Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen this website before.

Anyway I hope it isn’t true. Very shady.

Very reputable. Allot of what Ryan posts here and on the locked news thread comes from Mickeyblog.

Im beginning to think all these changes are Disney’s way of thinning the herd.. Chapek said they “had millions of reservations on the books” Sounds like too many for the reduced capacity imposed on them by the various levels of government 🙁

Very reputable. Allot of what Ryan posts here and on the locked news thread comes from Mickeyblog.

Im beginning to think all these changes are Disney’s way of thinning the heard.. Chapek said they “had millions of reservations on the books” Sounds like too many for the reduced capacity imposed on them by the various levels of government 🙁

Blog Mickey is what you’re thinking of. :)

That's total crap.

They allowed me to book room only for 2021 and lock in my room rate at 2020 prices, like always.

Now they are forcing me to rebook as a package and pay 2021 room rates???

Get lost Disney, i'll fight that tooth and nail.

I still don't believe it. I have to be able to buy tickets separately.
This is what the website says:
By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.

Don't hotel packages include tickets? They specifically made it a point to say "will be able to purchase new DR hotel packages and theme park tickets". That reads to me like you should also be able to buy just tickets for 2021 by June 28 if that is what you want to do.

Yep a CM asked on Monday if I had any questions in mind they could answer. I said no thank you.

You should have asked them what the average width of a hidden mickey was across all of WDW (in millimeters for our global friends) and that you'll gladly take a callback for the answer. :D

Im beginning to think all these changes are Disney’s way of thinning the herd.. Chapek said they “had millions of reservations on the books” Sounds like too many for the reduced capacity imposed on them by the various levels of government 🙁

For all we know Chapek could be counting all of the ADRs and FP before they got wiped in that number. The only silver lining if this goes completely pear shaped as his first major action as CEO it'll probably be his last.

do you think they will allow you to make reservations as youbuy tickets. I would hate to spend money on tickets and the dates I want to go they are not open. Thoughts.
So yes you’ll be able to book reservations but no guarantee what parks will be available on those days :-/

You book your party. So anyone in your party can book for the entire party. You dont need to do it separately. Same as how you’d book fastpasses
I thought so too but today on the Unplugged show Pete said EVERYONE had to have MDE downloaded on their phone and “mom” couldn’t be in charge of everyone’s tickets and plans anymore which led to confusion.

I thought so too but today on the Unplugged show Pete said EVERYONE had to have MDE downloaded on their phone and “mom” couldn’t be in charge of everyone’s tickets and plans anymore which led to confusion.

I believe thats for separate bookings. Theres even pictures and instructions for people to make sure their party is set up before monday

We continue to keep the health and well-being of our cast, Guests and communities top of mind, so as we take this measured approach to reopen our Theme Parks, we will manage attendance through our new Disney Park Pass system. This new Theme Park reservation system on DisneyWorld.com will require all Guests to make advance reservations for Theme Park entry. And in order to make your reservations, you will need a My Disney Experience account and valid Theme Park ticket linked to it. If you haven’t already, be sure to link your Resort reservation to your My Disney Experience account as well.

BE AMONG THE FIRST

Since you’re an existing ticket holder with a Disney Resort or other select hotel reservation, we’re giving you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid ticket or annual pass for admission to the same Park on the same date are required. You must make a separate reservation for each date you plan to visit, even with a multi-day ticket. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed. Click here for more information.

Please remember to check the Disney Park Pass system (once available) from time to time as Theme Park reservation availability can change.

A PHASED REOPENING

As a reminder, Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park are scheduled to reopen on July 11, followed by EPCOT® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on July 15.
TICKET OPTIONS

Upon reopening, select ticket options such as Park Hopper® Option will not be available. Click here for details.

We know your next visit will be different. But together, we can find new ways to enjoy magical moments and create memories to last a lifetime. Before you arrive, please check out some things to Know Before You Go online or call your Travel Professional to learn more.

I got an email from the Swan/Dolphin today (which is where we have reservations) and it said that new tickets will be available for those without current tickets on June 28. That's also the day that new park reservations are available for people without current park tickets or Disney hotel reservations. I don't know if anyone had posted that information yet. That's the information I got from Swan/Dolphin today

I got an email from the Swan/Dolphin today (which is where we have reservations) and it said that new tickets will be available for those without current tickets on June 28. That's also the day that new park reservations are available for people without current park tickets or Disney hotel reservations. I don't know if anyone had posted that information yet. That's the information I got from Swan/Dolphin today
That is interesting. I assume that’s for guests with existing reservations only? Because Disney had indicated “later this summer”. Which I guess June 28th is but man that’s odd.

Wouldn’t be horrible PR for Disney to make everyone with a booked Value or Moderate room pay the difference to go to Deluxe/DVC. A bunch of sad little kids with their parents going viral because they can’t afford the price difference going from All Stars to Wilderness
Not really bad PR. It definitely sucks for everyone who is left out due to closure. But they will just say that they had no choice but to open DVC only. Timeshare laws are what is driving the resort openings. As for an inexpensive option, they will tout FW as it is "cheap" and safe because of the great outdoors/built in social distancing, etc. My bet is if all goes well in July and August, the other resorts will begin to come online. If Florida continues the current exponential growth of Covid, all bets are off. At the current rate, I can see a scenario where they pull the plug completely.

Let's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter