Crying at WDW

It is the magical feeling you feel and the sparkle in you see in your little ones eyes that only happens on Main Street for us!

And reading that old thread, I saw all the things I thought would make me cry, and didn't.

Instead:

In MCO we're running to get our luggage, with my little guy in the stroller. He sees the Disney Store facade and screams out "Mommy, Daddy there's Sorcerer Mickey, that means we're here at Disneyworld" with an excitement in his voice I've never heard before. Mom and I both had to duck away at that moment.

Had our first MK day with him and did all the NFL and Buzz stuff in TL. On our way to take a mid-day break a photog takes some magic shots of us. Asks my lil' guy who his favorite is, he replies with "Woody" Photog takes him and my wife by the hand, tells them to wait here for 5 minutes. Next thing you know the dance party starts. He sees so many of his favorites, then suddenly a float featuring Woody and Jessie shows up. The way my kid jumped with joy and yelled "Woody!!!" had wifey and I both waterworking.

As soon as I get to the Kingdom I have to grab my boyfriends hand and squeeze it tightly. I cry so hard people think I'm crazy! Wishes makes me hysterical, and I can't even tell you what happens to me when I do the Goodnight Kiss on my last day of my vacation... Same goes for the music at the gate of Epcot, I get crazy! I cry and cry, all tears of pure happiness of course!!

I get goose bumps the minute I come out from under the train station walkway. Then when I round the corner and the castle is in site and the tears start. I'm a little girl watching "The Wonderful World of Color" on Sunday night & I can see Tinkerbell placing her magic wand onto the black & white castle & changing it to magical color! I'm crying now just thinking about it!

I always cry when we drive past the purple arch onto property the first time and the kids squeal with excitement, always the first time I see the castle after having been away from her for a year and then probably at least once other time when something sweet happens with the kids and the characters or I see a beautiful cast interaction.

I am a 50 yr old man and have been to WDW multiple times through DVC since 2001. My wife and I have 4 kids and my oldest first went when she was 5 yrs old. She is now almost 21. My sons are 17, 15 and 13 now. To me, the combination of music and fireworks is extremely moving. I have seen these shows so many times and still cry during Illuminations and Wishes. This last trip in June was extremely emotional. My 17 yr old had no desire to go to WDW again. He is over it. We've done it so many times and there hasn't been anything new that he really enjoys. He will be off to college next year and will have different ideas for his vacation plans. So the whole trip I was on the edge of tears because I kept thinking this is the last time we will be doing (fill in the blank) as a whole family ever again :( My other 3 kids say they will always want to come, so will see.

I have always teared up at the sight of the castle. This time is a definite though. My mother passed away right before Christmas last year, she should have been on this trip with us, so I know I will need a minute or 10 to compose myself when we spot the castle.

It's also our first trip as a family, DH and I have been separately when we were younger, and my mother and I took DS1 when he was 4months. However this is the first time for DH and I together, and with both the kiddos, so there will be lots of opportunity for "omg we're making memories" waterworks ;)

I get goose bumps the minute I come out from under the train station walkway. Then when I round the corner and the castle is in site and the tears start. I'm a little girl watching "The Wonderful World of Color" on Sunday night & I can see Tinkerbell placing her magic wand onto the black & white castle & changing it to magical color! I'm crying now just thinking about it!

This.

Good to know that adults cry at Disney and I am not alone. Disney gets me everytime. I tear up making ressies, scheduling Fast Passes, watching youtube videos, arrival, departure, and on and on and on. It's such a magical place!pixiedust:

Every trip, going there and leaving. FoF Parade got to me pretty good my past trip this August. Wishes also does something to me.

Just seeing the castle makes me tear up, it lets me know I'm home.

The worst is going home, the only thing that makes it easier is knowing that at some point, whenever that may be, I'll be back.:sad:

I cried all thru Enchanted Tales with Belle last October. She's so beautiful! And all the little kids! My DD16, told me to dry it up, lol!

I am a 50 yr old man and have been to WDW multiple times through DVC since 2001. My wife and I have 4 kids and my oldest first went when she was 5 yrs old. She is now almost 21. My sons are 17, 15 and 13 now. To me, the combination of music and fireworks is extremely moving. I have seen these shows so many times and still cry during Illuminations and Wishes. This last trip in June was extremely emotional. My 17 yr old had no desire to go to WDW again. He is over it. We've done it so many times and there hasn't been anything new that he really enjoys. He will be off to college next year and will have different ideas for his vacation plans. So the whole trip I was on the edge of tears because I kept thinking this is the last time we will be doing (fill in the blank) as a whole family ever again :( My other 3 kids say they will always want to come, so will see.

My children have a 10 year age gap, I felt the same way last time we all went together.

I cry during Wishes every time!! I also get choked up during the Montage towards the end of the American Adventure show (Golden Wings).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter