D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally say get in at 11am then and then you can decide to definitely leave an hour early still if you wish. I worry if you go in 30 minutes late you may then realise how much you want to do and not leave early. Especially if you want to do shopping first. As the reservations overlapped we could do empty spaceport shopping at like 8:15 but when we went back to get one more shirt at 11:15 when the second reservation period had been let in, it was getting a bit manic. And the Falcon went straight up to like 80 minutes then. When it had been a walk on only a short while before. The milk queue (not something I thought I would ever type :) ) was getting long too then and the PhotoPass queues in front of the Falcon particularly must have been over 30 mins then.
We were thinking of coming in 30 minutes late so that we still have some time but we'd avoid a bit of the overlap and then leave before the next overlap. But we can just come in at 11am. :)

Outside of the merch line, the entire park was dead this morning. Crowds were very reasonable all day.

We entered the park at 7:00 and even with a 3 hour hotel break, 4 hours in SWGE and leaving at 10:00 we rode 15 attractions, ate two sit down meals, built droids and watched Fantasmic.
WOW that's amazing.

Really hope that this'll keep up, how was the park today? (to everyone)

Was just looking at the Disneyland app and Smugglers Run wait time is 15 minute. Are you only allowed to ride it once during the Rez period or can you ride as many times as you like?

For anyone who rode Smuggler’s Run, does it have the same dropping/descent sensations that Flight of Passage has? I’ve never been on Mission Space so I don’t have that as a basis for comparison. However, Star Tours is one of my favorite rides. Just wondering about the intensity as I’m someone who is ride-scared easily and not into roller coasters. Thanks in advance!

So my daughter and I have Sunday, June 9th SWGE 8 am - 12 noon window. Any ideas on what time we should get to park? I see Disneyland opens at 8. Magic Morning is at DCA. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. We are staying at the Disneyland hotel for the weekend.

I recommend heading over by 7 to check in.
Would this recommendation still hold to be able to hit Savi or Oga first thing? You know, to check in and be up near the front of the holding line...if check in starts at 6, I would assume that one would probably want to be among the first 50-100 people in the SWGE entrance to avoid the long line for either of these first thing. Based on experience today or yesterday for the 8 am time slot, is a 7 am check in still sufficient?

For anyone who rode Smuggler’s Run, does it have the same dropping/descent sensations that Flight of Passage has? I’ve never been on Mission Space so I don’t have that as a basis for comparison. However, Star Tours is one of my favorite rides. Just wondering about the intensity as I’m someone who is ride-scared easily and not into roller coasters. Thanks in advance!
Without giving spoilers I t’s much more like star tours than flight of passage or mission space

Can you ask to be pilot? I’m thinking of heading down as a single rider in August and I’ll definitely take advantage of single rider but I definitely need to be pilot at least once.

WOW that's amazing.

Really hope that this'll keep up, how was the park today? (to everyone)

We are in DCA today and it’s quiet. Incredicoaster was 10 minutes around half hour ago. You can get a FP for Soarin for 1:15. We rode TSMM at around 10:30 with a 15 minute wait.

Was just looking at the Disneyland app and Smugglers Run wait time is 15 minute. Are you only allowed to ride it once during the Rez period or can you ride as many times as you like?

It’s a bit confusing - the first time you ride they mark your wristband with a sharpie. Then you are allowed to ride again up until 5 minutes before the next reservation period comes in. After that if you have the mark on your band you cannot ride again.

But if you don’t have the mark and choose not to ride until your last hour of reservation you can join the queue. But there is no point doing that because a lot of people from the overlapping reservation period will have rushed to it and push the waiting time up. When we rode 5 minutes before the next reservation period came in, it was a 5 minute wait and I am kicking myself for not taking a photo as I don’t think we will see that for years and years, if ever! However, after the 11am crowd came in it shot back up to 90 minutes.

It’s confusing but I can understand why they have done it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter