Curious who doesn’t use their Palo platinum benefit?

My husband and I don't drink alcohol either...The most we drink is the wine they offer during "Anyone Can Cook".

But we do love the food. But I don't think it's odd that you don't want to use the perk. If it's was a wine tasting or something to that effect, my husband and I wouldn't be using it. It's a matter of choice. But I do agree that, perhaps, DCL could offer a substitute for those who don't want to dine at Palo.
Great idea. It would be nice if we could choose between a couple of options, though not sure what they could be. I would be happy if they wanted to put a credit on our account to spend either at Palo or something else.

We just finished our 9th cruise, so one more to reach platinum and free Palo dinner. We eat at palo for dinner at least once per cruise and sometimes twice. My husband said we only have to pay for one more dinner ourselves on cruise #10 and then it becomes free!

What a waste guys! You know you can use your credit to get drinks right?!

Last cruise we had dinner in the MDR and I used my $45 credit for drinks and dessert at Palo.
We might be copying you on future cruises. We just had brunch and dinner at Palo on a cruise last week. We did both because DS was finally old enough, and had been wanting to go since he was 7. We knew we would be disappointed without the buffet for brunch. The food was good, but just too many items we missed. We weren’t that happy with the prior changes to dinner years ago, and the new pricing is not helping. We enjoyed a nice meal together, but both my husband and I have no real desire to go back unless they bring back the brunch buffet. We have two long cruises planned for later in the year...fingers crossed the buffet comes back.

We do when we can but sometimes based on when we book the cruise we can't get any reservations. I wish there was some other option besides just Palo.

We seldom use the benefit. We cruise DCL with family and prefer eating dinner with grandchildren. Breakfast in the main dining room with one or two of them is our style of special. That said, on the last 2 Transatlantics we have gone with a group for brunch in the private dining room and enjoyed the company especially.

We only have had one cruise where we've been platinum but we really enjoyed using the benefit for dinner on pirate's night. It also happened to be the first time my daughter was old enough for Palo and she really enjoyed it. We actually have brunch and dinner booked for our upcoming cruise in March.

Haven't used it while platinum yet. I broke down last cruise and booked brunch however I canceled it the day of. It just doesn't interest me.
Having said that, I have brunch booked for our cruise in two weeks and I think we will keep it this time. We are traveling with the entire family and by the last sea day, I think we will want some alone time. Other than that, I don't see us using it again as Palo, for me, isn't all that big a deal. I do like the idea of getting an OBC instead. I even like the idea of using it for drinks and dessert. Didn't know you could do that. Would love if someone explained how that goes.

We enjoy Palo. I especially enjoy the Dover sole. We never miss it.

We love Palo. We always do the brunch. But as many have said, we sure do miss the buffet. The desserts they offered were awesome. Maybe the buffet will come back. I was hitting the buffet 4 or 5 times enjoying all the little things offered, meats and cheeses and more.

If I’m cruising solo or with other adults I’ll go to Palo using the Platinum perk but if I’m cruising with my grand kiddies then I won’t.
Part of the cruise for us is to set an example to get the children used to acceptable dress and behaviour whilst receiving table service.
So we always dress for dinner even in the MD. Nothing super fancy (unless formal night) but nice dresses or nice shirts trousers for the little 3 year old boy.
Then they also learn about not running around and staying seated. Less easy with the three year old to keep away from being under the table, but he will get there!
So we forgo Palo to eat together each night.
I do miss it but family dining is just as important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter