Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how this is affected by party size. A group of two can “breathe now your neck” if they don’t stay behind the sticker. If a group of 12 is behind the sticker behind you, then they won’t be breathing down your neck. And if you’re behind them, then if you stay six feet behind the last person, then you’re fine.

The only time party size really matters is when they are using dots as separators. When I rode the MK ferry before Christmas they said to split up large parties to multiple dots. I haven’t ridden it lately but I’m assuming they still do that.

If it's one straight line it's not a problem, when there are switchbacks then the groups to either side are going to be too close if there's a party taking up all space between markers.

What do you mean? This was a new thing that rolled out a week ago. Presumably to prepare for Easter crowds. Then they likely bailed on it when they determined it wasn’t really enforceable. It’s not rolling back any restriction that has been in place for a significant amount of time.
I would consider the roll back of an unenforceable restriction (before its implementation) a little (as in little by little) step (as in step by step) move away from restrictions or at least an acknowledgment that it won't be observed by the public.

I’m not sure how this is affected by party size. A group of two can “breathe now your neck” if they don’t stay behind the sticker. If a group of 12 is behind the sticker behind you, then they won’t be breathing down your neck. And if you’re behind them, then if you stay six feet behind the last person, then you’re fine.

yeaah I ran into this in january where once or twice I had a large party in front of me so I stood an extra marker back because the "correct" marker was too close to them for my comfort.

I really dislike this. I'm on vacation, the last thing I want is to be constantly digging out my phone. Not to mention the data and battery this will burn through. And is Disney WiFi really prepared to handle this for all their international visitors that don't have data? Their WiFi was hit and miss at the best of times.
The express mode doesn't take any significant power at all. It doesn't use wifi. Its just near-field RF.

I really dislike this. I'm on vacation, the last thing I want is to be constantly digging out my phone. Not to mention the data and battery this will burn through. And is Disney WiFi really prepared to handle this for all their international visitors that don't have data? Their WiFi was hit and miss at the best of times.

Very glad they're not planning to do away with MagicBands - yet, and I hope they don't.

Now they are going to re-implement the swap fees for fuelrod for non-founders.

Very glad they're not planning to do away with MagicBands - yet, and I hope they don't.
I completely agree. And, when I'm on a family vacation, I want to find things to do that take the phone OUT of my kids' hands, not encourage them to use it even more.

The only time party size really matters is when they are using dots as separators. When I rode the MK ferry before Christmas they said to split up large parties to multiple dots. I haven’t ridden it lately but I’m assuming they still do that.

The issue is lateral. Not enough space sideways between groups.

Worth noting/a reminder that All Star Movies (around 1,915 rooms) reopens today (pushed back from an earlier 2/9/2021 reopening date). In total, around 12,900 Disney hotel rooms are now open (58%) and around 9,500 remain closed (42%).

The remaining announced reopenings are:

BC - 5/30/21 (around 576 rooms)
WL - 6/6/21 (around 430 rooms)
Poly - Summer 2021, but taking bookings 7/19/21 (around 485 rooms)

Which leaves the following resort hotels with no reopening information announced, most of which are rather large resorts:
AKL - around 970 rooms
BWI - around 372 rooms
POFQ - around 1,008 rooms
POR - around 2,047 rooms
ASMusic - around 1,699 rooms
ASSports - around 1,910 rooms

Note, all room counts are approximate and I'm not including DVC/Villa or Ft. Wilderness unit counts for the sake of simplicity.

Great to see another resort reopen for the CMs that work there and were called back, as well as additional hotel options for guests.

what happened with the rumor that POFQ lifeguards were called back?

With this information, it states:

“This all-important Express Mode will allow guests to simply tap their phone at a touchpoint and gain entry to the theme parks. There will be no need to unlock your phone when using your own ticket in Express Mode”

Have you ever stored your Credit Card on your IPhone? When you want to pull it up, all you have to do is press the side button on your phone twice, and your credit card will pop up. I’m assuming, from the above paragraph, it’s similar to this.

But I agree, unless my phone is in my hand, I probably wouldn’t dig through my purse to take it out for this purpose. I would still use my magic band.

thank God because my stupid iPhone won’t unlock with my face since I have to wear a mask. It’s sooooo annoying.

That was one post on one forum. Perhaps those lifeguards were at originally at POFQ but called back to work at another resort? Since Port Orleans has no opening date it’s hard to imagine they’d start with lifeguards.
I thought there was a follow up to that saying they were being assigned elsewhere on property.

I have always loved having breakfast at Ohana! First time we ate there, we liked it so much we booked it a second time a few days later! Good food and fun atmosphere 🙂

This was honestly my least favorite place! I mean the view was gorgeous, yes, but the place felt dark, it was EXTREMELY busy and loud, they were over an hour late seating us (and I might add, offered no apology or compensation for that. I have never been to a restaurant yet that when they are running significantly late didn't offer something in way of an apology), and the food was honestly just "okay". The bread everyone raves about was very dry.

Now, would I have been as disappointed in it if I hadn't been on these boards? Not sure. Everyone raves so much about it here that I had pretty high expectations. And maybe the experience was subpar because it was so busy? Regardless, I do know we'll never try it again. Though I would still like to try the luau sometime.

This was honestly my least favorite place! I mean the view was gorgeous, yes, but the place felt dark, it was EXTREMELY busy and loud, they were over an hour late seating us (and I might add, offered no apology or compensation for that. I have never been to a restaurant yet that when they are running significantly late didn't offer something in way of an apology), and the food was honestly just "okay". The bread everyone raves about was very dry.

Now, would I have been as disappointed in it if I hadn't been on these boards? Not sure. Everyone raves so much about it here that I had pretty high expectations. And maybe the experience was subpar because it was so busy? Regardless, I do know we'll never try it again. Though I would still like to try the luau sometime.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion! I have heard people rave about restaurants that I can’t, for the life of me, understand how or why they like them! 😆 I think we have always loved it because it was my kids favorite place to eat. Their excitement made the experience worth it. I will share, though, our last experience was pretty crappy, but the food was still good and my kids were happy, so we made the best of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter