Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So clearly that's just an eye, ear, and hair shot at this point, but makes sense to go away from the finger scanner.
i wonder how this will work with all the different styles of masks, white one day, blue the next, fancy design the third....will it recognize all of them as the same person. would be interesting to know how this works

I think it’s a great idea. I hate touching the finger scanner. Saves me from having to sanitize all of our hands after we enter! :crazy2: I was also wondering, if there comes a day when masks are no longer necessary, would you have to redo your face scan or would it still work? 🤔

I think it’s a great idea. I hate touching the finger scanner. Saves me from having to sanitize all of our hands after we enter! :crazy2: I was also wondering, if there comes a day when masks are no longer necessary, would you have to redo your face scan or would it still work? 🤔
I would assume if and when masks go away we will have to do this all over again. When I renewed my DAS after opening, i had to get a new picture with my mask so when they go away, i'll probably have to get another one. have never really studied how these work but wonder about things like beards then no beards does that change it? what about different glasses. so many questions.

I never had issues with the finger scanner but have seen a lot of people that do, even the DH does, so hopefully this will be a better system when they iron out the kinks.

also hope disney IT can finally get something right for this to work 😁

You are definitely entitled to your opinion! I have heard people rave about restaurants that I can’t, for the life of me, understand how or why they like them! 😆 I think we have always loved it because it was my kids favorite place to eat. Their excitement made the experience worth it. I will share, though, our last experience was pretty crappy, but the food was still good and my kids were happy, so we made the best of it.

Yeah, for me dining, especially at Disney, is about more than just the food. I know people will criticize the level of cuisine, but the atmosphere is important too and it can be fun to eat at a place that serves pretty basic stuff. As long as the food isn't terrible or anything, then I don't have a problem with it and I've never really had anything too bad at Disney - though I've had plenty that wasn't worth the money, ha ha!

Last edited:
Yeah, for me dining, especially at Disney, is about more than just the food. I know people will criticize the level of cuisine, but the atmosphere is improtant too and it can be fun to eat at a place that serves pretty basic stuff. As long as the food isn't terrible or anything, then I don't have a problem with it and I've never really had anything too bad at Disney - though I've had plenty that wasn't worth the money, ha ha!

Completely agree!!

I would assume if and when masks go away we will have to do this all over again. When I renewed my DAS after opening, i had to get a new picture with my mask so when they go away, i'll probably have to get another one. have never really studied how these work but wonder about things like beards then no beards does that change it? what about different glasses. so many questions.

I never had issues with the finger scanner but have seen a lot of people that do, even the DH does, so hopefully this will be a better system when they iron out the kinks.

also hope disney IT can finally get something right for this to work 😁
Not sure if it will be similar but at least with my iPhone the recognition works with glasses/no glasses. It does not work with a mask. Not sure about beards.

Yeah, for me dining, especially at Disney, is about more than just the food. I know people will criticize the level of cuisine, but the atmosphere is important too and it can be fun to eat at a place that serves pretty basic stuff. As long as the food isn't terrible or anything, then I don't have a problem with it and I've never really had anything too bad at Disney - though I've had plenty that wasn't worth the money, ha ha!

Absolutely! Had it just been the food, it wouldn't have been such a big deal (let's face it, most character meals are about the characters, not the food quality lol), and I will say the character interaction was good. But between the darkness, the crowd, the noise and the extreme delay in seating us... sadly the atmosphere wasn't there either for us.

Is there still no moderator for this thread? It seems to have dissolved into a place to post general Disney and Universal news headlines. It's a lot to scroll through. A suggestion for the person doing this (you know who you are), edit the original post to add more headlines each day instead of creating a new post every time you find something new. I for one, would appreciate it. :)

Absolutely! Had it just been the food, it wouldn't have been such a big deal (let's face it, most character meals are about the characters, not the food quality lol), and I will say the character interaction was good. But between the darkness, the crowd, the noise and the extreme delay in seating us... sadly the atmosphere wasn't there either for us.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Ohana specifically - never been there. I just meant WDW restaurants in general. The atmosphere is almost as important as the food, and yeah, some don't have a great (for me) atmosphere either.

Last edited:
Oh, I wasn't talking about Ohana specifically - never been there. I jsut meant WDW restaurants in general. The atmosphere is almost as important as the food, and yeah, some don't have a great (for me) atmosphere either.

It's like anything, we all like/love something different - and has any character meal been more split than Hollywood & Vine? 🤦🤣

Is there still no moderator for this thread? It seems to have dissolved into a place to post general Disney and Universal news headlines. It's a lot to scroll through. A suggestion for the person doing this (you know who you are), edit the original post to add more headlines each day instead of creating a new post every time you find something new. I for one, would appreciate it. :)
Unless "you know who you are" is @rteetz they cannot edit the first post in the thread.

I actually appreciate seeing these updates. They all have something to do with changes at the resorts and parks. If the headline doesn't interest me then I scroll past it.

Unless "you know who you are" is @rteetz they cannot edit the first post in the thread.

I actually appreciate seeing these updates. They all have something to do with changes at the resorts and parks. If the headline doesn't interest me then I scroll past it.

Yeah, I mean isn't the point to post updates into the threads - it is the News board after all. It's where I get all my info!

Last edited:
These are for the most part operational updates and youre probably seeing more because everyday there is more and more information. you can always change your alerts or block certain posters. I like getting the updates and keep up the good work!!!!!! ( You Know Who You Are)

These are for the most part operational updates and youre probably seeing more because everyday there is more and more information. you can always change your alerts or block certain posters. I like getting the updates and keep up the good work!!!!!! ( You Know Who You Are)

Yeah, goodness, the amount of information and updates coming out right now is staggering! We are adapting to changing times (in a good way it seems) so keep it coming!

Or... you could just go elsewhere for your news. The first post stopped being updated quite awhile ago, and for about oh.... 3500 pages now, the news has been posted directly into the thread, where people can choose to read through it daily if they want, or they can choose not to. I for one appreciate the time out of their own day that "you know who you are" is willing to take to keep us updated.

Yes, agreed. Atmosphere has both made or broken a place for us. For Ohana, we usually opt for a late breakfast (rope drop then head over) or early dinner so we avoid the pre-park opening and/or fireworks crowd. Breakfast is pretty basic, so tough to really mess up food-wise, but we have had some less than stellar servers. We noticed last trip (2019) at dinner that part of the issue seemed to be that they "partner" servers/bussers in certain areas and often give them too many tables to be responsible for. If the food is coming out too slow or too fast, their timing can be off too. For us, late breakfast works well and we get to see the characters without feeling rushed. Dinner is more about the food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter