D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There two things going on with the queue discussion.

The first is anecdotal accounts from previous Expos, which I have brought up before. Anyone that has gone can tell how they arrived at x, got in line for a specific panel, was able to leave Hall E and run to their car to return items, received a wristband and could leave... All that these stories tell you is how things were run that year. And it even varied from day to day at any given Expo.

The second is what information has been given to ticket holders regarding the D23 Expo 2017 by Disney. All anyone can repeat is what has officially been stated: there is no holding of line space.

Yes, in the past you could do something different. But strictly reading what we've been given, be prepared for something else this time. No one can predict how these rules will be enforced until the queue lines open at 10pm on Thursday.

There two things going on with the queue discussion.

The first is anecdotal accounts from previous Expos, which I have brought up before. Anyone that has gone can tell how they arrived at x, got in line for a specific panel, was able to leave Hall E and run to their car to return items, received a wristband and could leave... All that these stories tell you is how things were run that year. And it even varied from day to day at any given Expo.

The second is what information has been given to ticket holders regarding the D23 Expo 2017 by Disney. All anyone can repeat is what has officially been stated: there is no holding of line space.

Yes, in the past you could do something different. But strictly reading what we've been given, be prepared for something else this time. No one can predict how these rules will be enforced until the queue lines open at 10pm on Thursday.

Yup. And IMO it's entirely sensible to plan based on what has been specifically stated in D23 communications for this year's expo. If there's more flexibility in practice than they've stated thus far ... great. If not, then they were good to their word.

So..I know this is going based on past experiences and not what will happen this year. But say I want to meet Michael Giacchino and I have to buy the Rogue One album. Ok, I do that and now have a band for his meet and greet. In past years, does everyone get to meet him who bought the merchandise, or do we have to buy it and still line up early? He is listed as signing for an hour.

Sorcerer question:
"For your reserved seating for shows in Stage 28 and the Walt Disney Archives Stage, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to show time. For each Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena show, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time."
I have so many panels that I want to see that are back to back! Does that mean I need 15-30mins between my panel choices?

Sorcerer question:
"For your reserved seating for shows in Stage 28 and the Walt Disney Archives Stage, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to show time. For each Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena show, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time."
I have so many panels that I want to see that are back to back! Does that mean I need 15-30mins between my panel choices?

I'm not 100% sure but I know sorcerers who have been before said they know who is well so you will just be in the back of that section.

Last edited:
How many people fit in the Pixar and Walt Disney Animations Studio venue?

It seems very small but a lot of things are planned for there. Or is it more casual and people come and go?

How many people fit in the Pixar and Walt Disney Animations Studio venue?

It seems very small but a lot of things are planned for there. Or is it more casual and people come and go?

Probably 50-100 but it isn't sealed off and is on the show floor so people come and go or just stand at the back and listen. May not even have seats just a standinng area.

So what snacks is everyone bringing? I have food allergies so I have to bring in more than the usual, and trying to get some different ideas. I usually do individual peanut butters with crackers, trail mix, jerky, protein bars, chips, and of course chocolate.

So what snacks is everyone bringing? I have food allergies so I have to bring in more than the usual, and trying to get some different ideas. I usually do individual peanut butters with crackers, trail mix, jerky, protein bars, chips, and of course chocolate.
So far I've grabbed a some crackers and roasted nuts. Planning on picking up some dried fruit for the boyfriend. May grab a couple of protein packs or lunchables.

So far I've grabbed a some crackers and roasted nuts. Planning on picking up some dried fruit for the boyfriend. May grab a couple of protein packs or lunchables.

Lunchables! I never would have thought of that, but I love the idea. I'll have to poke around and see if there are any I can eat these days. That would be perfect.

I wish I didn't have to. What do you do at the convention? Just eat whatever they're selling inside?

Yep or go across to the Hilton. Not a picky eater and no hard dietary stuff so eat whatever is available. Try to eat off times too so not as crowded.

With security added this year I am wondering how it will be to leave the convention center to eat and get back in time for panels/signings. Always bring some form of snacks, so should be good to go until done fo the day @ the Expo.

With security added this year I am wondering how it will be to leave the convention center to eat and get back in time for panels/signings. Always bring some form of snacks, so should be good to go until done fo the day @ the Expo.
I agree. I learned after my first Expo in 2011 to never count on being able to get food unless you are willing to sacrifice a really cool session for a long line to get food somewhere. Which I am not willing to do. So I assume I will not be able to get food when I want and make sure I have enough decent snack food each day to get by until the evening.

:wizard:

I agree. I learned after my first Expo in 2011 to never count on being able to get food unless you are willing to sacrifice a really cool session for a long line to get food somewhere. Which I am not willing to do. So I assume I will not be able to get food when I want and make sure I have enough decent snack food each day to get by until the evening.

:wizard:

Same here. I underestimated the craziness of being on the actual expo floor and how tight it is to go from doing activities to lining up for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter