• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious what your travel plans are this year...

How soon will you be willing to fly for vacation or business?

• Not sure because I don't know if I have a job / can afford it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We're scheduled for a Disney trip this fall. Right now I'm just waiting to see how things play out during the coming months/summer. If things don't look good I'll cancel and reschedule for next year.

We had our disney trip cancelled in March so we have airline credit that we need to use or lose by the end of the year.
But not feeling overly confident enough to book anything just now as I have several factors putting me at high risk for the virus.
Hate to lose that airline credit though..

WE are planning to travel (most likely by car) to Arizona. If all is clear in Disneyland, we might make a trip out there. This is all after November 1st, when my husband's seasonal job finishes. No plans to go to WDW at all this year,and are apprehensive about Disneyland too. We plan on going to the North Shore of Lake Superior too.

We might go somewhere in July but I don't know. I'll be willing to travel pretty early on, especially once they start figuring out who is asymptomatic.

However, I bid my time off in the fall for the whole following year. So it's not feasible for me to just change my time off to take advantage of good deals.

No huge vacation planned for 2020. We took a few big vacations in 2018 and 19, so this was not going to be a year of big travel. However, we plan to fly to Houston in July to visit my daughter, then spend a few days in San Antonio. Hoping that's still on. We got great airfare for the trip.

WDW trip first week in August is still a go AFAIC. We'd like to go SOMEWHERE, anywhere at this point ASAP. By possible I mean restrictions are lifted, of course. This bizarre-o stay-cation has gotten really old.

Won't fly anywhere, we haven't been on a plane in years. Our first trip will most likely be a RV trip somewhere, most likely to south Georgia to see hubby's parents. Not before June most likely.

We are waiting word on what the decision will be on our company trips in June and August. We have an October WDW trip booked for our anniversary that we will do unless things are really bad which I don’t anticipate. Things should be in a good place by fall imo 😀

We had our disney trip cancelled in March so we have airline credit that we need to use or lose by the end of the year.
But not feeling overly confident enough to book anything just now as I have several factors putting me at high risk for the virus.
Hate to lose that airline credit though..

Delta just announced that we have two years from purchase date to use our credits, if we had a trip in March/April/May. I bought my tickets in February, so have until Feb 2021 to use our credits. You may want to recheck and see if yours have changed too.

We did WDW in Feb 2020, Disneyland July 2019 so we're good there. We have a motorhome and we'll be taking trips to the Oregon Coast, Washington Coast and to the Cascades. No plane travel scheduled, but perhaps Hawaii in 2021.

4/19-4/25 - Riviera - cancelled
5/31-6/5 - 1 night treehouse (friend’s points expire 5/31), 5 nights Pop - planned after April cancel
9/30-10/5 - Disneyland? Haven’t booked, waitlisted at VGC
11/12-11/22 - Boardwalk Villas - Destination D

Except for the 5-31, the others were planned before all this. Playing it by ear.

We have a Disney Cruise on June 26. Hope it still goes
a trip to Colorado in July to a ranch, i will drive If needed
A trip t9 aulani in September after cancelling May
the Turner classic movie cruise in october
and A week in Cabo at and of October

Don't know yet most of my trips are in fall time and because of work most are booked only 6 or 8 weeks out including disney.

We were supposed to go to Myrtle Beach early June to visit family and that is in the air. We have a Christmas trip planned to wdw this year, but i am waiting to see how they open. If we won't get the full Disney experience i will cancel.

I recently booked a trip to Disney World for late July. I booked flights, too, as it's too far for us to drive comfortably (it would be a two-day drive each way, with me being the sole driver). I will be extremely disappointed if this trip doesn't happen as we already had to reschedule (at a loss) from late May/early June. We also have a Disney cruise & WDW trip booked for December, and yes, we'll be flying then, too.

We're not paranoid about flying at all. My son wants to be a pilot when he grows up, so he loves to fly. I am an elementary school teacher, and as such I am much more likely to get sick at work than on a plane.

If WDW is fully open, British Airways are flying, borders are open, ESTAs are reissued, FCO lifts advisories against travel to US, we will be on an aeroplane on 30 June. A lot of ‘ifs’.

We are scheduled for July 4 week but not sure how that will go now. We usually have trips in December or July due to school schedules. I have driven few times with my kiddos and will more than likely do that rather than fly I guess if we make it back this year. It’s 12 hour drive but easy. In the end, I may just keep it at beach vacation this year if that can even happen. We were just there in December for quick trip. Hoping for best.

Have a quick trip booked end of July. We are just waiting it out and I can cancel last minute if need be. Moved our April trip to Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter