• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've seen both. Mostly the "safety" factor, but some complaining about the long lines, feeling busy etc...
I know a lot of ppl who were willing to sacrifice the limited experiences in exchange for low crowds. So when they go & it still feels as crowded as a regular day, they’re disappointed. I know ppl who booked trips based on July crowds who were very disappointed. It really has nothing to do with his safe they feel.

Heard a rumor from a former cast member (in the British Revolution band at Epcot) while riding a Coronado Springs bus of 36,000 more Disney layoffs coming after Jan 1.
Most likely the person saying that was talking about the 32k lay-off number that was reported a week or so ago. But that number will encompass all of the layoffs, including the 28+ thousand that were already laid off. So totally false.

But I do give props to the rumor for including the bus reference because it’s not a Disney rumor unless it’s heard on a bus.

I am here now and I have to say that to me it appears like there is a higher CM to guest ratio than ever. Cm's everywhere! All doing a great job. With the TS restaurants removing/idling tables, you really get your meals done in rapid fashion. We like to "enjoy" our meals with before and aft drinks, but have adjusted because we know the wait staff want to turn tables to maximize tips.

Forgot to mention something I've noticed when at HS on Sunday. There were cms going around GE asking if we wanted to build a Droid. Got asked about 3 times. Seems while busy people aren't reserving some of the experiences

Forgot to mention something I've noticed when at HS on Sunday. There were cms going around GE asking if we wanted to build a Droid. Got asked about 3 times. Seems while busy people aren't reserving some of the experiences

wonder if that is more evidence that the people there are locals/frequent visitors that likely already have built their droid if they were interested - vs the family doing there big "every few years" trip that are there to buy all the souvenirs

wonder if that is more evidence that the people there are locals/frequent visitors that likely already have built their droid if they were interested - vs the family doing there big "every few years" trip that are there to buy all the souvenirs

Only reason I disagree with that narrative is the AP bucket for DHS is maxed out just about every day, so it's not like there's more AP locals showing up than there has been

There's still plenty of availability Christmas week. Like every time slot.

Was excited though today went to DS since yesterday was a cluster, and saw these signs for merchandise release with an arrow. So of course I was curious and had to find out. Was all the way in the corner near the art of the disney store where they were selling the Disneyland 65h Anniversay funko pop with Walt and the Castle. Makes sense why I was seeing people walking around with about 10 boxes.

I don't collect funko pop's but I bought one for myself. There didn't seem to be any limit as they were asking people how many they wanted

Saw a couple of Disney Vloggers right behind me, so will be checking out their vids to see if I'm in it lol

Actually I don't think the rumor is false. The additional 4,000 were to hit by March so Disney will have to "WARN" 60 days ahead which would be for a January date.

No, the rumor isn’t false, it’s just not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter