
AND, all of the parents chipped in and got me a 1 hr massage for all the hard work starting the troop and being the cookie mom. I was totally blown away and started crying...all the girls came over and gave me a huge group bear hug...I love these girls!! So glad they all love Brownies so much. I am filled up right now! :love:

I'm sure this has been discussed... but I just booked our trip for the Bridging Event! Is anyone else going?

If there are people going should we start a new thread about it? Is there one already?

Definitely report back on here and let us know how it went!

Just got back from the CRAZIEST meeting yet!! We decided to cram the Brownie Snack badge into one meeting. So we assigned the girls a food related word & had them research it before the meeting. Then tonight we set up 4 different stations and had the girls make snacks for themselves & their sister Daisy troop. Effective, chaotic...I'm so tired...but they did it!
AND, all of the parents chipped in and got me a 1 hr massage for all the hard work starting the troop and being the cookie mom. I was totally blown away and started crying...all the girls came over and gave me a huge group bear hug...I love these girls!! So glad they all love Brownies so much. I am filled up right now! :love:

First, ahhhh! I'd love a massage. That's an awesome gift!

We were planning to do the snack badge in one 2 hour special meeting next year as well. We were even thinking to invite the family to come for the last 1/2 hr and sample the foods.

I'm glad to hear that it can be done in one meeting (with some homework).

2 hours is a good plan. We essentially did 10ish minutes per station so it was really rushed. I would have liked to tie in their homework a little better but it just didn't happen. Definitely a longer meeting for that one!!

2 hours is a good plan. We essentially did 10ish minutes per station so it was really rushed. I would have liked to tie in their homework a little better but it just didn't happen. Definitely a longer meeting for that one!!

Thanks again for your wisdom and experience. As you find other badges might require a longer meeting, please let us know!:goodvibes

Thanks again for your wisdom and experience. As you find other badges might require a longer meeting, please let us know!:goodvibes

Very happy to help! I'll be leaning on all of you this coming year as I start my younger DD's Daisy troop :flower:

We are also bridging to brownies. Has anyone made their own certificate? Not to handy with pdf or photoshop to make my own. Also next year, my co-leader has a daughter already in brownies, well one person is leaving so it will leave them with only 4 girls and no leader. She is thinking we should combine our troops. I am not sure how that will work or really if it is a good idea. We will have 10 girls and next year they will move onto to a junior troop - the one girl who is not returning since she will be in Juniors. Would love any thoughts on if I should combine. It wouldn't be to much trouble since my max would be 10.

This year our year end party - the girls voted for build a bear. :)

We are bridging too!! I didn't see a brownie thread yet, so I guess we should start one.

Wow what a great gift!

I found a GS Forum! Looks to be very active and helpful!
Thanks will join too!

We are also bridging to brownies. Has anyone made their own certificate? Not to handy with pdf or photoshop to make my own. Also next year, my co-leader has a daughter already in brownies, well one person is leaving so it will leave them with only 4 girls and no leader. She is thinking we should combine our troops. I am not sure how that will work or really if it is a good idea. We will have 10 girls and next year they will move onto to a junior troop - the one girl who is not returning since she will be in Juniors. Would love any thoughts on if I should combine. It wouldn't be to much trouble since my max would be 10.

This year our year end party - the girls voted for build a bear. :)

We are bridging too!! I didn't see a brownie thread yet, so I guess we should start one.

Wow what a great gift!

Thanks will join too!

Good luck in the joining of troops. It certainly can be done but takes more work to coordinate the badges, if the older girls already have one and the younger do not.

Personally, I wouldn't want to do a mixed age troop ... it's enough work figuring out what one level will need to do.

But since it's your co-leader, I can understand why she'd want to do both together.

Re: multi-level troops. Ours currently has four (!!) grade levels. We had no troops at our school till my co-leader and I started up in January. We range from kindergarten to 3rd grade. My DD is a 2nd grader so I am handling the two Brownie levels. My co-leader's DD is in 1st so she handles the Daisies. We come together at the beginning for Pledge and Promise as well as any big group sharing. Then we split to our different levels and work on our badges or petals separately. We come back together for snack and the closing circle. It's worked really nicely! We have a LOT of great Moms who are registered and willing to help out.
Next year our troop is splitting three ways. One 1st grade Daisy troop, one 2nd grade Brownie troop, and one 3/4 grade Brownie troop. (I may have to look into bridging my four 4th graders up to Juniors at some point so they will have time to earn their Bronze award, but that's a whole 'nother post :scared1:) Anyway, it really has worked out well for us. Just thought I would pass that along. :goodvibes

And - I just have to share...our service unit is putting on a Daisy Blossoms program this summer for incoming kindergarten Daisies. The point of it is to give them a bit of added time to become familiar with traditions (such as the Promise, quiet sign, opening and closing, etc) so that when school starts they are not completely overwhelmed trying to adjust to kindergarten plus learn all this stuff too. Anyway, I am crazy :rolleyes1 and offered to help plan it since my younger DD is starting Daisies in the fall. It is going to be so fun! They will be doing a service project - planting trees - and will meet every three weeks. How cool for these little girls! My DD is so excited to be a Daisy next year!

And - I just have to share...our service unit is putting on a Daisy Blossoms program this summer for incoming kindergarten Daisies. The point of it is to give them a bit of added time to become familiar with traditions (such as the Promise, quiet sign, opening and closing, etc) so that when school starts they are not completely overwhelmed trying to adjust to kindergarten plus learn all this stuff too. Anyway, I am crazy :rolleyes1 and offered to help plan it since my younger DD is starting Daisies in the fall. It is going to be so fun! They will be doing a service project - planting trees - and will meet every three weeks. How cool for these little girls! My DD is so excited to be a Daisy next year!

OH I think that is great. Let me know how it goes, wished our's did something like that which would have been nice.

good for you! Sounds like fun and a great way for the Kindergarteners to know other girls before school even starts.

Two new posts! :) Come on and follow us! We leave in under a week and the updates will be from Disney world!

I don't check in as often as I used to because my girls are Brownies now.

We finished up our last meeting last night. We visited an Assisted Living Facility. The girls sang songs and had a variety of other entertainment. It was great--they completely picked the songs and everything. Then we served gs cookies and juice. Last the girls played simple card games and visited with the folks. It was amazing. One of the girls who had told me she was nervous about it-sat with a group of three ladies and played with them alone :) A few who weren't comfortable playing games or chatting kept cookies and juice filled up. I'm glad they all found something they were comfortable doing. My older daughter is a Cadette who has received her PA training also helped lead the girls.

I think we are going to visit the home on a regular basis-one lady asked us if we could come back every month :)

Two weeks ago - we also had our "fun end of the year activity" We went to a smallish indoor water park for a few hours, ate pizza and then bowled. It's amazing how much more self sufficient they have all become. I had coupons for everything :) It cost around $200 for ten girls and four adults.

I'm happy for summer break, but I feel like we had an amazing year and I'm learning more and more about being a leader.

Can anyone tell me if the World Thinking Patch goes on the front or the back of the uniform? Council told us that it is a patch only leaders can buy and should go on the front... but I can't find any documentation of that which leads me to believe it belongs on the back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter