• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious what your travel plans are this year...

How soon will you be willing to fly for vacation or business?

• Not sure because I don't know if I have a job / can afford it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trip to Disney in August with entire family and one in November just DH and I. We rescheduled from May. In October we drive to North Conway. If WDW is open, we are there.

I have a June 7th check-in planned way before this whole COVID stuff. If by some miracle Disney opens and the parks are operational, my concern would be getting to WDW. I'm in Montreal and planning to drive so that implies crossing a national border and then NY/NJ/MD/VA/NC/SC/GA just to get to Fla. So if any of those states are still in lock down I assume I'm out of luck. Anyway not getting my hopes up even if I did my FP selections earlier this week. And I have a November trip planned with friends...

Going first week of august,had reservation and flights since november of last year. If its open we will come.

We had an April Disney trip booked and we still have an October Universal trip booked. We re-scheduled our April Disney trip to October, combining it with our Universal trip for one long trip now as opposed to two shorter ones. We will go unless travel restrictions and/or closures are still in place.

Willamette Valley Oregon early April, canceled
Disneyland mid April, canceled
Willamette Valley Oregon late April canceled
Willamette Valley Oregon late May canceled
NYC early June not sure
Las Vegas mid July
Disneyland late August
Walla Walla Washington October
Disneyland mid November
Willamette Valley Oregon late November

We already weren't sure about travel this summer because of my DH's work schedule. We had planned to have my sister watch the kids during her fall break (she's a teacher) so we could reschedule an anniversary trip that was canceled when I injured my knee. We've decided that if we do go anywhere on vacation it will be a road trip in our own car so that we flexibility if we need to get home quickly.

March - Disney Cancelled
June - Alaska cruise and Land Tour
October - Disney - we shall see how it all plays out

None of the voting options are quite right for me... we're supposed to travel to Florida at the beginning of June to visit family, but we may push that a bit. We have a WDW trip planned for mid-October (replanned our March spring break trip), and if they're open and things have normalized (note that normalized doesn't mean "everything is back to normal") it's likely we'll go.

I have a trip to Dallas booked for next week. The week after, to Denver. We'll see what happens.

There's something about being told I can't travel that makes me desperate to travel. But there are just so many unknowns right now that I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

We've got SW booked for Oct 17 - 27 for a 9 day stay at Board Walk and just yesterday we learned that Horry county in SC, North Myrtle Beach, is allowing VRBO owners to rent so our May 2 - 13 trip which we booked months ago is back on, we're driving to that. Our extended family of 11 is going back there for 2 weeks in late June early July and the 2 of us will return over the Labor Day week. I addition, we've booked a VRBO villa in Davenport Fl for 3 weeks next Feb, we were there for the month of Feb this year and we hit WDW 10 times, we were only 20 mins away. We both retired last Spring and we decided to treat ourselves well, we've seen too many folks our age drop dead while still on the job or shortly after retirement.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
We are scheduled for a late July trip to WDW and Gulf Coast beach. My DH is ready to cancel. I am more optimistic about maybe an adapted trip. We could drive instead of fly, we could skip Disney and just do the house rental on a very low population island. We can only travel during school breaks, so would likely push the whole trip off a year which breaks my heart. I know we will probably do that, but I am waiting to see if the decision is made for me versus us having to decide.

We have a 2 week vacation (starting at WDW then flying to Aulani) planned for September. As of right now, I plan on keeping it. I am hopeful but if need be we will postpone till next fall.

We have a couple of trips booked at the South Jersey shore between June & September Just waiting to see what happens & is open. We are only an hour or so drive away .

I'm supposed to fly from NYC to San Antonio for a few weeks in August for business...now I'm not sure if the business will even happen (it rests solely on high school football events)...if HS football happens, I'll be there. If not, I'm in a bit of trouble for this year.

My family was supposed to come with....even if society is reopen, I don't know how my wife will feel about bringing the kids.

Other NY--->SA trips are scheduled for December and March :/

I had on the radar a solo trip for runDisney Marathon weekend, but who knows....

Luckily we had no vacations planned for this year....

Hoping to do the Ogie Boogie bash in September at DLR and we have a 2 week vacay in WDW booked for Januaury 2021.

We had a summer full of travel that we had so looked forward to. With a college aged daughter, one in high school and both my DH and myself being educators summer is really the only time we can travel.
We have canceled:
Extended family trip to St.John USVI in June
Universal in June
Scotland- My oldest DD and myself for two weeks in July- We’ve been planning, saving and dreaming and we just made the decision to cancel a few days ago.😢
We have rebooked for Aulani in late July- We are optimistic it will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter