Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I’ll take it no matter what. Such amazing news to have hopping back. It really makes me look forward to January now. We usually go 2-3 times in January alone due to the cooler weather and lower crowds (and Festival of the Arts). Now it’s going to be 100x better being able to hop to EPCOT every night!!

ya, I don't think we'll see PH come back like it was til they can go back to 100% capacity

But I am so pumped. May have to rebook that staycation for my bday in feb

ya, I don't think we'll see PH come back like it was til they can go back to 100% capacity

But I am so pumped. May have to rebook that staycation for my bday in feb

Even if this 2pm thing is still happening a year from now I will be happy. I did not like the idea of being bound to one park per day. I need to go see if I added hoppers to my package for next year!

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I heard MK fireworks were tested recently--any news on them coming back? It may seem silly, but the FW shows are a big deal for me.

I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I heard MK fireworks were tested recently--any news on them coming back? It may seem silly, but the FW shows are a big deal for me.

No news on that yet unfortunately! They're a big deal to me, too. I'm keeping my eye on that news!

After 2pm is smart. You have to be tapped into dhs to get a bg at 2pm. People wanting to go park hop to dhs won't have any advantage for rotr.

Wonder if that's the sole reasoning?

They said times could be earlier or later each day, so I wonder if like at Epcot or AK, they'll let you PH earlier

After 2pm is smart. You have to be tapped into dhs to get a bg at 2pm. People wanting to park hop to dhs won't have any advantage for rotr.
Yeah they made sure to even include it in the announcement that hoppers into HS will not be able to ride ROTR

I wonder how they’re going to update people on the capacity of parks though. Because it does say the availability of hopping is based on the current reservations for the second park. So say you start at MK and want to hop to HS after 2, but HS is filled in your bucket that day. Without having to make a reservation for that second park, would they just turn you away at the touch point or hopefully there will be a new section of MDE that will alert you to what parks have availability for hopping each day. But that’s asking a lot of Disney IT lol

The way I read it is if you show up to hop but there is no capacity then you will be turned away

I am hoping the app will have a status for each park, maybe color coded (green, amber, red), as to which have capacity and how much

Pro-Pro Tip: Take a safety pin and use it to pin the plastic to the inner fabric layer of your mask. That way, it stays attached when you take your mask off! We have these, too. I don’t think they’re necessary for just running in the store at home, but for long days at Disney, they helped. It kept the masks from getting so sweaty. We got ours on Amazon, too.

So excited to see hoppers back on Jan 1. We arrive on 1/1...I wonder if they add any parks hours in particular to MK which closes at 6:00 pm most nights.

The way I read it is if you show up to hop but there is no capacity then you will be turned away

I am hoping the app will have a status for each park, maybe color coded (green, amber, red), as to which have capacity and how much
That would be the best option. But at least EPCOT will always be available. And this should help alleviate the DS issues with filling up every night.

So excited to see hoppers back on Jan 1. We arrive on 1/1...I wonder if they add any parks hours in particular to MK which closes at 6:00 pm most nights.
They usually announce the expanded park hours about a month out from the dates. I would expect some expansion especially between 1/1 and at least 1/3 to cover that final weekend of most people’s holiday break. But hours generally cut back for most of January normally as it’s a slower season.

That would be the best option. But at least EPCOT will always be available. And this should help alleviate the DS issues with filling up every night.

Yeah, I think that will be the best impact - get people to hop there (which should help out the dining establishments there) and be an alternative to DS

I suppose EPCOT could get full later in the days some times if a lot of people hop but I would think most of the time should be easy to get in

The AP page has been updated with the new info

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...00075|287813486&cid=1283700075&bid=1413464303Please note that:

• UPDATE– Beginning January 1, 2021, we’re bringing back the ability to visit more than one park per day at Walt Disney World Resort with some new modifications.
    • We will set specific Park Hopper hours during which this option will be available. Park Hopper hours will start at 2 PM each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time. Guests will soon be able to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.
    • With the updated Park Hopper experience, Annual Passholders must make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another.
    • At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change. The ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations and applicable pass blockout dates.

Wait! was this reported already?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/#park-hopper
Water Parks
While Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park remain closed at this time, pending government approvals, we currently plan to reopen one of the two Disney water parks on March 7, 2021.
Like the other areas of Walt Disney World Resort, we will welcome back Guests and Cast Members to our water parks in a responsible way, with a plan focused on health and well-being. We will provide more details on our phased reopening plan, including a decision on the specific water park that will be reopening first, at a later time. This reopening date may change and if it does, we will let Guests know what to expect in a future update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter