Crying at WDW

I always get sniffly at the castle, but especially when we're leaving. My gf always laughs/gets embarrassed because our first trip she broke down crying in the lobby as we were checking in - to Pop Century of all places. :love:

I love this!!! Good chance it'll be me crying in the coronado springs lobby lol.

I cry....
During the Magic Kingdom Morning show when I get my first glimpse of Mickey

During wishes as soon as I hear Jiminy Crickets voice

On the long drive back to the Airport on the Magical Express :(

Real talk time ;).... I haven't been to disney world as an adult. My husband and I are going in December for our anniversary. I already tear up when I watch disney videos on YouTube! I just know I'm going to be a sobby mess when I first see the castle and when I see wishes! Does anyone else get this way?!

On our last trip this past Sept I was video taping our first MK Welcome. I was fine until we started walking in under the train station. You can clearly hear me say "I've gotta put on my sun glasses because I'm starting to cry"..........I hadn't even gotten to see the castle and I was already losing it. I hope to have it edited soon and that will be a huge part of that portion of the video.

Its a bit strange but it happens everytime I walk in.......once we start down Main St I'm fine but that first entrance...........it just gets me..........so happy. Not embarrassed by it one bit either!! pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

Real talk time ;).... I haven't been to disney world as an adult. My husband and I are going in December for our anniversary. I already tear up when I watch disney videos on YouTube! I just know I'm going to be a sobby mess when I first see the castle and when I see wishes! Does anyone else get this way?!

Oh, so glad it's not just me!! I live in Alaska and my family (including an 8 year old niece that is the light of my life) is in Texas. We are meeting for a first ever Disney trip on November 20th and I am already a sobbing mess! LOL. I get sobby watching videos, making our family shirts, and I seriously cried when I was able to get her a FP+ to meet Elsa! Literally cried! :) I'm gonna need stock in Kleenex!

:rotfl2:

I'm a heavily tattooed, bearded man, who only wears black.

That being said, when I see the castle I cry like a baby.

My first trip to WDW was in 1973. I had graduated college and went with5 friends. I remember when we were driving in and I saw the Disney shaped plants and all the other signs etc. then we could here the Disney music and I was so so excited with tears. I've been to WDW many times since then ( got home 2 weeks ago and going back in Nov lost count but over 30 times) I know my next trip in 3 weeks will be full of tears because it will be the first trip where I will have my 2 yr old Disney Princess granddaughter.

I am a pretty non-emotional person, but there is something about that place that gets me every time. It is the continuity of bringing my kids to the place that made me so happy as a kid.

I got choked up when I saw the big ball at Epcot for the first time this June. I've grown up going to Disneyland and always saw that ball in pictures or on tv. I could not get over how huge it was and I couldn't take enough pictures of it. I have to say that was the most impressive thing about WDW to me.

Thank goodness I am not the only one out there trying to hold it together during the Welcome Show-- I am sure DH thinks I'm a little nutty for that one. I can't help it though! When I hear the train whistle and the Casey Jr song knowing that the characters are about to appear and I'm about to REALLY be there, the floodgates open!

Also-- Wishes (especially when the heart floats up the castle- DH kissed me at that moment on our first Disney trip together back in 2010 way before he was even my DF :blush: So that memory gets me every time), Frozen Sing-a-long (the snow and special effects, everything like another poster said), any live show, and last glimpse of the castle while on the monorail heading home.

Such a magical place! :tink:

I haven't been to disney for 8 years, this will be my first trip without my parents, but hubby will be coming with instead! A few days ago my daughter and I went to disney live, well Mickey and Minnie opened the show, that made me cry just seeing them.... Lol I thought good lord, I'm gonna be a mess when we actually get there... Lol

I am 61 and my wife is 60. We both tear up the moment we see the sign welcoming you to the Magic Kingdom while riding the bus from the resort, they really flow the moment Cinderella's Castle comes into view and on our last day when we are leaving the Majic Kingdom. We go every year and I am not ashamed to say we get misty eyed because we love WDW so much. I try to explain to my friends and co-workers and they think I'm a nut. I don't care. Four weeks from today and I'll be a kid again walking down Main Street and I just booked out February trip.

Yes, as soon as I step onto Magical Express, I start....and pretty much don't stop. :rotfl2:

Stepping onto Main Street.....Wishes.....IllumiNations.....Soarin' (for some unknown reason).

This past trip I cried many times as my family rode Tower of Terror over and over again without me. It's my favorite ride and I couldn't go because I was 19 weeks pregnant at the time. I literally sat on a bench and cried each time...

Soarin' gets me too....my son is in the Navy in Japan and when we fly over the USS Stennis, I always miss him!

I have the Four Parks, One World cd in my car and I cry every time I listen to the welcome song. The kids think I'm crazy but I can't help it!

That being said, I cry at all the usuals.....can't help it! Seeing the sign, checking into the hotel, seeing the castle. I sobbed as my son fought Darth Vader at the Jedi Training Academy. Not to mention leaving-I cry all the way home!

I am 61 and my wife is 60. We both tear up the moment we see the sign welcoming you to the Magic Kingdom while riding the bus from the resort, they really flow the moment Cinderella's Castle comes into view and on our last day when we are leaving the Majic Kingdom. We go every year and I am not ashamed to say we get misty eyed because we love WDW so much. I try to explain to my friends and co-workers and they think I'm a nut. I don't care. Four weeks from today and I'll be a kid again walking down Main Street and I just booked out February trip.

This is so sweet

I cried when I saw Cinderella's castle for the first time... and I kinda cried like a baby when I watched wishes. :rotfl:

When Tinkerbell flies this old man cries:) Can't help it. Just so cool to see that. Not sure why it's so important to me, but it gets caught on tape everytime it happens!!!

Several times. I cry during Wishes, Illuminations. This past trip I cried when Mickey told Minnie she's always been a princess to him during the castle show. I cried when my son was singing along during Disney junior live... I cry a lot.

I always cry when we are leaving. I have to wear my sunglasses on the ME every time.

This most recent trip I cried watching my 5yo belt out Let it go at the Frozen show - she was just so happy.

I also cried when my 7yo daughter gave her Frozen and Mickey balloons to a little girl who was just checking in the day we left to "make her room more magical".

Happy tears for sure but still.. my husband thinks I'm losing it.

So I cried the first time we went, at the opening show. Then when we left, by the newsstand as you leave MK! The second trip I cried a bit wiht the welcome song again and started crying in the gift shop at AoA I felt like a fool! But it's ok :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter