• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

We got into Mickey's of Glendale and the Dreamstore on Friday without a shopping pass. I think we waited between half an hour to an hour for each of them. It was no big deal really, the lines were about half of the taped out length and were moving the whole time. Never made it to the Disney Store, but that was the lowest on my priority list.

We never made it to the Archives either, that line was huge on Sunday. Seems like everyone saved it for last. Just so much stuff to see...

That's what happened to me! Everyone did save that exhibit until Sunday. By the time I got to it, the line was huge and it was closed.

That's what happened to me! Everyone did save that exhibit until Sunday. By the time I got to it, the line was huge and it was closed.

We did it on Friday, but I walked by on Sunday and the line was insane. It had to be quadruple what we waited in, and we waited about 45 minutes.

We did it on Friday, but I walked by on Sunday and the line was insane. It had to be quadruple what we waited in, and we waited about 45 minutes.

I was not going to wait in a line more than 30 minutes for something you could see from the outside. The archives exhibit was weird to me this year. Needless to say, I did not wait in that line.

I was not going to wait in a line more than 30 minutes for something you could see from the outside. The archives exhibit was weird to me this year. Needless to say, I did not wait in that line.

That's what I did. I just took a few pictures from the outside. I know it probably wasn't the same as seeing it from the inside, but I just couldn't stand in another long line. Last time, it was upstairs and seemed a lot bigger.

anyone have any pictures from the sorcerers ticket package? Would love to see all the goodies. How in the world does anyone get these tickets? They sell out in like 20 seconds. its crazy

anyone have any pictures from the sorcerers ticket package? Would love to see all the goodies. How in the world does anyone get these tickets? They sell out in like 20 seconds. its crazy

I'm seriously considering getting one next time, but it seems like so many of them go to people who just want to buy and resell stuff for ridiculous prices on eBay. It's insane.

I'm seriously considering getting one next time, but it seems like so many of them go to people who just want to buy and resell stuff for ridiculous prices on eBay. It's insane.

Good luck getting one. Last two times they did D23 I tried but they sell out instantly. I think you have to be extremely lucky to get to pay the crazy amounts to get one :) Although if I ever get the chance, I'm paying for one

Good luck getting one. Last two times they did D23 I tried but they sell out instantly. I think you have to be extremely lucky to get to pay the crazy amounts to get one :) Although if I ever get the chance, I'm paying for one

Oh I know! But I want to try.

Maybe someday...that trip was expensive enough, without an extra $2000 cost!

I won't lie, I definitely had the thought that buying and reselling a couple of the exclusive items would make it worth it. I don't know if I'd actually do it, though, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Me too, considering I am a real fan who couldn't get what I wanted because of this.

Exactly. I want them to get into as many panels as possible.

I know its a few years away until the next one, but we should make a pact. If you can get a few tix for sorcerers package I'll take one. if I can get a few tix i'll get you one :) its just impossible to get those!

Just wanted to add my review. This was my first Expo. I had very low expectations going in and kept my wish-list small, so I got to do everything I really wanted to do. I'm glad that I got to experience it, but I probably won't do it again. Coming from the east coast, it's not a small expense and commitment of time and I'd rather use the time and money on other trips, especially since the online coverage (outstanding job by the DIS Unplugged!) was so good - it's almost better than being there since you don't have to wait in any lines! And I absolutely adore Disneyland, but hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun August would not a time I would voluntarily choose to visit.

I got to the convention center before 7 am each day - when I read in the guidelines that those before 7 waited inside and after 7 started the outside line (although I'm not sure that's how it actually played out?) it was a no brainer for me - get there a little earlier and have air conditioning and restrooms. Friday was actually the worst because we were on the very hard floor of Hall E. Sat and Sun we were upstairs, where it was carpeted. A little more pleasant. But I'm getting too old to be sitting on the floor for that long. It was fun to be around so many like-minded Disney fans and I had some great conversations waiting in lines.

I did a total of 5 panels over 3 days. I didn't attempt any of the Hall23 presentations except for Parks and Resorts. Got in line very early for that one and had a good seat, but could have come much later and used the time for something else and still got in. And I was a little annoyed that they made the arguably biggest parks-related announcement in the *movies* panel. Grrrr.

The 2 panels I thought were outstanding, and possibly worth flying across the country for, were the ones featuring the imagineers - 60 Years of Imagineering on Friday and One Little Spark on Saturday. Fantastic. I would listen to imagineers both past and present just tell stories for 3 days straight and that would make a perfect expo for me.

The Archives exhibit was wonderful. I did wait in line over an hour for it but they really limited the numbers of people they let in at one time and made the experience that much more enjoyable.

I did not care very much about shopping, but I did end up getting into the Dream Store on Friday afternoon when there was practically no wait, and I did wait about 30 minutes to get into Mickeys of Glendale first thing Sunday morning. (I didn't want pins, so I got in faster.) Couldn't touch the Disney store with a ten foot pole and didn't care to.

I actually wish that I had squeezed in one more panel sometime during the weekend. By Sunday afternoon I had seen everything there was to see on the show floor and had had enough.

Overall, I'm glad I went - something to check off the bucket list - but I'll be happily watching the next expo online from the comfort of home.

Overall, I'm glad I went - something to check off the bucket list - but I'll be happily watching the next expo online from the comfort of home.

You summed it up perfectly for us as well. Way too far to go from the east coast at a far less than ideal time of year to be visiting southern CA. The online coverage was indeed amazing!

Just wanted to add my review. This was my first Expo. I had very low expectations going in and kept my wish-list small, so I got to do everything I really wanted to do. I'm glad that I got to experience it, but I probably won't do it again. Coming from the east coast, it's not a small expense and commitment of time and I'd rather use the time and money on other trips, especially since the online coverage (outstanding job by the DIS Unplugged!) was so good - it's almost better than being there since you don't have to wait in any lines! And I absolutely adore Disneyland, but hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun August would not a time I would voluntarily choose to visit.

I got to the convention center before 7 am each day - when I read in the guidelines that those before 7 waited inside and after 7 started the outside line (although I'm not sure that's how it actually played out?) it was a no brainer for me - get there a little earlier and have air conditioning and restrooms. Friday was actually the worst because we were on the very hard floor of Hall E. Sat and Sun we were upstairs, where it was carpeted. A little more pleasant. But I'm getting too old to be sitting on the floor for that long. It was fun to be around so many like-minded Disney fans and I had some great conversations waiting in lines.

I did a total of 5 panels over 3 days. I didn't attempt any of the Hall23 presentations except for Parks and Resorts. Got in line very early for that one and had a good seat, but could have come much later and used the time for something else and still got in. And I was a little annoyed that they made the arguably biggest parks-related announcement in the *movies* panel. Grrrr.

The 2 panels I thought were outstanding, and possibly worth flying across the country for, were the ones featuring the imagineers - 60 Years of Imagineering on Friday and One Little Spark on Saturday. Fantastic. I would listen to imagineers both past and present just tell stories for 3 days straight and that would make a perfect expo for me.

The Archives exhibit was wonderful. I did wait in line over an hour for it but they really limited the numbers of people they let in at one time and made the experience that much more enjoyable.

I did not care very much about shopping, but I did end up getting into the Dream Store on Friday afternoon when there was practically no wait, and I did wait about 30 minutes to get into Mickeys of Glendale first thing Sunday morning. (I didn't want pins, so I got in faster.) Couldn't touch the Disney store with a ten foot pole and didn't care to.

I actually wish that I had squeezed in one more panel sometime during the weekend. By Sunday afternoon I had seen everything there was to see on the show floor and had had enough.

We must have been in the same room on Saturday morning! It was so nice to be in air conditioning and near restrooms. I even got a little more sleep. We got there around 5.

I totally agree about 60 Years of Imagineering. I thought it was worth the price of admission alone. I didn't make it to One Little Spark but I wish I had. If I had flown across the country I might feel differently, but as someone who lives in southern California, to me it was absolutely worth it. I will definitely be at the next one.

I won't lie, I definitely had the thought that buying and reselling a couple of the exclusive items would make it worth it. I don't know if I'd actually do it, though, it just rubs me the wrong way.

To be honest I think that almost anyone who says they wouldn't even consider it is lying. I'll admit that I've looked at the price of that exclusive Jasmine doll on ebay and thought "that would pay for my flight (from the UK!)"

I hate the practice of people who go to these things JUST to get the merchandise to sell for a profit on ebay, but at the same time I can completely understand a fan doing it to help pay for their trip, it might be the only way they can afford to go. The problem is you can't tell them apart.

I would love to see a full TR with pictures from someone who had a Sorcerer's pass! It seems to be a pretty tight lipped group though.

To be honest I think that almost anyone who says they wouldn't even consider it is lying. I'll admit that I've looked at the price of that exclusive Jasmine doll on ebay and thought "that would pay for my flight (from the UK!)"

I hate the practice of people who go to these things JUST to get the merchandise to sell for a profit on ebay, but at the same time I can completely understand a fan doing it to help pay for their trip, it might be the only way they can afford to go. The problem is you can't tell them apart.

So true. I think I'm going to try for them in a year (they're almost impossible to get anyway) and go from there.

I would love to see a full TR with pictures from someone who had a Sorcerer's pass! It seems to be a pretty tight lipped group though.

I haven't seen any for this expo, but @franandaj has a trip report from 2013 with the Sorcerer's Pass. It's a great trip report and has a lot of good information. Not sure if she went this year or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter