Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Really wish they had Elsa back in the old movie costume, the new one (especially if shes having to carry the cape part of it) isn't really as memorable.

Oh see, I totally disagree. I was not an Elsa fan from the first movie, but love her in the second! Her final "form" made her become one of my favorite Disney characters!

They made her look ethereal. Although obviously doesn't translate to walking around Epcot.
:rotfl:

Your hard work isn’t going unnoticed, thank you for doing the grunt work for the unmotivated like myself.
I’m trying to stay positive that AP holders will get compensated eventually, but its getting harder by the day, and with every person saying its too late to opt for the refund.
Maybe we’ll get an update in early July 2021 and that’s what they meant all along

If it's true we're too late for refunds, Disney will probably have some kind of class action on their hands. People aren't going to risk losing thousands of dollars on the term "partial refund." No one knew if "partial refund" was for the three months closed, the amount of time you haven't used, or what. Our APs (x4) had just started in February for a short, President's Day weekend trip. I'm not going to settle for the refund if it was only for the time closed! Disney still hasn't given a straight answer on this. I can see easily getting the refund if you only had a month or so left on your pass and it ended during the closure. Sure! Send me a refund. But for those that were only a month in at closure? No, not blindly taking a "partial refund," especially when my current AP cost nearly $300 less than if I bought one today since we bought a voucher from SAMS when the first big increase was announced. All of this, of course, is in addition to the severe lack of services an AP is supposed to provide - almost anytime entrance, park-hopping, etc.

It sounds like they're just making a contingency plan.
Yes sounds like contingency plans. I do wonder if they would announce a longer closure runway for themselves if they make that decision. Also wonder what role financial analysis would play in a decision like that. Isn’t post Labor Day to Thanksgiving the slowest time of year? They could always open beck up for holidays if numbers get better...

If it's true we're too late for refunds, Disney will probably have some kind of class action on their hands. People aren't going to risk losing thousands of dollars on the term "partial refund." No one knew if "partial refund" was for the three months closed, the amount of time you haven't used, or what. Our APs (x4) had just started in February for a short, President's Day weekend trip. I'm not going to settle for the refund if it was only for the time closed! Disney still hasn't given a straight answer on this. I can see easily getting the refund if you only had a month or so left on your pass and it ended during the closure. Sure! Send me a refund. But for those that were only a month in at closure? No, not blindly taking a "partial refund," especially when my current AP cost nearly $300 less than if I bought one today since we bought a voucher from SAMS when the first big increase was announced. All of this, of course, is in addition to the severe lack of services an AP is supposed to provide - almost anytime entrance, park-hopping, etc.
There is no availability for passholders for an entire month and no weekends for 2 months...But regular day tickets shows full availability. Disney needs to fix their mistake.

We'll see if this quote goes as viral as all the negative Disney quotes and pictures.

The OC Mayor just said in his press conference, if there's one place in the world you should feel safe right now, it's Disney due to all the protocols and efforts they have put in place.

We'll see if this quote goes as viral as all the negative Disney quotes and pictures.

The OC Mayor just said in his press conference, if there's one place in the world you should feel safe right now, it's Disney due to all the protocols and efforts they have put in place.

It won't, unfortunately 😕
I'll run with it though 🙂 thanks for posting

One of the toughest parts of having to postpone our May 2020 trip is many more months of trying to avoid RotR spoilers. 🙈

Bloggers aren't making it easy either. Videos from DFB, AllEars, and others frequently include long, spoiler-y clips of RotR with no spoiler warnings. >:(
Can't you just skip ahead or not watch that part? That's what I would do if I was that concerned about seeing something I haven't. Honestly if it was that big of a deal; I probably would avoid seeking out vlogs in starwars land or even dhs at all.

He must be certain guests are only coming from states/counties with very few covid cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter