Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Thank you!

As a new member would I be eligible for Magical Beginnings? Is the price on the website accurate or could it be lower if I tour when I am at the parks?
Yes, you would be eligible for Magical Beginnings as a new member. Your best deal for VGF at 150 points would be $167.77 per point before closing.

$217 per point minus $1,085 developer credits (free vacation points), $1,500 additional developer credit, $1,000 Welcome Home incentive, $500 Dream it Forward renewal, and $3,300 Magical Beginnings

32,550-4,085-3,300 = 25,165 / 150 = 167.77

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/g/GrandFloridian_Prospect_DeveloperCredit.pdf

Magical Beginnings for new memberships in California? …
I doubt this will be available with limited availability at 11/7 month windows and all the cash stays too…
If a guide even mentions this in California , please report back
Yes, this also works for DLH. $22 per point. Minimum purchase to take advantage is 150 points. DLH doesn't have 2022 UY points so you would be selling 2023 UY back with no points until 2024 UY.

Magical Beginnings for new memberships in California? …
I doubt this will be available with limited availability at 11/7 month windows and all the cash stays too…
If a guide even mentions this in California , please report back

Not sure what the 11/7 window has to do with this?

You are simply selling back your first year of points.

Yes, you would be eligible for Magical Beginnings as a new member. Your best deal for VGF at 150 points would be $167.77 per point before closing.

$217 per point minus $1,085 developer credits (free vacation points), $1,500 additional developer credit, $1,000 Welcome Home incentive, $500 Dream it Forward renewal, and $3,300 Magical Beginnings.
I am a current owner, and when I contacted yesterday, the guide told me the welcome home incentive/additional credit was over and was only for in person sales. Is this correct or was it a misinformed guide? I’ve never worked with a guide before bc I purchased resale, but I am wanting 150 direct at VGF. This bummed me out!

I am a current owner, and when I contacted yesterday, the guide told me the welcome home incentive/additional credit was over and was only for in person sales. Is this correct or was it a misinformed guide? I’ve never worked with a guide before bc I purchased resale, but I am wanting 150 direct at VGF. This bummed me out!

Promotions can end at anytime so it is certainly possible that things changed on Aug 1st…

$161.10 per point is for current members adding on and selling the current UY back via Magical Beginnings.

$217 per point minus $5,085 developer credits and $3,300 Magical Beginnings.

32,550-5,085-3,300 = 24,165 / 150 = $161.10 per point before closing.

Pricing will be different if you are a new member, military, and/or CM.
To clarify this - the $5,085 credit noted here includes the $1,500 Welcome Home credit. I just wanted to point it out since you need to have an upcoming reservation to be eligible for this.

Add us to the list of those that have taken advantage of the current promotion! We closed on a resale BWV 150 pt contract in June, and decided to go ahead and purchase a 150 direct at VGF - both with a Dec UY. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Points were loaded the same day, and we have already purchased a Sorcerer pass for my daughter - husband and I are pass holders, but she had let hers lapse. Our guide was absolutely fantastic, easy to work with and very knowledgeable! We also chose to take advantage of Magical Beginnings and got the Welcome Home credit since we had a Halloween trip booked already. Hopefully this will do us for a while, but I won't count on it.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what happens next month, and also can't wait for the report on Direct Sales for July! I'm sure that will come out in a few days. Depending on how things are going, we may add on another 100-200 points at the end of the next round of incentives.

I’m going to sign for 150 points at VGF on 9/8 and hold off until 9/12 to see if incentives are better. I don’t like GFV & would much prefer VDH, but the restrictions and tax are deal breakers for me. Not to mention the lack of 2022 points to sell back. Just hoping there is availability at VDH so I can stay there occasionally. Sheesh, who knew I’d end up with 450 points?

I’m going to sign for 150 points at VGF on 9/8 and hold off until 9/12 to see if incentives are better. I don’t like GFV & would much prefer VDH, but the restrictions and tax are deal breakers for me. Not to mention the lack of 2022 points to sell back. Just hoping there is availability at VDH so I can stay there occasionally. Sheesh, who knew I’d end up with 450 points?
I think that’s DVC’s goal…. The new charts for resorts mean you really do need somewhere in that range to get meaningful use….

Can someone help to make sure I am understanding correctly.

I am considering buying 350 points as a new member with an April use year. If I sign up this month, my understanding is that I would immediately have 350 points available to sell back to Disney with MB and that I would then receive another 350 points in April 2024. Is this correct?

One other question if anyone knows the answer. The current offer for RR for new members is a total savings of $6,340 if you buy 300-499 points. If I break the points into two contracts of 150 and 200, would I still receive the full promo value of $6,340 because I am buying 350 total points or would I only receive the promo value for 150 points ($1,585) plus 200 points ($3,420) for a total of $5,005.

Thanks!

Can someone help to make sure I am understanding correctly.

I am considering buying 350 points as a new member with an April use year. If I sign up this month, my understanding is that I would immediately have 350 points available to sell back to Disney with MB and that I would then receive another 350 points in April 2024. Is this correct?

One other question if anyone knows the answer. The current offer for RR for new members is a total savings of $6,340 if you buy 300-499 points. If I break the points into two contracts of 150 and 200, would I still receive the full promo value of $6,340 because I am buying 350 total points or would I only receive the promo value for 150 points ($1,585) plus 200 points ($3,420) for a total of $5,005.

Thanks!
Yes, you are 100% correct with the UY points. You would be selling April 2023 UY points back and have your full allotment ready to book for trips on or after 4/1/24 (unless you borrow into the 2023 UY).

Yes, you will still receive the higher promotion for 350 points if you break up into smaller contracts. The only thing I will point out is you must sell all 350 2023 UY points back with Magical Beginnings when splitting into other contracts if you take advantage of the 350 point developer incentive. You cannot keep 150 and sell 200 since they are "different contracts." That wouldn't be eligible for the 350 developer incentive.

Yes, you are 100% correct with the UY points. You would be selling April 2023 UY points back and have your full allotment ready to book for trips on or after 4/1/24 (unless you borrow into the 2023 UY).

Yes, you will still receive the higher promotion for 350 points if you break up into smaller contracts. The only thing I will point out is you must sell all 350 2023 UY points back with Magical Beginnings when splitting into other contracts if you take advantage of the 350 point developer incentive. You cannot keep 150 and sell 200 since they are "different contracts." That wouldn't be eligible for the 350 developer incentive.
Got it, thank you!

Can someone remind me again what the final price per point would be at both RIV and VGF with these incentives? Was it $166 and $161? I’m not sure if this would be a terrible idea, but I was waiting to add on 50 points at the new poly, but now I’m tossing around the idea of getting some VGF points with the promotions, splitting it into 3 50 point contracts and selling one or two. It seems like a less costly way to get some more direct points that I could use at the new poly, without having to wait and pay ($230?/point) in another year. I’m assuming I could basically make my money back selling 50 point contracts at VGF on the resale market, I know I need to consider the commission which may foil my plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter