Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the latest Ca shutdown affect downtown disney? Presumably restaurants will close (if they're open?).

I saw the order says "malls" is that just indoor malls so presumably downtown as a whole isn't affected if they choose to remain open?

We'll see if this quote goes as viral as all the negative Disney quotes and pictures.

The OC Mayor just said in his press conference, if there's one place in the world you should feel safe right now, it's Disney due to all the protocols and efforts they have put in place.
So did this guy, and how'd that work out?

Attachments

• Amity-jaws1.jpg
    Amity-jaws1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 31
How does the latest Ca shutdown affect downtown disney? Presumably restaurants will close (if they're open?).

I saw the order says "malls" is that just indoor malls so presumably downtown as a whole isn't affected if they choose to remain open?
Someone explained to me over on the DL board that indoor shopping is still allowed but not at malls. So DTD should be safe...so for now. But also other retail stores not attached to malls should be ok..I think.

Exactly. I can think of many places as safe or safer. Why must everyone take such extreme positions? We all know I’m not going but I have not said “if you go you will get it”. Nor do I think that. There is no “truth” in terms of the pandemic anymore. Just spin
Not exactly related, but I work in a hospital, and today I walked past a nurses station where they were having a daily meeting of sorts. Let's just say that where they all standing, if a group at Disney had been standing in those exact spots and someone had put a picture on Twitter, there would have been a meltdown in every corner of the internet. And that's in a hospital where no group of people has more awareness of the dangers of Covid.

So that's just to say, with the extreme rules and efforts Disney seems to have in place, while I wouldn't necessarily say they are the safest place on Earth, I doubt anyone can challenge them on the efforts they are taking to maximize safety when, at least so far, the worst we've seen for crowds and social distancing is a 10 second pile up at 7DMT and an unexpected line forming after a computer glitch on admissions the first day.

Can't you just skip ahead or not watch that part? That's what I would do if I was that concerned about seeing something I haven't. Honestly if it was that big of a deal; I probably would avoid seeking out vlogs in starwars land or even dhs at all.
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just avoiding videos about RotR or Galaxy's Edge. It's often in videos about a topic that we're interested in but isn't specifically Star Wars-related, and RotR usually shows up as background footage for a voice over, so there's no warning that they're about to show it. We can't "just skip ahead," because the voice over is usually something we want to hear. We end up looking away until it's gone, but because there's no warning, we've had some of the scenes spoiled already because it takes a second to look away once you realize what's being shown. The only other choice would be to avoid all Disney coverage, which isn't really realistic, especially when planning an upcoming trip.

Not trying to start another mask OR Carlye debate. Just sharing info.

I know the other day there was a post about someone in AK drinking water and a CM told them they had to put their mask back on unless they were in a designated eating area.

I've seen a lot of tables around World Showcase in this stream, but it doesn't look like there's any "designated eating areas" for World Showcase, which I know some of us were wondering about. According to the Cory Meets World livestream, you're supposed to be seated/at a table to remove your mask to eat, but you are able to walk around without masks when taking quick bites/drinks.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.12.22 PM.png

Not trying to start another mask OR Carlye debate. Just sharing info.

I know the other day there was a post about someone in AK drinking water and a CM told them they had to put their mask back on unless they were in a designated eating area.

I've seen a lot of tables around World Showcase in this stream, but it doesn't look like there's any "designated eating areas" for World Showcase, which I know some of us were wondering about. According to the Cory Meets World livestream, you're supposed to be seated/at a table to remove your mask to eat, but you are able to walk around without masks when taking quick bites/drinks.

View attachment 509619

I think this comes down to just obeying the SPIRIT of the law. Basically they have worded it this way so that it does not give people permission to use a loophole of not having to wear a mask at all as long as they have a drink in their hand. If you really just pull it off to take the specific sip or bite and make sure no one is around, you're good. Walking around with your mask in your pocket while you carry a drink from one side of the park to the other? Nope. That's against the spirit of the rule.

We are here now and scheduled to leave on 7/20. I do believe that Disney is doing the best that they can. I also believe that it is just to tall of an order to fill. They can put up barriers and they can clean, but they can not control the general public. We have been on a few rides with people who remove their masks. We have witnessed two arguments between CM’s and guests regarding masks. It is definitely not the majority, but it just takes that one positive person to infect you. I would assume if they don’t want to wear a mask at Disney then they don’t want to do what’s right outside of Disney either.

We are leaving in the morning. Disney Springs is more crowded than I expected. I thought we would be able to go there in the evenings for dinner.

Also, we have been trying to stay outside and it’s too hot to stay outside with no a/c breaks. So, we are throwing in the towel.

Good luck to anyone coming. I hope that you and your family can stay safe! It is a lot of work!!!
Sorry to hear your vacation is ending this way. Safe travels.

I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with the mask pricing by Disney. I’m seeing MANY in the $10-15 range elsewhere, but they’ve chosen $6, or 4 for $20 (same as the pre-orders). Gotta give them a thumbs-up here.

I think the pricing and cosmetic designs are good, but they are HOT! I ordered a 4-pack and no way can I wear them at the theme parks!

Im not touching indoor dining with a 50 foot pole. Not that We typically dine at WDW but occasionally we do a character breakfast, that wasn’t happening regardless of if our typical options were open or not. Eat breakfast in the room, have a snack or two in the parks and have dinner in the room or somewhere at the resort or DS with an outdoor patio.

Everyone of course has to do what they're comfortable with, but we have gone the opposite way, scheduling ADR's for each park day except Epcot so that we'll have a built in AC/mask break. At Epcot we're planning on trying the F&W booths and Regal Eagle.

We are here now and scheduled to leave on 7/20. I do believe that Disney is doing the best that they can. I also believe that it is just to tall of an order to fill. They can put up barriers and they can clean, but they can not control the general public. We have been on a few rides with people who remove their masks. We have witnessed two arguments between CM’s and guests regarding masks. It is definitely not the majority, but it just takes that one positive person to infect you. I would assume if they don’t want to wear a mask at Disney then they don’t want to do what’s right outside of Disney either.

We are leaving in the morning. Disney Springs is more crowded than I expected. I thought we would be able to go there in the evenings for dinner.

Also, we have been trying to stay outside and it’s too hot to stay outside with no a/c breaks. So, we are throwing in the towel.

Good luck to anyone coming. I hope that you and your family can stay safe! It is a lot of work!!!

That’s such a bummer. I agree with you though, you need to have a lot of patience to walk around for 8 hours in 105 degrees with a mask on. While the crowds look wonderful, I would probably regret going now because I despise being hot in general, then the addition of having my face covered and feel like I’m suffocating? No thank you.

I‘m still really enjoying watching all the videos and give these folks a lot of credit! Happy that the cast members have been able to go back to work too, it must be a relief for a lot of families.

@pepperandchips Did they send you a replacement card with new expiration date printed on it? Or do restaurant CM’s just know to add the closure days on?
Another 13 pages behind... sorry if it’s already been answered but no they didn’t mail me anything new, I just used the same one. They scan them anyway so hopefully it is showing up in the register or maybe they can just look at it and tell, I’m not sure.

It would make sense from a health perspective if Disney would close indoor dining, like restaurants are being forced to do in CA. I have a bunch of ADRs for later this month, but I’m considering cancelling them at some point. Being in a dining room with no masks on guests seems like the weak link in the safety plan.

I doubt they will at this point. Florida has a positivity rate of 18%, according to the John's Hopkins website, not sure how accurate it is, but CA has a positivity rate of 8%, 7% last week when Newsom closed indoor dining. Point is, if FL was going to do that, I would imagine they would have done it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter