D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

At the hotel now after a long weekend. Can do a more detailed post in the next couple days when I get my computer. Overall I had a great time. There are definitely some things that could improve, but I am sad it's over. Will definitely be back in 2017. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I was there for all 3 days.

At the hotel now after a long weekend. Can do a more detailed post in the next couple days when I get my computer. Overall I had a great time. There are definitely some things that could improve, but I am sad it's over. Will definitely be back in 2017. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I was there for all 3 days.

Couldn't have written it better myself. There were definitely too many lines and I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do, but overall it was a great time.

Definitely room for improvement, but I still had a lot of fun and would do it all again. Already planning to try to go all 3 days in 2017.

I'd suggest it. Then you don't feel so rushed, and you can actually see the show floor.

Couldn't be more true. We didn't get in line for Disney store or Mickey's of Glendale because we had dinner reservations that evening, and we didn't want to waste a lot of time in line when there was so much to see on the floor. Even looking at the floor, I felt I missed so much. Saw some pics of things I didn't even notice, like a 3D printed storm trooper of yourself (friend told me it was $300, so too expensive but would have been cool to see).

Left the Expo around 1:30pm today. Aside from the madness that was trying to get into the Expo on Friday morning from the Gold/Silver line (3 hours!), I had a great time! I do have plenty of suggestions -- more benefits for Gold members, open ALL the doors (instead of 1) to let people in, allow people to pre-register for events/StorePass times/Hall D23 panels -- but I loved being in the midst of everything and getting to talk to and meet lots of fun people. Here's to 2017!

Left the Expo around 1:30pm today. Aside from the madness that was trying to get into the Expo on Friday morning from the Gold/Silver line (3 hours!), I had a great time! I do have plenty of suggestions -- more benefits for Gold members, open ALL the doors (instead of 1) to let people in, allow people to pre-register for events/StorePass times/Hall D23 panels -- but I loved being in the midst of everything and getting to talk to and meet lots of fun people. Here's to 2017!

I agree with everything you said!

Ahhh, back and trying to wake up. What a weekend! We were there all three days and got into Legends, Parks & Resorts, Disney Interactive, Silly Symphonies Live, Mickey's of Glendale, the DreamStore twice, and most of the floor. We never did make it through the line at the Disney Store, but no big deal. Lines were long, but we've been to all the Expos and many Comic Cons so we knew what to expect. Got in the Gold line for the floor at about 7:30 on Saturday and got in at 9:30. While I did prefer the Arena for the Legends show, the new Hall does allow a lot more people to be there. It's bigger than Hall H and Comic Con and configured a little differently (wider and not as deep).

Overall, we had a great time.

I've definitely got some up and down experiences about this weekend. Some so bad that I swore I'd never be back, and my loving girlfriend told me to shop being an idiot, of course I'd be back. And she's right lol. I'll write a full review for my site soon, but I'll share it with ya'll as well.

I've definitely got some up and down experiences about this weekend. Some so bad that I swore I'd never be back, and my loving girlfriend told me to shop being an idiot, of course I'd be back. And she's right lol. I'll write a full review for my site soon, but I'll share it with ya'll as well.

Exactly. In spite of everything, I'm sad it's over and can't wait to go back.

I cannot believe that they never manned more than 2 doors for entry. That is my biggest gripe. The lines for the stores, there's just nothing that can be done about that. A lot of people come to these things just to buy LE items and resell them on eBay. The same thing happens at Comic-Con.

As to comparing it to San Diego Comic-Con, it's a similar experience except a TON more people. Also, a lot more show floor that is just third party booths/sellers. But then again, a lot more show floor to begin with.

Attended all 3 days and had a great time! Ups and downs were to be expected, but we did just about everything we wanted to do. Met some great people and are already looking forward to the next Expo.

Usually, they go ahead and announce the next expo at the current one, but I didn't hear anything. Did anyone else?

I cannot believe that they never manned more than 2 doors for entry. That is my biggest gripe. The lines for the stores, there's just nothing that can be done about that. A lot of people come to these things just to buy LE items and resell them on eBay. The same thing happens at Comic-Con.

As to comparing it to San Diego Comic-Con, it's a similar experience except a TON more people. Also, a lot more show floor that is just third party booths/sellers. But then again, a lot more show floor to begin with.
One major difference between SDCC and D23 is that SDCC doesn't designate exhibit hall space for lines. So once a fairly short line forms, it gets cut off. You will sometimes be told that's it for the day, or you'll have to keep checking back every so often to see if it's reopened because security chases you out of the area. At least at D23 you can see the whole line for something like the archive (this year) or the Battlefront photo op and decide to get in it.

First time poster here! Life long Disney fan and I would have loved to have been at D23 this year (I know the queues were insane but as long as I got into the Broadway Originals Concert and the Aladdin panel I'd have been more than happy).

I'm definitely planning to go in 2017, plus it'll be my first trip to Disneyland (being in the UK it's cheaper to get to World so this is the perfect excuse to spend a little more and visit the original).

Would anyone that went this year mind answering a few questions about the event?

What's the best on site hotel to stay at and how far are they from the convention centre? Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier? (probably couldn't afford the extra cost of the Grand Californian) Do Disney raise hotel prices significantly during expo week?

How crowded was the Expo floor?

How did the overnight queuing work out? Was it one line for all or was it split between show floor and Hall D23? Was there any distinction between D23 Gold members and general admission for the overnight queue?

If you wanted to be in the 1st major panel of the day (Legends, Live Action, etc.) was it necessary to queue overnight or could you still get in if you arrived at say 5am?

If you weren't bothered about the panel and just wanted to get on the show floor at 9am (Gold member), what time did you need to get there?

If I bought 2 tickets as a D23 Gold member for myself (who is a member) and my wife (who isn't), can we be in different queues? Could I, in theory, queue over night for Hall D23 whilst she queues for 9am show floor access? Or would I need to be with her for her to have the Gold early entry to the show floor?

I read a lot of horror stories about the queues to get in the stores. Where these a separate line from the show floor before the convention opened or do you just queue for show floor then join the shop queues inside?

What was the queue like to get into the Broadway Originals concert? I know they did it twice this year due to popularity, did that make it easier to get in?

How do the signing sessions work? Is it a different queue per guest/session? Are the queues always bad or does it depend on the guest?

How does the exclusive merchandise work? Is it limited to 1 per guest or is it a bit of a free for all?

Are Sorcerer tickets worth $2000 each? (if you can even get them!)

Ok, that's actually a lot more questions than I'd intended! Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of them!!

We are now home. Fantastic trip with five full days at the parks and Saturday at the Expo. We LOVED the two panels we attended...Live Action and the OUAT evening. I think we were overwhelmed by the floor since we were only there for the day and had to make some tough choices.

We will be signing up for all three days next time. Definitely booking the Hilton and maybe a day or two max for the parks.

We are now home. Fantastic trip with five full days at the parks and Saturday at the Expo. We LOVED the two panels we attended...Live Action and the OUAT evening. I think we were overwhelmed by the floor since we were only there for the day and had to make some tough choices.

We will be signing up for all three days next time. Definitely booking the Hilton and maybe a day or two max for the parks.

We loved our 1 day, but definitely regretted only having that 1 day to try and see everything and such. We will definitely book all 3 days next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter